96 PathFinder with starting problems....

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  96 PathFinder with starting problems....

Today I finally put the tags and insurance on my 96 PathFinder, hoping to get a few years out of it. It has 104K miles and was sitting in a lot next to my parent's house for the past 9 or 10 months. I took it to the car wash and stopped by the local store on my way home. I came out of the store and attempted to drive home. The only problem is all I got was this clicking noise. Just about every indicator on the dash comes on (Check Engine, Oil, and a few others). I had it jumped, no luck. The battery appears to be good (lights come on, AC turns on, yadayadayada...). What could be the problem? Is it the starter? Any help out there? Please don't say alternator...

posted by  KoolTy

i'd get your battery checked, and from there begin checking the positive wire to the starter or your ground cable.

even a completely dead battery may not always "jump"

posted by  carls47807

if its automatic try shifting to neutral and starting could be a bad safety neutral switch or on a manual bad clutch pedal switch if it still clicks find the starter give a couple of taps and retry if it starts suspect the starter is sticking from sitting if not try checking the connection's on starter and battery are the battery terminals clean not a dull silver colour

posted by  osborste

Try tapping on a blue relay on the right side fender well while a friend is holding the key in the start position.

posted by  RMcGee707

Try tapping on a blue relay mounted on the right side inner fender well while a friend is holding the key in the start position

posted by  RMcGee707

Your Message