350z vs r32

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  350z vs r32

nissan 350z or vw r32??

posted by  hausieb33

oh no not again......

posted by  Inygknok

Two very different cars...the 350Z being the faster of the two...and lighter of the two so you're gonna get a much different drive w/each of them.

Performance nod - 350Z, just better engine, weighes less, and is made to handle
Exterior nod - R32, I really dont like the handles, tailights, headlights on the 350Z
Interior - R32, better interior seats, dash, etc.
Aftermarket - 350Z, ever so slightly...the R32's coming up though
Practicality - R32, you got usable backseats and hatchback room and no idiotic strut bar dividing up your trunk

My choice - even though the 350Z is faster, the R32 is liveable and a better homologation than the 350Z (ie I think it sucks as a successor to the Z32)

posted by  NISSANSPDR

[QUOTE=NISSANSPDR]Performance nod - 350Z, just better engine, weighes less, and is made to handle
QUOTE]

???????????? I think the HPA stage 2 upgrade makes up for anything the 350Z can put out for the mass public.

posted by  Godlaus

I would go with the R32, but I think these two cars are in two different classes.

posted by  StiMan

I was talking about stock vs. stock...I mention the aftermarket later...but yet...there are kits for the 350z that make it have 350-400rwhp...plus it weighs less than the R32...so it'll go faster w/a TT setup than the R32 will

posted by  NISSANSPDR

Show me a simple TT intercooled setup from a 350z that hits 60 in 3.3 and the quarter in 11.7

Greddy does put out a TT setup for the 350, but it's not that fast. It needs a custom job to get moving as quickly as the HPA.

posted by  Godlaus

And how reliable, street-legal, affordable is this HPA setup?

posted by  NISSANSPDR

It's street-legal, costs 35,000, and I don't know about the reliability. But, I'm sure it comes with some form of a warranty.

http://www.hpamotorsports.com/r32.htm

Granted, if you know what you're doing and where to get the parts, you can make the 350Z faster with 35 grand. But the door swings both ways.

I never gave my opinion, did I? Well....I seriously can't pick. They're two finely put together machines. I just can't choose.

posted by  Godlaus

OMG for the 35k...jeez...I thought it was affordable...so we are talking about the R32 price tag around 28-30k...plus 35k...that ends up being around 65k. For that price...you could pick up a SVT Cobra and run circles around it and have money left over for a beater OR just pick up a C6 Vette and not worry about reliability and still have a warranty to cover it all.

I thought the kit was like maybe 10k or so...

posted by  NISSANSPDR

The parts are 5 grand, tops. They overcharge because they're "professionals".

What? A stock SVT cobra or a C6 Z06 beating a HPA R32 in the 1,320? Where'd you get that number from?

posted by  Godlaus

I was saying...you can get a SVT Cobra for around 30-33 and w/the money left over you could putdown around 500rwhp for around 10k and still have money lef for a beater...w/500rwhp you'll be in the 11's also

OR

You could get a C6 Vette that runs 12's and is reliable and will have a full warranty and get decent gas mileage

Didnt say they both beat the HPA Stg. 2 R32...I said for the 65k...look at your options

posted by  NISSANSPDR

Gotcha.

posted by  Godlaus

The R32 is alot better looking and it's more practical for every day use pluss it sounds pretty damn good stock :2cents:

posted by  JDMprelude92

Your Message