my Mazda 929, possible, problem? Or odd glich..

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  my Mazda 929, possible, problem? Or odd glich..

Ok, the other night I was driving my mazda 929, 1995, home and all the sudden it seemed louder. So I check to see if my muffler went out.. or if the catilitic converter crapped out on me.. but neither did, both are in fine working order. So I put my car into park and I notice instead of idling at 700-1000rpm, it idling at 1300-1600rpm, and when driving the acceleration is much quicker. Now keep in mind this is a totally stock car with a dohc 3.0l v6, and a very heavy car, but all the sudden this thing cut off a few seconds on the 0-60, and is much louder, almost sounds like I put on a whole new exhaust system..

Anyone have ANY idea why this would happen? OR what happened?

Thanks,
Owen

posted by  owenwarner

Yes I have an idea what would make it run louder and idle higher but... I seriously doubt you "cut off a few seconds on the 0-60". More than likely you're confusing noise with speed. After all, how do you think they sell a million fart cannons a year?

I'm also wondering, you said "I check to see if my muffler went out.. or if the catilitic converter crapped out on me.. but neither did, both are in fine working order. So I put my car into park". How exactly did you check under the car without putting it in park and getting out.

Questions, questions. :rolleyes:

posted by  vwhobo

Hey where do I get a "fart cannon" :?: sounds like a fun toy 8O

posted by  MrBMW

Why any Import "Tuner" Shop of course.

posted by  Satty101

Your Message