Can a '04 celica beat...

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Can a '04 celica beat...

can a '04 celica gt beat lots of these cars?
sunfire,cavlier,neon,civic,integra,crx,mustang,camero,monte carlo, nissan ZX, or any other you think it can take..............for all cars doesnt matter the year make can range from 95-2005 models of eacch. please reply!!!!!!! :hi:

posted by  chibi

honestly no, I dont know much of the celica, but Im pretty sure that the stocked 04 celica is only pushing 140 horses, maybe you could beat the civic or neon, but as far as the Mustang and the comaro, No. and definately not the Nissan ZX which is stocked twin turbo at around 240 horses. If youre looking to buy a car for racing dont waste 17,000 on a celica theres a lot of realy fast cars
you could get for that kind of money. Dont forget about the 05 STI, and the EVO which get 260 horses I think. Then theres the dodge SRT4 which is looking at 230 horses stocked turbo.

posted by  AnchorBlue76

mustangs and cameros? :screwy:

posted by  slvracurarsx03

haha i was just askin outta curiousity i coulndt sleep last night so i just decided to ask haha.......not much of a engine kinda guy with cars i'm more of how my ride feels and drives, the celica gives me both its got a great design inside and out and drives handles beautifully can take any turn at fast speeds.....anyways thanks for answering my question :laughing:

posted by  chibi

assuming these are all stock...

i highly doubt the celica would beat an integra, mustang and a camaro. i dont know bout the rest. it may stand a chance against a neon, civic and crx, but you gotta be a bit more specific. what type of cars?

posted by  Ki2AY

Not to be picky, but the 05 STI gets 300 horses and the 05 EVO gets 276 hp.

posted by  Vlad

Yes, and it's CamAro, and the CRX weighs under 2K and was available with a nice little VTEC, you probably can't beat a CRX SI. Oh, and not all 300ZX were turbocharged, they were available non-turbo.

posted by  Bino

The EVO has 276 Hp and the STi has 300 hp. Oh.. someone already said that... sorry.
Save up your money and get a more powerful car. The EVO and STi MSRP at around 30K so thats a long way. I dont know where the SRT starts at, but that maybe a better choice. :thumbs:

If you want a Celica:
I did some research and found that the Celica GT is 17K and has just 140 HP. It weighs about 2.4K LBS which I believe is fairly light. If you really want a Celica, save up and get a GT-S. It is 22k and has 180 Hp, weighs 2.5K LBS and has some sport packages which could make it into a beater, I dont really care to look too far into it, but thats my take. :thumbs:

Ok. The GT-S packages are lame, but it does have more hp.

posted by  StiMan

to bad its not a gts

posted by  gt-s

GTS is god when it comes to my car... corolla... haha, sorry to get off topic, but a corolla gts kicks the crap out of a sr5 any day... so, in some cases, gts packages are AWESOME

posted by  mazda6man

Didn't they stop making celica and mr2? or is 2005 theri last production year/

posted by  ed_7702

Both Celica and MR2 are shitty ugly cars anyway... get your self something worth owning, not a girls car

posted by  Osiris

not unless you put Blitz kit on Celica...that thing ll look sick

posted by  slvracurarsx03

i gotta agree. they cant get any "girlier" than that.

posted by  Ki2AY

Oh yes they can. Ever seen a dude driving a late model drop-top bug? You'd look like Sly Stalone compared to that guy.

But, I have to agree, unless you get the boosted model of either, you could do better.

posted by  Bino

blitz kit = ugly and "played out"

posted by  mazda6man

"girls car"? i dont think i wanna be grabbin a stick if i was driving a guys car :orglaugh:..........get it? get it?? eh eh? :hi:

posted by  chibi

if i am not mistaken, an 04' Celica GTS should be pushing 170 with its VVTI engine. Enough to beat Civics, Neons and Integras, but cant outrun GSRs. Definitely no chance against muscle cars like CAMELs and RUSTangs....j/k :laughing: , i meant Camaro and Mustang. AND the TURBO Z32's (90+ 300zx) which have Twin Turbos are pushing 300...so you will have to heavily mod a celica if u wanna compete against those cars.

u can SMOKE my 240...lol, cuz my KA only produces about 155HP.
But beating a car thats underpowered is nothing to be proud of...

posted by  nissanTFsx

Sunfire, Cavalier, Neon, Civic, CRX, and some years of the Monte Carlo yes. But a Mustang, Camaro, and ZX are a hell no. Especially the Mustang and Camaro. Also some Integras (such as the Type R and GSR it MIGHT not be able to keep up with but I dont know) now if its an LS or GS Integra then it should be able to stomp it.

Of course this question all depends on what each car has had done to it, or if both are just bone stock.

posted by  FordFromHell351

Adding to what you didnt say: it also depends on how you and the other driver drive/handle the car. Its not always speed that wins the race, the driver has a lot to do with it to.

posted by  car_crazy89

Can Beat:
Sunfire
Cavalier
Neon (non SRT-4)
Civic
CRX

Will lose badly to
Integra
Mustang
Camaro
Monte Carlo (depending on model of Celica)
Nissan Z

posted by  Oomba

Oh yes, I did forget that part, its also the most important.

posted by  FordFromHell351

Beat Integra's, heh, it could probably beat the other cars but not an Integra :ticking:

posted by  99integra

heh, my bad :mrgreen:

anyways....y would u even wanna race a monte carlos? :confused:

posted by  nissanTFsx

With mine yes :hi:

posted by  99integra

camaro does not come with a VTEC it is american muscle

posted by  google.com

he said the CRX with a vtec, not the camaro

posted by  jarvisx2000

I don't know about you, but I race whoever has a deep pocket at the time. Doesn't matter what they're driving lol

posted by  Juhosaphat

i only race whateva when i got pissed off by road rage or other people's driving. Otherwise, i will only look for cars of the same class if not more powerful.

I dont even no y he mentioned the non turbo Z's. Yes, they are heavy and they are not that fast. But i dont see any reason how a non turbo Z(90+) cant beat a celica when it has at least 200HP while da celica is only pushing 170.

posted by  nissanTFsx

Because the original ZX statment really makes it sound like all ZX's come with twin turbos... which is not correct.

posted by  Bino

if we are talking stock celica gt 04...

a 2005 sx 2.0 with the 2.4L pushes 150 horses...

should take the celica..

posted by  dodgerforlife

:confused: 05' SX? wats dat?

posted by  nissanTFsx

the new neons, not the srt-4 obviously, as it isn't 240 horse(thats how they(srt-4s) come in canada, as compared to the 230 for other countries :thumbs: )

posted by  dodgerforlife

Its called a SXT in the US. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Your Message