I need help choosing which muscle car...

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  I need help choosing which muscle car...

Hi.
I am turning 16 soon, and my Dad and my Uncle and myself love muscle cars. Problem is, we all have different tastes. My Dad likes the 1971 Roadrunner the best, and my Uncle likes the 1971 Cuda the best. I have a list, below, with the cars I like. I have a souped 318 engine, running around 415 horse power, and I'm looking for a restoration project for my self, so I can pass the time until I can drive. Any help?

posted by  elektragames

Roadrunners are popular... 'Cudas are great & aren't so popular. I'd go with the 'Cuda.

posted by  DodgeRida67

The only advice I can give you is to do this. Scrap the 318 mouse and build yourself a 396 or 454 or (LS 5, LS 6, LS 7). Then tell your old man and your uncle you'll stop every few miles for them to catch up. Later

posted by  snapper69

He asked for a project car not which engine he might want to use in a vehicle. Bastards are those that would put a 396 or 454 in a Cuda or Bird IMO.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Cuda hands down...love the Hemi Cuda...either the 383, the 426, or the 444ci are all great motors...

posted by  NISSANSPDR

go for the superbird! use those 415 horses to put that wing to work! man i wish i had a motor like that when i turned 16...

posted by  durangoman

I have a soft spot for '68 - '70 B-Bodies, myself (Road Runners, Super Bees, GTX's, Coronet RT's) :wink2:

Snapper69, Ditto Dodgerida67's comments on the idea of putting a chevy big block in a Dodge! :doh:

Elektragames, you must have quite the mods in the 318 to get 415hp!

Nissanspdr, methinks you meant 440ci. No such animal as a 444ci RB.

Dave

posted by  DPelletier

Durangoman,
Have you checked out the cost of a Superbird lately? Way out of my league!
Classic Car Traders has two; one 440 6 pack Superbird for $84,900.00 and a nice Hemi powered example for $225,000.00.
I would suggest something more reasonable for a first resto!

Dave

posted by  DPelletier

Me too..... :thumbs:

posted by  fc7gtx

VERY nice! :smoke:

Dave

posted by  DPelletier

dude definatly go with the cuda no question

posted by  Private Donkey

personaly i like the oldschool trucks the best i mean i muscle cars are awsome but im a oldshcool ford and dodge truck guy. but if your going with a car go with the cuda they are awsome

posted by  rsmotors

Scrap the cuda, get a 70 challenger. They're pretty much the same thing. Drop a 440 or 426 in 'er, scrap the 318.

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

Dude get it over with - go with the sure thing save yourself a lot of trial and error crap...I say one of my babies would be perfect for you---and the chicks go crazy for it.

A '78 Trans Am or a '71 Chevelle SS350

for pics go to
http://ss.1hwy.com

posted by  TXHP

try a Dart/Duster...

with the 318 power to weight ratio is much better....

just my 1/5 dime...

posted by  oldtimebuilder

340 Dusters are great.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Your Message