Honda Accord

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Honda Accord

I've got a 98' Honda Accord 4-door 4cyl. vtec, LX. What kind of dual pipe cat-back exaust is the best quality, best price?

thx.

posted by  Accord_Man

i dont think they make any dual canister exhaust not sure, but the APEX'I sport 2 cat-back exhaust systems are very nice. You will see gains around 5-10 HP/5-10 ft lbs Torque. I would say more around the 5's though. They cost $500.

posted by  Import-tuner

vtec LX? LX is a non vtec trim... or am i mixed up somewhere...

posted by  mazda6man

im preaty sure its non vtec too. Honda only put vtec heads on their sportier models

posted by  Import-tuner

the back says lx, and the engine says vtec

posted by  Accord_Man

sounds like someone did an engine swap then

posted by  Import-tuner

are you the original onwer? find the engine code

posted by  Import-tuner

my dad is, remember, im 14.

look at honda's website, on the specs it says vtec for the LX Accord 4 cyl.

posted by  Accord_Man

ok then your right.

posted by  Import-tuner

where is the engine code

by the way, thx for all your help

posted by  Accord_Man

There's no point in running a dual exhaust on your F23 powered Accord. Just go with a nice 2.25" system.

posted by  thunderbird1100

looks like that's what im gonna have to do, its just that the black widow body kit

that i want to get has holes cut out for two and i thought it would look cool

posted by  Accord_Man

DC Sports Honda Accord 4 CYL / 4 Dr 98-02 Exhaust; Twin Canister System, SS Cat-Back

does the twin cansister mean 2 pipes or is it something completely different?

posted by  Accord_Man

No, it's still a single exit system, just the muffler has two canisters. You can do a dual exhaust by just getting 2.25" piping and a Y-Pipe then two mufflers and getting the pipes bent. It's actually cheaper than buying an already fabbed up exhaust. But, still, for simplicity just get an already fabbed system.

posted by  thunderbird1100

alright im 16, so i feel the situation your in, and if you like me, 500 for a APEX'i is alittle too much. Whats a good cheaper alternative, or just an alternative, like a good brand and model to look for. eBay has some cheap prices on exhaust, like 150 for a brand new greddy.

posted by  Stem

i didn't think it was dual exit, but I thought id give it a shot

thx for the advice

posted by  Accord_Man

Your Message