Subwoofers

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Subwoofers

I have a Q-Logic 12" Triple Chamber Sub Enclosure and I was wondering if anyone knows it the Audiobahn AW1208T Aluminum Subwoofers fit in the Q-Logic Box?

posted by  jcb_1300

audiobahn? ha! chrome turds.

posted by  ciVicman

Q logic box, aaacckkkkk. First you need to get rid of your box and get something made out of better material (3/4" MDF, subzero and obcon make pretty good pre-fab boxes). Second you need new taste in subwoofers.

For a 3 12" setup in the price range of the AW1208T id get these...

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14075< br />
Or if you want to really pound, I'd recommend running two of these...

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=12447

posted by  thunderbird1100

Im sure they would fit in there. Just give me the dimensions and sizes.

1 question though. Why Audiobahn dude? Those subs are junk, I had some in my Mustang and they fizzled out in 3 months. Sell those, and get yourself some nice Rockford Fosgates.http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/ez2/ModelInfo/ModelInfo.asp?ItemKey =10065584&CategoryDesc=Punch%20P3%20Subwoofers

posted by  FordFromHell351

I actually heard that Audiobahn was one of the better brands and that they were as good if not better then Rockford Fosgate. I myself dont know much about audio equipment but am hoping to learn more by the end of the summer.

posted by  car_crazy89

Audiobahn has a horrible reputation with audio gurus. They call them effectively - Chrome Turds. In which they are, all loudness no clarity. Rockford makes subpar subs as well, the ONLY sub id buy from them is their Power T2 and that's way overpriced and a $350-$400 Adire Brahma would put it to absolute shame.

Like i said, i dont really know anything myself about audio brands and that, i was only going by what i've seen or heard. What are some good quality but cheaper subs, just wondering. Wanting to get estimates soon to find out about a system for the end of the summer at least. I know kinda far but good time to learn from now till then anyway. Thanx.

posted by  car_crazy89

I myself am a Rockford Fosgate guy. Their equipment kicks ass in my opinion. Bose is also extremly good as well as Blaupunkt, JL Audio and Alpine.

yeah, I think bose has to be the best, but they don't make car audio do they?

posted by  Accord_Man

I knew/heard that Rockford Fosgate was good or wasnt bad and i know JL audio and Alpine is good but kind of expensive but i thought Blaupunkt was one of the cheaper, lower quality brands. What about Eclipse? Are they any good.

posted by  car_crazy89

Eclipse is alright, Blaupunkt is actually one of the top of the line brands.

Yeah they make car audio, it came standard in my 1998 Bonneville SSEi straight from the factory.

Yeah, I knew you could get it in new cars, but do they make aftermarket

posted by  Accord_Man

Oh, see well you learn something new all the time. I just havent really heard many things about Blaupunkt. The majority i hear about is Eclipse, Audiobahn, JL audio, Apline, Pioneer, Panasonic, MTX, Infinity and a few others but i have no idea abouit there quailty. As you can tell from my previous posts lol i dont know alot on this topic.

posted by  car_crazy89

Yeah, they do. But its pretty expensive.

Panasonic makes the best bang for your buck Head Units, IMO.

The Pioneer TS-A co-ax speakers are the best bang for yourt buck co-axials, IMO.

Hifonics is by far the best bang for your buck amp maker.

A lot of small companies make excellent subwoofers that really dont cost that much and are much better than what mainstream companies offer. Some to look into are Diamond Audio, Eclipse, Adire Audio, Elemental Designs, Digital Designs, Memphis and Ascendant Audio to name a few.

Rockford Fosgate has gone WAY too mainstream and their stuff is very low quality nowadays and is unreliable at best. also they cost too much now. Alpine is still one of the top notch Head Unit makers. JL Audio makes killer subwoofers but for an overly-killer pricetag. Blaupunkt IS a lower brand that doesnt make high end stuff at all (or really good stuff for that matter). I believe their most expensive component system is like $150...HAH.

Eclipse is one of THE best brands out there period. I havent a better Head Unit maker than them personally. Their top of the line HU (8000 series) has YET to be dethroned as the best HU out there. Their subs are simply amazing too...If you ever get a chance to hear an Eclipse Titanium, you'll never want to hear bass through another subwoofer.

A cool place to check out some videos for subs is www.realmofexcursion.com

Check out the Eclipse Titanium videos, you'll be amazed.

take ur self out to circuit city near you and buy the kicker L5 loaded enclosure and u will out beat everyone u see on the road.

anyone know a fair price to sell my 8100 thunder mtx amp?

posted by  sambones22

Ok, well are Eclipse HU's and Subs a relatively reasonable price or are the over or under priced? I've heard just the regular Eclipse subs and thought it was pretty good, definately better then some i've heard. Do you have to find an actual car audio store to buy certain brands of HU's or Subs or where can you usually find them? Thanx.

posted by  car_crazy89

They are relatively expensive for the good stuff. The Eclipse Aluminums sounbd great too. Some local car audio shops have them, but buying online is usually the way to go.

You wont be beating anything in competition with a Kicker L5...and you'll be replacing the cone on those every 3 months...

$200-$250 max for the 8100.

hey ill tell you this, audiobahn is the shit dawg. that shit is bad ass hell. loud, deep bass, and some huge magnets. i have the aw1205q - 2000watts peak, 180 oz. magnet, 2 inch fat rubber around. it looks nice and thumps tight ass hell. ive havent heard of rockfords but i know someone who has 2 15's rockford hx2. he heard of my audiobahn and said that hx2's are weak ass hell and audiobahn has a better bass quality. hey ill tell you this, go with audiobahn. you wont regret it. :thumbs:

posted by  silvia_star

Audiobahn has the worst reputation for SQ in the business nearly. Even their SQ subs (the Alums) can be beat in SQ by other manufacturers SPL subs. What I also find hilarious with Audiobahn is not only the poor quality and high price tag, but their extreme overratings. The ALUM12 my friend 'had' was ran in a SMALL sealed box and he only gave it 750rms (3/4 of its rated RMS) and the sub fried within 3 weeks. Wasn't satisfied with that so he bought a AW1205 and ran again 3/4 of it's rated power (750rms) and it cracked its cone within 2 months... Not only all of that, but both subs had poor SQ (although the ALUM sounded MUCH better, a $50 Volfenhag DVC sounds better than the ALUM...). All both did was make noise, not pleasing noise either.

Your Message