Top Speed Limiter

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Top Speed Limiter

What is a top speed limiter?

posted by  Accord_Man

A top speed limiter limits the top speed of the car by restricting the amount of revolutions the engine can complete

posted by  Osiris

at what rpm would it limit a 2.3 liter VTEC 98' accord, is it part of the ECU

posted by  Accord_Man

It's part of the ECU and every car is different. There should be a Honda board somewhere that can answer the top speed limit of that car.

posted by  Bino

the best way to find the top speed limiter is just floor it. the safest is to look it up of test on a set of rollers with the proper safty equipment. i went with option A i wouldnt recomend that one though. i would guess for that car it would be 110-130 but i dunno really know

posted by  8G Galant

and the top speed limiter dosnt limit RPM your rev limiter does that your top speed limiter it tied to your cars speed and effects the fuel systems to keep u under the set limit and with the right software a laptop and 20 minutes you can remove that nasty top speed limiter

posted by  8G Galant

you will probably top out at around 120-125 depending on how fat you are, my 02 accord 2.3 liter topped out at 122

posted by  jasonk

so an Rev limiter doesnt let you rev past a certin point? Is it the redline point?

posted by  CarEXPERT

Bah, very big misconception. What you're referring to is a Rev limiter, or engine revolution limiter. A failsafe device installed on your engines ECU, or sometimes a standalone unit that won't allow the engine to go above dangerous revolutions. As far as I know most cars have a rev limiters.

A speed limiter, or govenor, won't allow you to accelerate past a certain speed. On some cars the fuel and air is restricted once you get to high enough speeds on others the car kicks back once you reach the restriced speed. Not all cars have speed limiters and as far as I know the ones that do are easily bypassed.

Define redline and you'll see that you have your question answered.

posted by  DSMer

ya my red line is 6 grand but the revlimiter is set to 6800rpm

posted by  8G Galant

Your Message