I just got a 1996 mitsubishi eclipse RS and I have a limited amount of $ to spend :( , but I have atleast 1 grand to spends on the car right now.. I was just wondering about anything that could make engine, exterior, and interior better... could u please give me some recommendations
There are many things "that could make engine, exterior, and interior better" and cost under $1000. It's hard, no make that impossible, to give a specific recommendation without having a specific direction.
stickers and neon....thats all you need. thats good for about eh id say 250-300 hp. :D :rolleyes:
Small pressure washer, detergent. Car wash detergent, wax. Vaccum, spot cleaner, carpet cleaner. You'll still have change for some neons
Everything is in good condition i just want to make the car look better soo i dont need any of wat the 3rd response person said that was bull$hit...but thanks for the 1st two responses
are you looking mainly for performance or looks? cuz a grand could go nicely to either subject
wow, you're an ass, and an idiot
the one thing most people fall down on when doing a car is detailing, and cleaning
if it isn't cleaned, it will be the ugliest damn thing in the world
me? or him?
wat the helll r u talkin bout callin me an idiot....my car is perfect i mean u would have to be an idiot if u didnt cleans ur whole dam car u moron...i think i kno that i wasnt askn bout that thats why i made the 2nd response jacka$s...mazda6.....i wanna split between the performance n looks...thanks
c'mon mazda6, you should know who i was talking about, i mean just look at
the post content
you - punctuation, decent spelling, coherent structure, and a willingness to help
him - a type of punctuation, sort of a pick and choose (as in "i like ellipses.... i'll use a bunch...."), atrocious spelling, incoherency to an extreme, and a crappy attitude against people that want to help
klw - you are the ass that said lectroid was spewing forth fecal matter from his mouth
and BTW, dick, you never said anything about the condition of your car, in actuality, from your wording, it really looks like your car is in bad condition, it looks like it isn't, at least according to your, oh so eloquent post
here's a tip, how 'bout you be nice, and you won't get made to look like an idiot
So kids, let's summarize this thread to this point;
1. Our new member comes here and asks a question about his car that is so ambiguous as to be essentially unanswerable.
2. He recieves three responses, two of which he seems to like, even though one of those is a flame. The one he doesn't like is helpful. He provides no more info on his car however.
3. Another person tries to clarify, the question, gets no where except confused. Still another, while a bit hostile is again helpful.
4. Our newb then reverts to ebonics and name calling but still doesn't tell us enough about his car or what he wants to do to help guide his decision. This is not a good way to make friends or influence people.
So based on the observed mentality of klw2004, here is my profesional opinion on how to "split between the performance n looks".
1. First buy yourself a big fart cannon. I mean huge. If you can find one that's 12" in diameter, get it.
2. Then get yourself a set of those big ass dragon stickers for both sides and the hood. Again the bigger the better. Make sure you install them crooked and leave a bunch of air bubbles in them.
3. One word, NEON. Get yourself tubes for under the front bumper, rear bumper, both sides, under the seats and on the dash. Don't bother with underhood neon because you have no clue what's under the hood anyway.
4. That will leave $3.97 out of your original $1000. Use this to go to Wal-Mart and buy a can of yellow spray paint. Start on the interior and paint everything that doesn't move yellow. If you have any left, paint the brake calipers yellow. And if you still have some left, or have a spare $4 get another can and paint the bumpers, rocker panels and top 8" of the windshield yellow.
So there you have it, just what you need to "split between the performance n looks". All of your fellow 11 year olds will think you have the "phatest" looking car in the 'hood. And after running those mods through my desktop dyno I've found you'll gain a percieved 728 hp.
You're welcome in advance, have a nice day.
Very good decisions. however I see you left 2 things out.
1. Get the biggest wing you can find. the bigger the better.
2. Get NAWS!!! lots of it!! Atleast 4 of the big bottles!
Agreed! However I was trying to stay below the $1000 limit. Sorry, I almost forgot, yo dawg.
oh haha, my bad i wasnt quite paying much attention
oh yeah cant forget about the fake column gauges, fake xenon headlights, and those ugly-assed clear taillight covers
dont forget about what i like to call "farbin fiber" (fake carbon fiber for those who couldnt tell... painted stuff) more of that, the lighter the car, ...it weighs negative pounds, great for putting stickers on for more power too
DAMN, I'M SORRY, not!
One last thing. Go to your local book/ magazine store, buy a freakin catalog for after- market car parts, roll it up real tight and have your Daddy shove it up your ass :D
no hes gotta sleep with it under his pillow! thats how hell gain all knowledge of aftermarket parts....i cant believe you didn't know that! :D
youre way off, he has to eat it so all of those learning nutrients go to his brain and hel know whats what
I thought this was done with alphabet cereal so he could learn how to read first?
it could be... im bound to have missed a part... haha
there are alot of things you can do to make your car have beter performance and looks with a grand you can get lots of stuff like air filters racing brake pads and rotors rims tires bucket seats there nice but yea if you need any help with how much money you have and not sure what to spend on e-mail me or chat with me on msn or yahoo
1. He hasn't been here for over three months, I don't think he really
2. Do they teach anything about punctuation where you live? It seems not.
I think he should have just spent the grand on technical school to learn how to mod a car...
dont forget the NOS steering wheel cover and racing gloves- 900whp guranteed, neon woulda been ok if "The Fast and Furious" was never made, wich it shouldnt have been :banghead: , but for a grand you could get a factory turbo, thats wut id do :thumbs:
Being that I don't want to waste my breath I will simply post the link.
Now that we cleared that up I can help the kid with his problem. My only question to you is do you plan on trading in the car someday?
If you ever want to trade it in to a dealership in the future then you will want to do mods that are easily reversible so that you can retain as much value as possible. Believe it or not mods take value away from your car as far as dealers are concerned. I would recommend something like a CAI (cold air intake) AEM makes a decent CAI for non-turbo models. You should be able to pick one up for around $200. Next I would look at a catback exhaust. I have a 95 GSX and use an APEX'i N1 catback system on my car. I paid about $400 for mine, but that was a hookup price, they typically run $600-$650. If you don't really care to much about the performance then you can opt for a cheaper one's that run around $150 and up on ebay but remember, you get what you pay for. You can look at getting some projectors. They run around $175 and up. Some tail lights will run you around $100 and up. Of course you'll want to get some rims. Again, there are cheaper models but you can get a decent set of 17's for $700-$800. The CAI and exhaust are really basic mods that you can do to add slight performance enhancements. If you want to go all out then you have alot more options. Bodykits, engine and interior dress up. It really all comes down to how much money you want to put into it, I've invested ALOT of money into my cars but thats because I like to do this. MY cars are heavily modded because I don't plan on trading them in. There are turbo kits you can purchase for your model too but they cost quite a bit more than you have right now. I would suggest doing some of the mods that I told you about to get your feet wet and go from there.