subaru Sti or mitsubishi EVO better? and why?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  subaru Sti or mitsubishi EVO better? and why?

I think subaru sti is just a better car overall, because its more reliable, better quality, faster, handles better, aerodynamic and better looking. God knows if mitsubishi will be around for a couple more years.

posted by  pureturk

not another one

posted by  Accord_Man

Although some of the stuff you said was wrong...Oh well, im not even going to respond to any of them. This is about the umteenth thread on the Evo vs. STi. It never ends.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Actually the only thing the Subaru has over the EVO is more power. The EVO outhandles the STI hands down in every road test I've ever seen. Your reliability claim is unfounded and wrong, what makes you think it's better quality, go sit in each and tell me they're much different. Perhaps your daddy has an STI and that's all you're basing it on. I personally think the Subaru's are rather weird looking. I like them solely for their drivetrain.

posted by  Bino

The last time I checked, Subaru was near the top of the reliability rateings. (I read this in an Automobile mag, they put Subaru, I think, in the the top 5) Which was above Mitsubishi. Mitsubishi does have severe monetary problems right now in my opinion, I think the Evo is what is really carrying them. I am obviously biased to the STi because my name is StiMan, but I think over all it is a better car in power, 0-60, I think slalom (it beats many amazing cars in this), and I like the styling of it over the Evo.

Really, they are both amazing cars, so it is almost entirely personal preference. That is why many of these threads end in flameing, or just go unresolved. :2cents:

posted by  StiMan

As far as I'm aware, the UK Impreza has a different engine to the US model, but our version has terrible reliability ratings (as far as I can recall anyways). As I said, different engines 'n all that. :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

I also meant Subaru as a company, I didnt mean only the STi. Subaru as a whole has good reliability, as to just the STi, I dont really know, but I havent heard anything bad, so I guess it could just be the European engine.

posted by  StiMan

Personally.. I like different things out of both cars..

IMO the Evo looks better, the STI bonnet scoop I hate. In terms of engines.. I love the boxer engines and hence the STI.

posted by  Osiris

if your looking for a good rally type car, get the ford focus RS, its faster in a str8 line, but the handling can be dangerous at high speeds, or so ive herd :banghead: , ina race it puts the EVO8 and the new WRX to shame! :smoke:

posted by  Richymartin

We don't have those in the US.

posted by  Bino

How is the Focus RS faster than a Evolution VIII? The Evolution VIII reaches 60 in a second and a half less than the RS and comparing power it has an advantage of nearly 60hp and 50tq and the Evo only weighs about 300lbs more. I can see how it would beat a WRX, since it has only about 15hp more but weighs 250lbs more.

posted by  thunderbird1100

IMO the mitsubishi is better. even though sti's interior looks alot more sporty with the speedo and racing pedals but i think the mitsu handles alot better than the sti. All said and done these two cars are very evenly matched except for a few issues. but the part of the ford focus RS being better than the EVO i find hard to believe. :ticking:

posted by  speeder

WRX or the STi? I dont know the specs of the RS beacuse it doesnt come here. Wish it did though...

posted by  StiMan

ill post the spec of the RS and the new fiesta st150 2moro, ill post a review by jeremy clarkson 2.

posted by  Richymartin

its faster.... trust me.

posted by  Richymartin

Faster doesnt mean it is always better.

posted by  StiMan

Ok the spec of the Focus RS vs the Evo 8

Model: Ford Focus RS
Engine: Four cylinder, 2-litre turbo
Gearbox: 5-speed manual
Power: 212bhp @ 5,500rpm
Torque: 310Nm @ 3,500rpm
Top speed: 144mph, 0-60mph 6.4sec
Fuel consumption: 28mpg (combined cycle)
CO2: 237g/km
Price: £19,995

Model: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR FQ-340
Engine type: Four-cylinder, 1997cc
Power: 345bhp @ 6750rpm
Torque: 320 lb ft @ 4985rpm
Transmission: Six-speed manual, four-wheel drive
Tyres: 235/45 ZR17
Fuel: 21mpg (estimated)
CO2: 334g/km
Acceleration: 0-62mph: 4.4sec
Top speed: 157mph
Price: £32,999

i made a mistake in the previous posts... its faster round a rally track, not in a staight line.... my bad. :oops:

but... thers a new kid on the block.
http://1.im.cz/n/photo/01/82/48seeoy-topsirka.jpg

posted by  Richymartin

Oh! Man! The Evo ripped it a new one on the 0-60. Jeez.

posted by  StiMan

Ford have brought out a new version of "hot hatchs", the fiesta RS and the Fiesta ST150, i havent got much information about these.
But i do know that the Fiesta RS has been tipped to win the WRC. So it looks like its got something special under the georgeous exterior :wink2:

"We aren't going to finalise technical specifications until we hear the feedback from potential customers," said Ford TeamRS director, Jost Capito. "But, we're fully aware of the performance expectations for this type of vehicle and what our RS customers expect. As we look to fine-tune the concept we'll make sure we don't disappoint them.

"Our idea for a Fiesta RS came from the positive reaction to the Fiesta-based Ford RallyeConcept that was first seen in 2002," said Capito. "We decided that this car could be the basis for three fast Fiestas, and this became our first major project. The links between the original RallyeConcept, the new Junior World Rally Car, the Fiesta ST and the Fiesta RS concept are unmistakable – and they’re not just skin deep."

(http://www.carpages.co.uk/ford/ford_fiesta_rs_concept_part_1_07_03_04.asp? switched=on&echo=540774379 )

RS
http://www.newcarbrokers.co.uk/fiesta_RS.jpg
ST150
http://news.auto.cz/img/art/635_41074c47d995f.jpg

posted by  Richymartin

no doubt!! EVO

posted by  newuser03

The EVO has a more aggressive front...reliability comparing the companies, of course Subaru is better than Mitsubitshi...but I dont know about the reliability between the EVO MR and the STI. Aerodynamic? I dont think any of these cars are aerodynamic since both of them are just family sedan without their turbos(IMO). I would choose an EVO just because of its front. Both have ugly backs. I havent tried it yet, but i heard that its kinda awkward to shift gears in a STI because your elbow might hit something when you try to pull the stick backwards into the 2nd and 4th gear...etc

posted by  nissanTFsx

Your Message