Wat do YOU think AbouT thIS

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Wat do YOU think AbouT thIS

ok im gettin a new car wat should i get acura rsx, lexus IS300, or honda civic and why and should i get automatic or manual transmission

posted by  MoB YuNGuN

RSX with the 6 speed manual. The RSX is in my opinion the best out of those three, its quick, can be tuned easily and combined with the 6 speed it should fly. :mrgreen: :thumbs:

posted by  FordFromHell351

If I had to choose I would pick the RSX manual 6 spd but if you want more luxury lean toward the lexus

posted by  91sentra7410

Lexus IS300 hands down. Super sexy car, much more mature looking than the other two, it's really not in the same class as those other two cars. Good power, RWD, great car. Just my opinion.

posted by  Bino

I'd go w/the IS300...more potential...read 2JZ or 1JZ swap!!! TWIN TURBO!!!

Plus it's RWD and has an interior as nice as the RSX and better exterior if you ask me

posted by  NISSANSPDR

IS300. I've seen Is's running over 450 hp, and 11 second passes. While it's possible, but a lot harder to do in a FWD car. In my humble opinion, performance car's power should go to the rear wheels or all the wheels.

posted by  Godlaus

If you want to spend a lot of money making something fast - IS300.

If you want just a very quick car with bolt ons for not that much - RSX-S.

posted by  thunderbird1100

shit if i had the money, IS300 no doubt! the more money in the car the better.

and besides, its a 4 door. **** the civic man.

posted by  Ki2AY

thanks guys um wat would i need to improve a IS300

posted by  MoB YuNGuN

Only route to go with an IS300 is forced induction... (Turbos)...but like I said, it's going to cost you, A LOT!

Get the RSX
The IS 300 is nice
RSX is faster
More mods for RSX
Get a 5 speed
Better torque

posted by  JDMprelude92

see for me, its all about impressing your friends. and come on, you gotta admit whats a car without comfort. the IS has more room. better for your friends.

i would feel much much better being a passenger in a IS rather than the cramped up rsx.

speed isnt a factor, well not as much off course. IS is more classy.

this is just IMO.

posted by  Ki2AY

ok well i got some money so how much is like twin turbos and is that all i would need

posted by  MoB YuNGuN

A full 2jz-gte swap will run you upwards of $5k. And that only gets you a 320hp motor, nothing more.

um srry can u explain to me wat that is

posted by  MoB YuNGuN

the 2JZ-GTE motor is the engine present in the Toyota Supra.

http://fab.design.free.fr/Toyota%20Supra%20Turbo%201997.jpg

And, the non twin-turboed version is present in the Toyota Camry Solara.
------------------
Twin turbos is not always better. The idea behind twin turbos is to lower turbo lag, and just habing two sequential turbos won't give you any more power than a single large turbo. My suggestion would be to go with a single large turbo for the IS300.

posted by  Godlaus

so i should get the one in the toyota camry solara?

posted by  MoB YuNGuN

The older 3.0L version. Not the newest 3.3L V6 version :2cents:

I learn something new everyday.

The engine? Or the car?

posted by  Godlaus

Get one from an American importer of JDM engines (http://www.japandomesticmotor.com/). Expect to pay about $4000 for a full engine and tranny shipped. Which btw - is for a used version. Expect to pay anywhere from $1k-$2k to get it installed as well.

it says i cant get it for a Lexus IS300

posted by  MoB YuNGuN

Supra buddy, Supra.... then the shop will just have to work with putting the thing in.... although if you have enough money for those cars I don't really know why you'd go with them. there are a lot of more exciting, and better options out there for the price of those cars.

posted by  Flame Roller

They cant tell you what to get it for, the engine COMES out of a MKIV Supra TT. They have people running around with 2jz's swapped into IS300's (as well as SC300's).

do you mean 5 speed-manual, RSX has 6 speed
or you meant 5 speed auto

posted by  slvracurarsx03

For the price of a Lexus IS300 and the 2JZ-GTE motor swap from a Supra, why not just buy a....Supra? Or how about an...Infiniti G35? Does a warranty mean anything to you?

This whole entire subject just doesn't seem...real.

posted by  -What-

those 3 cars are very different, u should get what u want

this thread seems kinda stupid, it smells like bullshit :sleep:

posted by  04subwrx

Maybe he likes how the IS300 looks, and bragging rights entail if he has a 2JZ under the hood.

He's not really asking what he should get, but rather what we would get if we were in his position. What's wrong with that?

posted by  Godlaus

An ENTIRE Supra would get you more bragging rights than just having an engine of one. A G35 would also get you more bragging rights. Also, he can't really like the looks of an IS300 if he can't choose between it and a Civic or RSX. A G35 is killing those cars in looks and performance....and killing the IS300 in price.

"What, why are you entertaining this? It isn't real."
-Seriox

posted by  -What-

Beauty is in the beholders eye, 'what'. Even you should know that.

posted by  Godlaus

Im gettin a is300 i decided because civics are bullshit and there both small. so yea im jus askin ppl wat they would do in this situation and wat i sured do

posted by  MoB YuNGuN

personally i would rather buy the civic or the rsx and tune the shit out of it with the left over money from the is300. to me buying a car and building hp is alot better to brag about then going into a dealership dropping sum cash and walking out. get ur hands dirty man buy a project and have sumthing to be proud of. anyone agree?

posted by  CivicSi

., :thumbs:

posted by  CarEXPERT

i like how we are comparing the RSX Is300 and ....a civic.

okay so RSX and IS300

is will might be more money, it being a lexus and all but its RWD and fun as hell to drive. I like the RSX body better but driving wise, is all the way.

and regardless 5spd

but these are my opinions. no one can really tell you what you want.

posted by  Low Impedance

If your really not sure Net help is not enough.. Youd need to go into Garages and research in your area how much its going to cost. If thats the case go with the RSX

posted by  Osiris

Your Message