Skyline

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Skyline

I found a skyline in Hong kong that says it is already converted to american emissions and safety, also they are trying to tell me that when it comes over it jus needs to get a Vin number and it will be ready to go, how much does it cost to get a Vin nuimber? or would it be easier to get one from a 240sx and slap it on there?

posted by  bigd1986

LOL......ummm VIN swaps are bad.
I wouldnt even bother with that car. By the time you get that thing over here, it will be alot of cash. Shipping fee's!! Auto terminal is the only place that you could really get that car into, and when you get it there.....there goes the questions.....I do know of a company that will help you for $6500
You have to pay for shipping to a port in Miami FL.

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

Black Market = BAD
Just make sure you have a good customs agent/broker and some money for the bond release.
This subject will go on for days, I just got into the subject a hair.........

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

yeah dont do the 240 vin swap...if you get caught they will crush the car. :doh: :ohcrap:

posted by  DTMBaller

Well here's the thing it comes with a letter from nissan Japan that states it is up to par on emissions and safety standards. Also the price that i got includes shipping to a port and then to nebraska to where i live. It sounds like a really good deal, what shoudl i do? Also can i just get a VIN number for it somewhere? Also the car would most likely be shipped to Canada then down to me, does that matter? Also can you give me the horsepower and other differences between a GT-S model with a turbo and the GTR-33

posted by  bigd1986

what you should do is import one from JAPAN , a skyline from hong kong is likely to be an old accord or something with a skyline sticker on it...........it sounds like an awesome way to lose 15 grand if you ask me

posted by  325iSe30

always remember this....if it sounds to good to be true it is. if it's too good of a deal you might wantta have it check out before you buy. i wouldn't buy nothing from hong kong too much at risk. http://www.batfa.com/usedcar-skylineGTR96silver.htm . check them out before gettin one from hong kong. batfa you can't go wrong with and i've heard nothing but good things about them. plus not as much b.s.

posted by  NITeZ

Not to be a dick.......
Batfa is just another website out of country that deals with used cars.......I can post about 50 sites just like that, but all the same rules apply whether you get it from some guy at his house or the biggest acution house in hong kong.

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

Put it this way. Are you willing to spend 26,000 on a car that isn't worth 26,000. Because the price in Hong Kong is 24,800. Then, assuming you live in the United States, you would have to pay 1,200 for shipping from Hong Kong. Final price=26,000 dollars. Hope price isn't an issue with you. Oh, and if you're the kind of person I am, and I think you are because you like the skyline, you're going to want to put in mods. That'll cost you another good 8g's. Have fun : ] .

posted by  BrOoKlYnzZsIcKo

Your forgeting about 90% of the procces......
customs fees
bond release.....oh and umm you cant just bring a skyline over, and drive it off.......legalization :thumbs:

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

...comes complete and packed to the gunwales with Thailand product. :wink2:

posted by  Wally

huh???

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

he's right, that is one of the best places to get a skyline- i have my eye on one i want to get for less than 10grand
looks like it is in great condition too

posted by  gtr_man

pure idiot

posted by  toyota

Do your homework
that site is 1 of MANY japanese auction yards. This one is nothing special at all, their are many way better than that!!!!
Oh and answer me this.......what in the hell do you plan on doing with the car once it gets here??? Oh let me guess......drive it away right????

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

You ahould go with the Skyline only if it's an Gt R-34 If its an erlier model I wouldn't even bother with it because its to much work for an older car that you'll have to pay out the ass for. Also swaping the vin number is bad because they can probably check to make sure its for the right car :banghead:

posted by  JDMprelude92

LOL...

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

OMG...the ignorance in here is amazing...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

posted by  NISSANSPDR

Some people here aren't educated about this sort of stuff especially with Skylines in the US, if you really are interested and want to know the steps in bringing a Skyline over to the US check this forum out, it might help you, register and post your Qs...

www.GT-R.co.nr

posted by  Mrixon

Almost true EXCEPT, My brother who is in the air force in japan got his skyline shipped here, went through alot of hassle but it DID NOT cost more than $8,000 for him. And thats everything

posted by  JoeJITSU

Your Message