Computer Chips? +20HP?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Computer Chips? +20HP?

I've seen these advertised all over eBay, has anyone here actually tried these, or know if they actually work? They're only $10, and for +20hp, that's pretty good bang for the buck.

posted by  ThirdeYe

they are no good. they are just more krap some ppl sell on ebay.

posted by  Inygknok

Yea dont believe them...anything that isnt a real ECU swap or reflash cant do what it says it does...

Just for a ball park #...the JWT ECU costs 595 bux...expensive but it does what you want it to do and it's reprogrammable if you get forced induction or nitrous (which I guess is a form of FI...or at least another power adder)

posted by  NISSANSPDR

No, some are reliable on tunable cars. A chip flasher gets something like 50+ horsepower on a cobra from ignition timing, fuel injection, etc. etc.

Atleast, that's what the company claims, and I've seen noticable difference on a friend's cobra before and after the chip flasher.

If they're claiming more than 10 hp on a NA car, it's bull. On turboed cars, you can get above 20 claimed hp. I believe Pop sci got +25 hp on a GTI 1.8T with a new ECU. It's your money, do with it what you wish.

posted by  Godlaus

Why do you need a flasher chip, reflash, swap ecu etc. when you moddify your car like force induction?? Is it just the stock ECU cant manage all the changes or what? And how do just a "CHIP" inprove power and what does a new one do to improve horsepower?
Igniton timing? Why coulnt the stock ECU do ignition timing? Godlaus please help me..

posted by  CarEXPERT

On the S4 TT...the chip bumps the HP from 250 to 320...that's amazing for a chip

Course Audi I think probably detuned it a lil...the chip just UNLEASHES the Audi beast w/in...you know Audi...they kinda win all the time in the Le Mans series...hehe

:drool:

posted by  NISSANSPDR

My car has a KA24DE, any thoughts on what it would do to one of those?

posted by  ThirdeYe

AAHHHHHHHHH........stop the stupid questions :banghead:

posted by  ciVicman

In my 240sx, I had the same motor so check out

www.jimwolftechnology.com

or call them up to see if they make one for the Altima

I am sure they do

posted by  NISSANSPDR

Your Message