Need a fast car?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Need a fast car?

Cousin just got a 2004 mustang gt dual exhaust. Need a car that is faster, more powerful, more kudos, good history than that. Open to any suggestions yet my user name says it all really, used or unused does not matter just has to be in v.good condition with plenty of life left in it (the car)
20 - 30k max

Thanks

posted by  want_a_skyline

I am very partial to bmw's. An aa turbo charged e36 m3 could easily beat a stang. and it will run circles around it in the twisties. and its nicer inside and if your into the whole oo look at me im special because i drive a (incert respected car name here) then the m3 deffinately will get the attention. it has a great racing history and is a very respected car by many car enthusiests.

a twin turbo supra is another great car if you want to go japanese. all the rice fan boys will idolize u as well. :doh:

posted by  DTMBaller

yeah always had my eye on the m3 but the price is the bitch. Hopefully my budget will ncreas in a few years and prices will fall lol.

i am talking about a 95-99. my friend got a clean 95 for 8k. that is the lowest i have seen a good one go for. my suggestion would be to get a 95 as it is obd1 and will be more responsive to mods. then get yourself over to aa and have them build you a turbo motor. it will be solid fast and with new springs and sturts will handle like a champ. or look for one that has already been built. they usualy go for under 30k. you want obd1 though. some times people get newer ones and do the obd1 swap on the bigger 3.2 motor. superchargers work too. the custom turbos just often offer more power.

posted by  DTMBaller

20-30k and we are in the Asian forum so...I would say get this

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo RS or if you can spring for it the GSR (normal model)

271HP 0-60 under 5 seconds, AWD, turbo (easy to mod to get more power), and 4 doors if you need them

The RS is the stripped down version but you can add A/C and other amneties at the dealer...they start at 26k

If that's not your fancy...there's always the 350Z...starting at 26k...287HP, RWD, good platform to mod off of...

Used...you can look into a Supra TT...320HP, RWD, twin turbo stock, very fast, and loads of potential...the motor is practically bulletproof and can hold 1000hp and more on stock internals...so I've heard

posted by  NISSANSPDR

if that comment was directed towards me then you can get a turbo charged m3 for under 30k and i know we are in an asian section of car forums but he didnt list any specifics other then it had to be under 30k, fast, kudos, good history, reliable...the m3 is all of these. i did post an asian car as well if it is more to his fancy. just putin options out there. he shouldnt limit himself to any one market of car.

posted by  DTMBaller

I choose asian imports becasue it is the best place to get the replys I want. Besides does it really matter I am up for any car fast and furious if the price is right, you know!

thanks for the suggestions so far

I would just go for the cobra mustang. Found one for 13k with 60k miles on it here in seattle. Spend 5k fixing it, you're at 18k, you've got 12k to buy whatever you want, or to make the car faster, and you're running a 4.5-4.9 second 60, and faster than the GT. Cosmetically, it's not going to stand out that much, but if your only goal is to beat that GT, then I would go with the cobra.

But.... with 30k, you can buy a old 3rd hand car and fix/tune it to go fast, but I'm more of the lazy type, who doesn't spend every spare second under the hood. All depends on what you want and what you're going to do with the car.

http://www.94tsiawd.com/Goodwill.html

posted by  Godlaus

Yeah get a rustang if you value nothing more then streight line performance. id limit myself to streight line to if i had money to waste on a domestic car.

posted by  DTMBaller

ahh yeah thanks. I thought about the cobra but wasnt sure if I wanted that american muscle type car. Wanted something more exotic and with more scope for moding and fine tuning to get some crazy results but with my budget i guess that is a bit nieve.

Still keep the suggestions coming.

i do know a mustang guy who has told me that stangs have the largest aftermarket suply available. i can believe it. but i personaly would go with a 95-99 m3 or a tt supra. both would be very respected and both would be wicked fast. both easily within your price range.

posted by  DTMBaller

So you have $30k and want to put a 2004 Mustang GT in it's place? I assume you're just talking acceleration, right? If that's the case, you have many choices for that kind of money.

The one to beat:
2004 Mustang GT
V8 260hp 302tq
0-60:5.4
1/4:14.0 @ 100.2

You could always just buy the new (better looking)Mustang GT:
2005 Mustang GT $24,995
V8 300hp 320tq
0-60:5.1
1/4:13.5 @ 103.6 mph

The other ones that will under $30k new:

2005 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast $29,010
V6 287hp 274tq
0-60: 5.5
1/4:13.9 @ 102.2 mph

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo RS $28,224
Turbo I-4 276hp 286tq
0-60:4.4
1/4:13.2 @ 99.8 mph

Dodge Neon SRT-4 $21,195
I-4 230hp 250tq
0-60:5.5
1/4:13.9 @ 101.9 mph

posted by  Gothicaleigh

ew srt 4 :ohcrap: haha sry i have a random dislike for neons.

posted by  DTMBaller

Hmmm can you see the flies arround this pile of horseshit. Some guy has $30,000 and wants a car thats faster than his cousins 2004 Mustang? Right... and I have $100,000 and I would like a car that can beat my Grandmothers Maxima because I'm just so competetive with her car buying :banghead: .

Then you get the idiots who respond and say lets buy a $12,500-$29,000 car and add a turbo kit to it that cost on average of $5,000+ just to barely exceed the performance of a $20,000.. yeah right.

posted by  DSMer

I can tell you the Pontiac GTO (monaro) 427 CV8 goes pretty well, if they sell them there. Or one of these http://www.elfin.com.au/flash/index.aspx

posted by  Wally

do you post anything worth wild...ever?

posted by  DTMBaller

Neither of which are sub-$30k cars as he requested...
...and the Elfin's aren't even road legal...

posted by  Gothicaleigh

No I've never posted anything worth wild, I have however posted many things worht WHILE. Since when has pointing out your falicys and faulty logic not been worth while for somone who might be gullable enough to feed into your bullshit? The real question is what have you posted thats worth while.

Here I'll give you a chance needledick. How about you list up to 5 or more different cars under the $20,000 price range that would prove to be a worthy comparison to a 2004 Mustang GT. Inquiring minds will be waiting.....

posted by  DSMer

do these cars have to be stock. can i either find one that with mods is under that price or find one that is under that price and have the remaining money to mod it?

posted by  DTMBaller

Oh lets be realistic, not everyone wants to mod a car to get performance. His car is fast stock, you had better find something that can match it. Surley you can do that? How about that M5 of yours? Oh no, that would'nt stand a chance... better get to thinking hard and long about this one. You're allready deminishing credebility is on the line...

posted by  DSMer

The original request was:

That means under $30k.
Hell, even a 2004 Mustang GT ran about $24k new and it is considered a good "bang for the buck" car.
I made a list on the previous page of new cars that are less than $30k and would give a Mustang GT headaches...

posted by  Gothicaleigh

actualy my m5 can will and has taken mustang gt's and you can find one for under 20k.

with that said, an e36 m3 can as well and is under 20k.

tt supra can be had for under 20k and will smoke a gt.

a jdm r32 skyline can beat a gt and can be had for under 20k

now we could also get into old muscle cars that would beat it for under 20k but streight line isnt my thing so ill stick to cars that can handle as well. lets see.

dodge stealth r/t

mr2 turbo

fd

maybe a 300z turbo.

how bout that. some are really a drivers race. but with a little bit of moding it would be hands down. and you could have the car with the mods for under 20k.

posted by  DTMBaller

oh and a wrx with da bug eyes.

posted by  DTMBaller

The problem with your list is that its impractical. Who wants to spend $29,000 chasing the performance of a car that can be bought for just a hair over $20,000? Sure an Evo could beat a Mustang GT but you will rarley find one for under $25,000. 350Z, same scenario. The only one of these that would be practical is the SRT-4 but when you bring in some aftermarket into the picture the Neon would be crushed by the GT's power.

Heres a more reasonable solution to a very practicle question. You want to beat a Mustang? How about a Camaro? Hmm, not one of you even thought of even looking at a Camaro. Z28's drop 5.5 0-60's and 14.0 1/4 times. The SS is somwhere of 0-60 in 4.9 seconds and runs the quartermile at 13.6. And get this, both trims not only contend with the Mustang GT but they cost under $18,000 on average for the SS and less than $15,000 for the Z28 trim. This is quite simple car buying.

How about a 2004 Pontiac GTO wich can be bought fore arround the $22,000 range used. Those will also outperform your run of the mill Mustang GT whilst still supporting the American cause if he is'nt fascionate of Japaneese cars.

actualy my m5 can will and has taken mustang gt's and you can find one for under 20k.
Haha, don't flatter yourself. An E34 M5 will not beat a Mustang GT. I don't know what you mean by "taken" mustangs but I'd like to see some track numbers to proove that, otherwise its not even a competitor. Not to mention the car is over 15 years old. Who wants some old as dirt BMW when they could own a newer car.

with that said, an e36 m3 can as well and is under 20k.
Haha this one has to be a joke.. Nice car, but just not up to to par with Americas greates pony cars.

tt supra can be had for under 20k and will smoke a gt.
Supra's generally runn in upwards of $25,000 for twin turbo version. Not to mention most of them under the $25,000 price range have at leaste 80,000 miles. Again, who wants to buy a old car when they can afford a newer one with better performance

a jdm r32 skyline can beat a gt and can be had for under 20k
Haha, I won't even rectify this one with an answer. You allready know better.

now we could also get into old muscle cars that would beat it for under 20k but streight line isnt my thing so ill stick to cars that can handle as well. lets see.
Oldschool muscle is nice but I don't think they will be as easy to find as other cars.

dodge stealth r/t
Mehh... Nope

mr2 turbo
Hell no.

maybe a 300z turbo.
Maybe with mods.

how bout that. some are really a drivers race. but with a little bit of moding it would be hands down. and you could have the car with the mods for under 20k.
Well his cousins car is'nt modofied. Its completly stock. I'm sure he wants to be just as bad as his cousin in stock form.

You call that a list? You gave me a half baked version of a bunch of shitty cars either too old or to weak to contend with the likes of a 04 Mustang GT.
Good try though.

2002 35TH Anniverasy Camaro SS, Hands down.

posted by  DSMer

stock, yes, but the cobra mustang might be able to take it, depending on the driver. That's the only one really within it's price range.

DTMBaller has already been crowned CF dumbass, we should all just add him to our ignore list.

...But...then he would just go around spewing his bullsh*t, so I guess these confrontations are inevitable.

DTMballer, shut up, you're wasting all of our time. You've been proven wrong time and time again. Just stop, and leave.

posted by  Godlaus

cheer for all this info even if its during some tense conversation but the fact of the matter is i have been saving up for the past 3 and half years for my firts car and taking into account bday money and christmas etc.. i have about 16k to make a down payment with. Then i do the rest in monthly payments

no bs

I have beaten mustang gt's in my car first hand experience. its funny how you can make excuses for all the cars on my list when the fact of the matter is they could all beat a mustang gt...oh and what about the wrx? i suppose there is something that makes that car total junk as well. i have never been to a forum that is so full of shit. :screwy:

posted by  DTMBaller

If you don't like it you can leave. Theres no one holding a gun to your head, and if there is I beg of that person to pull the trigger and rid us of your stupidity. So if you've beaten this Mustang GT with your "supposed" M5, where are the time slips to prove it?

Wheres the phsyical evidence... cmon needledick. Surley you would'nt want to be concieved of someone thats full of shit. So lets see your valid proof. By not disclosing valid proof you are agreeing that you are full of shit.

posted by  DSMer

With a budget range of 20-30k, you could get a used C5 Corvette. That's what I would get.

posted by  -What-

Buy a skyline
they are fun :thumbs:

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

Your Message