Is this a good skyline?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Is this a good skyline?

I have an opportunity to buy a 1996 Nissan SKYLINE GTS-T TYPE M SPEC II MT. It has an RB25DET engine and 130373 km on it. Right hand drive. Body is in good condition too. Just seeing if this is a good skyline/one that I can find parts easily available for it. Price isn't bad either, 5400 USD for it.

Comments?

posted by  Ivoryblade

Personally I love these cars... would never buy one but I love them. Nissan make good engines and the skyline has been around for years.. performance parts are normally easy to find as a lot of people like to modify these cars.

posted by  Osiris

Now how are you going to have that car legally in the US for that lil amount of money? It takes about 15k or so to legalize them...so you will have a Skyline but one you could only use for off-road/track use

posted by  NISSANSPDR

sounds like bull. A real 1990 skyline will cost you $15k and up wards. This one is probably the one rotating around those sitse that say it has been recovered by the insurance company, etc. If it was really $5400 it would have been gone by now.

posted by  insomnia

Yea I dont trust it either...like those MkIV Supra TT's that were 8k...I wouldnt trust those either

Think if they were really that cheap...you'd have Honda riceboy's having those cars w/spinner wheels and neon washer lights

posted by  NISSANSPDR

I stand by still loving the cars.. I just guess living in NZ is alot different to America... :oops:

posted by  Osiris

It's probably a lot the same, some people love certain cars... etc. I love Skylines. If I could afford a new 'vette I wouldn't buy it (although I love Corvettes), I'd be driving an R33 V-Spec Skyline courtesy of Motorex, but that's just me.

Yeah, for a RWD Skyline that's a slightly good price. I'm guessing you're the same guy that posted on 'Tuners. So I'll reiterate. You don't have to get vehicles legalized for public roads when you import them to the US. You can import them as "track only" or "off-road" only vehicles. In which case a RWD Skyline isn't really that desireable and they're very cheap overseas. So, I'm guessing it's legit but not legal to be driven on public roads.

posted by  Bino

Well yea in NZ, Japan even in the UK...you can get these cars alot cheaper than here and drive them legally there. But here in the states the DOT is a pain and if you are driving that car illegally around here on the roads or you swapped a VIN from another Nissan...you are gonna in serious trouble, fines and your car will be crushed.

posted by  NISSANSPDR

From what I just read at http://www.epoi.com/faq.html , it would roughly cost 2x the original cost of the car. I guess motorex just charges out the ass...

posted by  Ivoryblade

if youve got the money go for it. otherwise get a supra.

posted by  ciVicman

Motorex is going out of business and will be sued by many so dont put faith in them...

posted by  NISSANSPDR

Yeah... since a decent TT Supra cost much less than $25K (good deal).

posted by  Bino

Your Message