What kind of new car to buy?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  What kind of new car to buy?

Im lookin for a new car in the $20,000 to $35,000 canadian range. What should i get.

posted by  flame_boy_99

id go for 2004 RSX type S(i like 02-04 models better than 05) or go for 350 Z(i dont know how much it would be in canadian money)
good luck :thumbs:

posted by  slvracurarsx03

350Z :thumbs:

posted by  ThirdeYe

Ok so 35k Canadian is about 29k US

I would say either one of the following (if it had to be new)

Audi 1.8T Quattro (very sexy w/the sport package)
Nissan 350Z (great platform to tune off of)
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo RS (amazing power and performance for the buck)
Dodge Neon SRT4 (quick lil 4 door compact)
Acura RSX-S (fast and well made)
Ford Mustang GT (cant beat the 300HP for 24-25k)
VW R32 (AWD, V6, loads of torque)
Nissan Sentra Spec V (great handling car...LSD, torque, 6 spds IIRC)
Subaru WRX (also a great platform to work off of)
Mini Cooper S (nimble, light, good power for weight)
Mazdaspeed Miata (if you can drop the top...you get turbo power & agility)
Chevy Cobalt SS (supercharged, light, quick)
Saturn Ion Redline (same as above)

posted by  NISSANSPDR

Don't go new, if you can find one, buy a 96-98 MR2 Turbo, a real sports car :thumbs: you can't go wrong with a light,turbo,two seater, RWD, mid engine car that handles like a dream and is surprisingly quick.

With what your looking to spend, you would have enough change left over to do all the basic mods wheels, exhaust, etc. (but please don't rice them out with a stupid bodykit and huge rear spoiler, they look good enough as they are)

Its not the fastest in straight line (0-60 MPH 6.2s, 1/4 Mile 14.7s) but you'll find it hard to beat when you need to turn a corner. (plus with a few basic mods you'll easily go under 6 secs and post a 1/4M in the 13s)

But if don't care about handling and all you care about is HP and the 1/4M buy some gas sucking, overweight American POS :2cents:

posted by  ozziemr2

I think the 350Z might be $5000 too expensive for that price range.. yet still a good car..
If your not really interested in luxury and more into performance try out the new Mustang GT, Subaru WRX or Sti, Mitsu Evo 8...

If you want a fun little car then i suggest the mini cooper S

If you're into luxury and decent performance look into a Infiniti G35

And lastly, if you want a car that's really worth every penny, I'd look into a Honda Accord v6 with sat nav and leather seats for about $35 canadian

posted by  mirot

I'm just being picky, but 1997 was the last year for the turbo MR2.

Once again, I'm being picky, but a Nissan 350Z Enthusiast will cost you about 29,000 US dollars, which is right at the top of his price range. However, if he was to get a Touring or Track model, then yes, it would be out of price range.

posted by  moostang104314

Audi 1.8T Quattro (very sexy w/the sport package)

Bro-in-law had this car in burnt orange. Was a good car and he misses it ever since he had to get rid of it. Didn't have much trouble with it and had a ball driving it around in traffic even.

Acura RSX-S (fast and well made)

True and true, though if I had to choose, I would go with the Audi above.

posted by  boothe

the honda s2000. stock it does the 1/4 in 14.4 @ 98 mph while the audi TT does it in 14.5 @ 96 mph. But the audi looks much better. The honda s2000 is $32,000 US so i dont know if its cheap enough.

posted by  Import-tuner

Ooh, ooh, ooh, my turn! Look for one of those neat Acura RSX a-specs. Nice, fast, and... uh, I like it.

posted by  Nichol Bolas

hes going to go buy a bunch a models so he can get all these great cars. lol

posted by  Import-tuner

[QUOTE=moostang104314]I'm just being picky, but 1997 was the last year for the turbo MR2.

Sorry my bad, yes your right they stop producing them in december of 1997.

posted by  ozziemr2

Yea 32k>29k

But this is all assuming used

posted by  NISSANSPDR

I always wonder about people who have to have others choose their cars for them. it's not my car, it's not my money. Why should my taste decide YOUR purchase? I certainly wouldnt' want your tasete determining my own purchases.

It's one thing with a $50 video card for your computer. If you don't like what someone recommended, you're only out $50. But on a $20k purchase? Man, I'd be spending it on what I like and fits me, not something that someone else thinks is cool.

This is not a purchase to make on a whim, or quickly. There aren't any really bad new cars, so in general, if you like it, and you can afford it, then that's the choice.

posted by  ChrisV

three FITTY :mrgreen:

posted by  slvracurarsx03

Your Message