92 Accord Motor switch

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  92 Accord Motor switch

I have a 92 accord, I'm thinking of selling it and buying a 1989 Probe, but before this, I wanted to know if there are any engines I could put in my Accord to make it faster. So, I guess my question is, does anybody know if you can swap motors out of accords with a different motor, and if so, what motors (from what cars)? Thanks. Also, does anybody know if I can get a turbo or something for my accord?

posted by  Xplicit_of_lp

Of course. I'd stay with the Accord over the Probe anyday. I personally had another 4th gen Accord I had a swapped JDM H22a (Prelude) in. Here's a short list of the motors that will swap into your Accord.

F20B
F22B
H22A/A1/A4
H23A
F23A/B series

H22a series seems to be the most popular and cost effective. The JDM h22a is $1800-$2000 complete (engine, tranny, ecu) and has a baseline of 200hp and 161tq. With just the swap I noticed a HUGE difference in my old 90 Accord from the f22a1 to the new h22a, even before i heavily modded the h22a. I basically went from 125hp -> 200hp and 137tq -> 161tq adding nearly no weight in a 2860lb car.

posted by  thunderbird1100

does it matter if the Accord is a 4-door automatic?

posted by  Xplicit_of_lp

Nope, that's exactly what I had.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Your Message