which intake?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  which intake?

Which CAI is best for a 2000 Celica GTS, Injen or AEM? If there is something better than those to tell me.

posted by  gt-s

They net about the same HP. I perfer the Injen personally as they seem to net anywhere from 1-4hp more than the AEM.

posted by  thunderbird1100

see if AEM makes a V2 intake for your car, import-tuner said he got somewhere around a 10 hp gain with the V2

posted by  Accord_Man

Well depends on if ur gettin long ram cold air intake or just short ram....AEM short ram intake is good for anywhere from 4-8hp while the AEM long ram cold air intake is good for anywhere from 8-20HP....as for injen intake specs im not sure....but im sure they are somewhat close to the same as AEM.

posted by  civisi99

go with the injen its the best for air flow i cant quote numbers but in my G i have raced an exact copy of my car but he had a AEM and i got injen i have an amp with 2 12s and i held neck and neck even with the extra weight and i am a big guy so thats even more weight

posted by  8G Galant

Show me where you saw a 20 hp gain from an AEM cold air intake.

I've always been under the impression that a cold air intake will give you up to 5 more hp depending on the application. Short ram im not sure, but its less I think.
The V2 intake can give up to 9 1/2 to 10 hp increase because it uses two different diameters of piping. Just go to the AEM website and look at the V2 interactive demo.

posted by  Accord_Man

first off...why did you get a celica gts? they are slower than shit...its a disgrace to the 6 speed cars. And secondly... i would go for the Injen intake. Everyone has an AEM and frankly im tired of seeing them in cars.

posted by  rsxdude

The GT-S is actually right up there with the RSX.

posted by  99integra

Id go with the Injen...but if AEM makes a V2 intake then get that one.

posted by  FordFromHell351

actually no...i smoked the shit out of one before...it was slow...reeeeeeeal slow.

posted by  rsxdude

I know but you have modifications on yours, I was talking about a stock RSX.

posted by  99integra

Your Message