what is your favorite Muscle Car?

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  what is your favorite Muscle Car?

any and all, mine is the '70 Chevrolet Chevelle 454 LS6

posted by  stueck420

'73 Ford Falcon XB Coupe.

EDIT The Falcon XB isn’t my favourite, the ‘78 Ford Falcon Cobra coupe is my favourite muscle car. The ‘93 Camaro Z28 is my favourite post '87 muscle car though.
I'd still be tempted to put wheel arch extensions on it and deep dish wheels with a different offset to the original wheels so that they go up to the edge of the arches.

posted by  snoopewite

1970-'71 E-Bodies (Cuda and Challenger)
1967 Shelby GT-500

posted by  Widowmaker2k

67 Shelby GT 500
68 Pontiac GTO...guards red. :twisted:

posted by  SuperJew

forgot one...or 2... :oops:

1. shelby cobra 427
2. shelby daytona cobra coupe

:D

posted by  stueck420

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442 or Hurst Olds 442 (it was a 442 wasn't it?)

posted by  Satty101

Oh its DEFINETELY the '67 shelby GT500 :!: :twisted: :D 8)

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

1971 or 1972 chevy chevelle! the best and owesomest looking car ever! :D

posted by  72cutlas_freak

i like the mach 1s

posted by  mazda6man

Okay. now thats not even internet lingo there. that's just bad grammar... Not to be mean or anything. :rolleyes:
I know i don't type well sometimes either.

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

1970 GTO 455 conv. :twisted:

posted by  Split Mafia

Nice car right there... I love GTOs almost as much as a '67 shelby...

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

69 camaro !!

posted by  muddy4x4man

1970 Chevy Chevelle SS 454 Convertible

posted by  niceride80

D A 1967 Chevy Camero SS 427 ( very rare) and its when Ford motor company sold the 427 to Chevy and slapped it into a Camero. Fast little car if I must say .... roll http//adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/9/0/51754490.htm

posted by  wgpjohn

You're kidding me right? Ford "sold the 427" to Chevy now, did they? :rolleyes: You need to do a little bit of research on that. Better yet, how about providing some info on this alleged sale.

I can assure you the 427 is a GM design. Both the 427W (1963) which was based on the 409 (1961), and the 427 Mark II (1966) based on the 396 (1965). Oddly enough the 396 was originally a 427 but wasn't allowed by the corporate wide limit (at the time) of 400 cubic inches. So there ya have it.

P.S. The Camaro in your link is a beautiful machine.

posted by  vwhobo

mines a 1971 convertible hemicuda

posted by  hemicuda

This might not be my favorite but it's in my top five. ;)

posted by  vwhobo

yeah this is like my third favorite....big pimpin :P

http://www.edmunds.com/media/reviews/generations/cadillac.eldorado/59.cadil lac.eldorado.500.jpg

posted by  SuperJew

Just like that is Sa-weeeet....Don't let any Hispanics get a hold of it!!

posted by  BavarianWheels

I agree, it's way cool, but not a muscle car.

posted by  vwhobo

got something against hispanics

posted by  hemicuda

Why...have you taken offense?

maybe, maybe not

posted by  hemicuda

Only to the political correctness. Hispanic? How about Mexican.

I bet you thought I was going to say beaner, didn't you?

posted by  vwhobo

Then maybe I have and maybe I don't...don't waste my time, then.

Mexican has ugly conotations here in So. Cal....Hispanic is all inclusive and a happy medium... :)

oops...does this look better vwhobo?

http://www.universalautosalesandclassiccars.com/images/1968%20GTO/68GTORigh tSide.jpg

posted by  SuperJew

Yeah, like I said, political correctness. My Mexican friends would rather cut you than be called Hispanics, Latinos, etc.

posted by  vwhobo

what about Latin-American?

posted by  SuperJew

Yeah man, that's a qualifier.

posted by  vwhobo

Nope, just Messcin.

posted by  vwhobo

Ohhhhh...you have those kind of Hispanic friends...they are funny. I've had some that insist on being called, "Chicano's". I don't get it. They crack me up!! So silly!! When I was growing up, Chicano was considered a gang-banger type...tan Dickies and Pendletons....how things change...eh!

No, they just frown on the BS, people not being proud of what they are.

Q. Why do Mexicans drive low-riders?
A. So they can cruise and pick lettuce at the same time.

Q: Why doesn't Mexico have an Olympics team?
A: Because everyone who can run, jump, and swim are already in the US.

Q: What do you call a Mexican without a lawnmower?
A: Unemployed

posted by  vwhobo

And the ever popular:

Q: Why do Mexicans have small steering wheels?

A: So they can drive with hand cuffs on.

does are some funny jokes :D

posted by  hemicuda

Uh, no. Does are female deer. THOSE are some funny jokes.

posted by  vwhobo

Does that make sense? ;)

DAH!! it's CamAro!!!! I hate when people spell it Camero.

sry about the rant....just pisses me off.

posted by  Satty101

You're dead right. I'm still waiting for some info on this engine sale between Ford and Chevy. wgpjohn please comment!

posted by  vwhobo

Mine would have to be the 69' Mach 1 Mustang, They are just awesome cars,

posted by  zoomo

Oh sorry I forgot about this link, I really do not know of any documentation. I was going by a friends word which could very well be bullshit but I thought it was true and thought it was a beautiful CamAro. Also I was pretty sure that the car that I gave you all a link to had a original factory big block, but I am pretty sure I am wrong. Also as vwhobo pointed out a 427 is a Ford designed and operated motor so I doubt it would be in a General Motors car. So I went on a friends knowledge and I am pretty sure its bs. If I do find documentation revealing that this is true, I will gladly share it with you all.

posted by  wgpjohn

The best I could get on this are Dana Camaros. Basically there was a dealership in California that built Camaros with a 427. Basically, its not a offical Chevorlette car but the creators of the Camaro must have needed to get permisson or some kind of clearance to be able to do this. Also Yenko built a 427 Camaro, but that wasn't a offical Chevorlette automobile.

Dana : http://www.zlx.com/camaro/dana.htm

Yenko: http://musclev8.freeservers.com/69yenkocama.htm

posted by  wgpjohn

The best I could get on this are Dana Camaros. Basically there was a dealership in California that built Camaros with a 427. Basically, its not a offical Chevorlet car but the creators of the Camaro must have needed to get permisson or some kind of clearance to be able to do this. Also Yenko built a 427 Camaro, but that wasn't a offical Chevorlet automobile.

Dana : http://www.zlx.com/camaro/dana.htm

Yenko: http://musclev8.freeservers.com/69yenkocama.htm

posted by  wgpjohn

Read my post concerning this. I DID NOT say that. Do not misquote me to back up your statements.

posted by  vwhobo

Sorry vwhobo, I did misquote you and I now realize my mistake. I don't think their was a sale, and like I said before I do not know if this is true or not about the sale. I went on the assumption that my friends car knowledge was correct but from this stand point I do not think it is. Let me do some research and if I find anything I will post it. I jumped the gun and forgot about what you said at the end of your first post reguarding this, about the 427 being a GM design. I did not mean to misquote you.

posted by  wgpjohn

I'm not sure what you're going to research as I've already given you the answer, but okey dokey.

posted by  vwhobo

I realize that now, I was rushing to type these replies.

posted by  wgpjohn

i personally like the '69 dodge charger

posted by  JrDragsterPunk

Camaro or GTO

posted by  Car Guy

:umh: :umh: :umh:

posted by  Satty101

i pity the fool who hate the GTO....the old one, that is. :ticking:

posted by  SuperJew

That's a toughy. There are too many favorites. I'd have to say that it's a tie between a 1969 Dodge Charger R/T and a 1971 Plymouth Hemi-Cuda convertable. Another good one would have to be the 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS-454 with the 450-horse LS6 454 painted red w/ black stripes.

posted by  76MonteMan

72 chevy malibu... any year trans-am

posted by  jzxTT

'66 Shelby Cobra w/ 427

posted by  Vassar

I like all GTOs.

posted by  Satty101

glad to hear that :thumbs:

posted by  SuperJew

Same with Impalas and of course, Berettas but I don't think they'd classify as muscle cars. :doh:

posted by  Satty101

GTO owns the camaro hands down! But I do like camaro's

posted by  jzxTT

1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird
1969 Chevy Camaro SS 396
1969 Pontiac Firebird
1972 Pontiac Trans Am
1970 Ford Boss Mustang 302
1968 Shelby GT350

posted by  Unforgiven

68 camaro

posted by  archangle

That's a tough one. I drive a 72 Cutlass, everyone here would love to have a Judge (If you don't know what that is you don't deserve to post). The Chargers from the early 70's have great value as well and are becoming increasingly hard to come by. The first generation Firebirds are also one of my favorite. I would have to say though that the 71 Plymouth RoadRunner with the 426 option would be my favorite followed closely by the 71 GTX with the 440. :smoke:

posted by  72Cutlass442

Just to mention, the Camaros and Mustangs are PONY CARS!!!!! Just commonly classified with the muscle car by mistake. Thanks :banghead:

posted by  72Cutlass442

You are absolutely correct and thank you for pointing that out, but... If you currently have a full head of hair you will be bald in no time trying to convince many (most?) people of that fact. In other words I share your pain. :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

:thumbs:
That is why I just mention it in such a short and innocent way. . . so as not to make a fuss about it. The whole point of these forums is to enjoy talking to fellow motorheads and to learn things, not to get into arguments that last days and take up 2 pages of thread.

posted by  72Cutlass442

What "fun" is there in being agreed on everything...?? :laughing:

my favourite is the 69' mustang fastback for its sleek looks and what is under the hood isnt bad either!! :thumbs:

posted by  haydo

I like the 2nd gen 1970s Camaro and Firebird, especially the Z/28s and Trans Am versions :thumbs: I really liked the Smokey & The Bandit black & gold cars with the bird on the hood. :mrgreen:

http://www.78ta.com/international.htm

posted by  e12Euro

A highly minced Torana will go good against anything

posted by  CAMEL

As hard a I fell in love with Elenor the 1967 Shelby GT500 mustang, I must have to say, hands down my favorite muscle car is a 1967 Chevrolet "Nickey" Camaro SS 427, I have included a link that has a picture of one, I believe the number that remain or that were even made are insanely low, under 100 left, I may be way off... but they easily fetch over $100,000 a piece for a 1967-1969 Nickey Camaro. here is the link, it is about 8 pictures down. http://virtual-carshow.com/vettefest2000/2vettefest00.html

posted by  BrrEz2223

my sig

posted by  Simo

Sorry but I grew up on the Dukes of Hazzard and the General Lee..so my favorite has always been the 69 Charger. Seeing that orange beauty flying across the screen every week, I would love to have one.

posted by  Enan

1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1 or Boss 429
1968 Chevrolet Camaro RS/SS
1965 Pontiac GTO

posted by  Punk_ZER0

I've always loved Mustangs myself...any classic Mustang. I've often wondered though, as my knowledge of US cars is some what limited, are Mustangs actually classed as Muscle cars? I know some people have listed them in this thread, but I'm not entirely sure now. I used to think they were but I hear all this talk of 'pony' cars these days (another term I dont understand lol), so I just wanted to varify this...and learn something too, of course! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Shahuut
I have to say the Yenko Nova -Only 7 out there if only i could have one, or all 7

posted by  Nova

In my opinion Mustangs are muscle cars if they are GT models, Shelby Models, Mach 1s or Boss models (i may have forgotten a couple). everyone has their own opinion and i don't want to argue, just expose another popular opinion.

as for my favourite:

http://web.csuchico.edu/~mg351/selling/4g.jpg

'68 Charger

posted by  mischa

Dodge and Plymouth muscle cars are my favorites for ages!! The Hemi 'Cudas (from 1969 to 1971) are my definite favorites, cause "they" are very small (for mopars) and powerful as mustangs, but looking better. (IMO) :smoke:

posted by  lutz

i might have a ford mustang but i have always wanted a 427 yinko camaro. when i get my car fully restored and sell it im getting it!!

posted by  351ci-mustang

Power of a Mustang? Did you just call mopars weak? :ohcrap:

Ford 429: 370HP
Chrysler 440: 375HP

posted by  DodgeRida67

My mistake. :oops: I just did some research and asked a friend of mine and he said the same as you. Finally I found out that I have no clue :ohcrap: (I know, someone would love to quote me on that) :laughing:

Should I say that a few Mustangs where almost as powerful as mopars (Hemis and Challengers)?

I also being told that "Mopar" means "Most Power And Respected", am I correct? With the time I'll find out more about my favorite US cars.

posted by  lutz

I read a story in Mopar action where a guy had (if I remember right) a HEMI Challenger and he did 170 in it and he said it still had more to go. He stopped it at that because the front end got light. It was a convertable, 1 of a very few ( around a dozen were made ) and today its worth about 600K

Some Mopars and Mustangs are very similar in power.

MoPar means motor parts

posted by  DodgeRida67

I still like the 1967 shelby Gt500 Elanor. What a beaut! :smoke:

I also really like the 1968 Dodge charger RT 440 magnum what a monster

http://www.musclecargarage.com/Mikes68charger.JPG

Need i say more :drool:

posted by  Lukaz

My favorite Muscle Car is the 1969 Camaro. I'd have a 6 speed manual Transmission, Hurst Shifter, BF Goodrich Tires, Black w/ White Racing Stripes, Small Block Chevy, Holly 4 Barrel Carb, FlowMaster Exhaust, and 6 Cup holders. :drool:

posted by  Boss_302

69 gt fastback ford mustang!!!!!!!!!

posted by  351ci-mustang

My Fav...
1970 Chevelle SS 396 or 454 LS6

&

1969 Camaro Z28

posted by  bluechevelless

My favorite muscle car would have to be a 1974 Ford Gran Torino.

posted by  The_Wheelman

This is mine...A 71 chevelle malibu...it's bone stock and green...yuck..but for 4 grand I couldn't pass it up

posted by  blt2tzz

1969 camaro SS
1972 buick skylark custom

posted by  sherman_72

My favourite musclecar is a 1970 442 W-30. I wish I still had mine. I like many musclecars and in my current search for a replacement have the following list of contenders;

- '66 442 L-69 tri-power
- '70 442 W-30
- '68 - '69 GTX/Roadrunner/Super Bee with a 440 or 440+6 (can't afford a factory hemi car)
- '66 - '70 Chevelle SS 396 L-78 375hp
- '67 - '70 Camaro Z-28 or SS 396 L-78
- '68 - '70 Nova SS 396 L-78
- '70 Buick GS455 Stage 1
- '68 - '70 GTO HO/RAII/RAIII/RAIV or 455 HO
- '70 - '72 Trans Am 400 RAIII or 455 HO
- '68 - '70 Mustang Mach I 428CJ or SCJ
- '65 - '66 Impala SS 427 L-72

...In no particular order.
I have excluded some very desireable cars that are simply priced out of range for me now, including.
- All hemi cars
- all Chevelle/Camaro/Nova COPO 9560 (L-72 427 cars)
- LS-6 chevelles
- Boss 429 Mustangs
- All Shelbys
- all limited production factory racecars; Z-11 impalas, "swiss cheese" 421 sd catalinas, Thunderbolts, Hemi Darts, etc. etc.

Dave

posted by  DPelletier

ditto
that's a bad ass car.

posted by  b_DuB13

:hi: My favorite car is the mustang fastback '66, It has to be black too.

posted by  bugatti

I like the 67 Mustang Fastback and even the 68. :thumbs:

posted by  Bubba

'69 Yenko 427 Nova. It was a COPO car that ran 10s with slicks and headers.

http://chevyhiperformance.com/featuredvehicles/148_0403_yenko_01_z.jpg
http://chevyhiperformance.com/featuredvehicles/148_0403_yenko_02_z.jpg
http://chevyhiperformance.com/featuredvehicles/148_0403_yenko_03_z.jpg
http://chevyhiperformance.com/featuredvehicles/148_0403_yenko_04_z.jpg
http://chevyhiperformance.com/featuredvehicles/148_0403_yenko_05_z.jpg

posted by  Ground Rat

Your Message