frame work

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  frame work

im starting a restoratin project on a 1947 chevy truck, and i want to use a new frame than the origional it has. how do i determine a year and model of frame that will fit or should i even do this at all?

posted by  fray

Good luck. I tried to perform a similar search for one of my projects and wasn't successful. What I ended up doing was to fabricate body mounts onto the frame I selected in order to match the factory mounts on the body.

Why do you want to use a different frame anyway?

posted by  theman352001

Here’s a link that might give you some inspiration:
http://www.corbettsauto.com/1941_chevy_business_coupe.htm
We mounted a 41 Chevy Business Sedan on an S-10 frame. It didn’t work out very well on the car but may work fine on your truck. I always thought the car was sitting up a little to high but the customer liked it so that’s what was important. :mrgreen:

The problem was that the S-10 frame originally had an old International truck mounted to it and to save time we used some of the body mounts that had been add to fit the International truck. If the customer would have been willing to spend a few more dollars and allowed us to modify the car and the frame more it might would have been ok.

Let me know if you have any questions that I didn’t mention. You can e-mail me:
mick@corbettsauto.com

posted by  corbett_auto

Your Message