1993 Toyota Tercel question

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  1993 Toyota Tercel question

I was wondering what it would cost to turn an automatic 93 Toyota Tercel into a standard? :?:

posted by  Morphias87

Okay, this is about the forth time I've answered this basic question in these forums.

You'll need the transaxle, halfshafts, shifter and shift linkage, clutch hydraulic system, flywheel and clutch and of course the ever popular pedal assembly. Oh yeah, don't forget a manual trans PCM. I think that about covers the parts. To find the prices for these and any other parts you might ever need you should check with the place you are buying them from.

As for what labor will cost that is something you'll need to find out from whoever is going to do this for you. Simple, huh?

In my opinion the cost of parts and labor will exceed (or be damn close) to the value of the car so... If you want a Tercel with a stick shift, why not sell your car and buy a different one?

posted by  vwhobo

I thought it would be really expensive :( , thnx for the help vwhobo.

posted by  Morphias87

Well I guess I'm going to have to stick with my automatic tercel for a while, I have a job, I just don't pull in enough money for a new car, my dad is giving this 1 to me. I was wondering if you can do anything to this car(mods ect.) to give it a little more "juice"? :?

posted by  Morphias87

Come on, it's a Tercel with an automatic no less. Why bother?

posted by  vwhobo

:( Yea I guess your right.

posted by  Morphias87

Well, I think you need to realize that a Tercel really has no potential... Why do you really need a manual anyway? Just drive this car till you save up enough to get a real car. :)

-Josh

posted by  spirited driver

Your Message