lexus gauges in camry

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  lexus gauges in camry

i was just wonderin if anyone here knows if its possible to throw like 1992 lexus es 300 gauges in a camry? any feedback would be helpfull.

posted by  sambones22

while i dont know for a fact i belive so being as lexus and toyata are like the same just try it what have you got to lose

posted by  300hpG

money

posted by  airmanUSN

Why?
it looks the same
and wont increase value of the car.
itl just make it look stupid because if you decide to sell the buyer will get suspicious if he is uninformed
and will think that there are a lot of miles on the car and the guages are rolled back
there are some really stupid people out there
so be careful i dont see a point in it but good luck

posted by  6000LE

whats wrong with these (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-96-TOYOTA-CAMRY-EURO-REVERSE-GLOW-GAUGES _W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33677QQitemZ7993259415QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW)? ??

This is how they look installed on a 92 Camry. I think they're tight!!! :thumbs:

I was gonna do it to my Camry. But then I got my Civic.
:2cents:

posted by  elchango36

my friend got the boost/oil/temp gauge box with the gauge's from an R32 GT-R and put them in his Ford Laser TX-3 Turbo.

looks stupid but works well, lol.

posted by  HyundaGuy

elchango, those are some sweet looking gauges on ebay. Anyone know how complicated it is to install? I gotta find some for my prelude now...

Edit: Not to take this thread off topic, but since its already about gauges...

I found some for my prelude:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-PRELUDE-97-01-98-99-00-AT-EURO-REVERSE -GLOW-GAUGE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43952QQitemZ7992961325QQrdZ1QQsspage nameZWDVW

The only thing is all the ones I found are for auto, I have a stick shift. What is the diff in gauges? Looks the same, the only difference I see is mine says premium fuel only, that one says unleaded.

posted by  Vlad

If it looks tight to you do it. A camry and lexus are basically the same thing ones just american based.

posted by  Spanky2324

Yes I know how to install them. I'll post the link on how to install them later. It's not as hard as you think.

[EDIT] Sorry guys...it looks like the website that was hosting the diy walkthrough (that featured step by step pics) got hacked. I'll search for another one. I think I want to do that to my Civic now, once I get the Si Gauges.

posted by  elchango36

Your Message