I got $50,000 dollars and want a new car!

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  I got $50,000 dollars and want a new car!

Hey guys, its actually my dad who wants a new car. But he wants a japanese car for sure that is under 50K. Just wondering what you guys think is the best jap car under 50k. My dad has owned a couple eclipses and miatas and other japanese cars and was very happy with them (we are japanese, so we gotta support our country). He wants the fastest/quickest japanese car, but we dont know what it is. So what do you car guru's think he should get?

Thanks, Lata

Anohaakten

posted by  Anohaakten

My favorite Japenese car is the Subaru Impreza WRX STi. Probably not the fastest one out there by no means, but I believe it's sufficient :laughing:

Check it out:http://www.subaru.com/shop/overview.jsp?model=IMPREZA&trim=WRX_STI_SEDA N

posted by  SubaruCorsi

The QUICKEST stock Japanese Sports car is probably the Mitsubish Evolution IX. Hitting 60 in 4.4 is nothing to laugh at.
http://www.mitsubishi-club.net/images/news/evo9.jpg
It's probably won't be at dealers for another 6 months, and it'll cost around 35 grand after all the goodies.

Also, Don't be fooled that by buying a japanese car, all of the profit will go to the homeland, it's a very complicated system, and not all of it goes to the japanese government.

Other quick cars to look at;

Toyota Supra
Mitsubish 3000GT
Subaru STi
Honda S2000
Acura NSX
Mazda RX-7/8
Nissan 350Z

It all depends on what you guys want, but if it were me with 50 grand, I would buy a 3000GT, and go about the usual mods for a 11 second car. But, if it's a family car you want, then I suggest the Sti, as it's the most practical.

posted by  Godlaus

You'd buy a 3000 GT? Ha...ha...

I'd buy a new G35 sport coupe. It's not as quick as the Sti or Evo, but it's a whole lot prettier....and mature.

posted by  -What-

I would go with the STi. It does 0-60 in 4.5 secs (someone talked about the Evo IX, when it comes out a new STi will arrive soon after, hopefully to beat it.) and is certainly, in my opinion, more of a comfortable car. It is certainly a family oriented sports car if that is possible. Check it out.
After that I would go with the new IS 350, G35, 350Z, or Acura TL. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Yeah, I'd go with the 3000gt. I like the sound of twin turbos, and the 3000 has tuning opportunities, and a hella lot cheaper than a G35.

G35 does look great, especially in silver or blue. The spoiler really fits it well.

posted by  Godlaus

Mature? Oh please.

Its a nice car, but just because it has an Infiniti badge, doesn't make it more mature....that's a weird word for a car anyways.... :screwy:

posted by  SubaruCorsi

Alright guys, so here I am again. Now I am wondering what is better. I want something that is fairly new. I want something at is newer than 2002 for sure. So that is why I am taking the 350z and Evo into consideration. Which do you guys think is the faster car (0-60 time) ?

Thanks again guys,

Anohaakten

posted by  Anohaakten

Not sure about the 0-60 times, but do you want to be able to fit a lot of people in it? Then I'd say Evo, because right now I drive a Lancer (not evolution tho), and its very roomy and seats 5 people comfortably. The 350z is a 2 door, so if you want to drive the whole family around, then the Evo would be better.

posted by  Vlad

There was a thread on 350Z vs Evo.
http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=11455
Almost everbody went with the Evo. It's faster, roomier, AWD, etc
0-60m? 350Z dose in mid 5 sec, the Evo VIII in 4.8 (Road and Track)

Does your dad really want the fastest car? or is it that you want him to buy one...

posted by  ed_7702

if i was you, i'd get a rx7 twinturbo. one of the quickest and the best handling car. its fast for 1/4 miles, can drift, and accelerates quick. just upgrade the turbos to t88 turbos then you'll be quick like those lamborghini's and ferrari's. :thumbs:

posted by  silvia_star

If he had to get a brand new car today...I'd say the Evo MR VIII...in a couple years the Evo MR IX

Stateside new...we dont get many more faster than that...used there's plenty to explore like the Supra's, VR4's, 300ZX TT's, RX7's

posted by  NISSANSPDR

Whats wrong with a 2005 STi? Oh well. The Evo is faster in 0-60, and is the more family-oriented car.

posted by  StiMan

Mmm supra :smoke:

posted by  C c C

If I had that money to buy a car worth 50 g's I would feel like a giddie little school girl. :banana: I smell a nice twin turbo supra or an R34 skyline if u could find one. :hi:

posted by  99integra

NOOO I would buy a civic with 5 thou and use the rest for NOS.

posted by  CarEXPERT

R34's dont really go for around that price...R33's do though...

posted by  NISSANSPDR

Why in gods name would you want to buy the slowest p.o.s you can think of and only put nitrous in it when you could buy a car that will always be faster than your dumb little Civic. :banghead:

posted by  99integra

What do R33's go for?

posted by  99integra

Because CarEXPERT is a dumbass and knows that saying that will just piss us all off. I think he posts that solely for that purpose.

posted by  StiMan

One, the fastest/quickest japanese cars will be over $50k, or they will be used.

Two, ANY used car bought does NOT "support" the manufacturer or country, only the person you bought it from. You're not supporting Japanese workers or executives by buying used.

ANY fast car you build up supports the parts manufacturer and reseller, and often those are Americans anymore.

You really want to support your country? Move back to it. You wear Japanese clothes? Live in a Japanese house? Patriotism is all well and good, but it's a dumb reason to buy (or not buy) a car.

posted by  ChrisV

I should have learned that by now since I have seen a lot of his posts over the forum that have retarded answers. :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Lol, ya. His profile used to be all this crap about how he lived in "NOSTOWN!" and stuff like that.

posted by  StiMan

dude why buy nos when you could buy a body kit for a couplle g's
then use the rest for nos

posted by  google.com

Jesus you have got to be kidding me :doh:

posted by  99integra

Ahh.... ricers. :banghead:

posted by  StiMan

ahhhhh......spend 45 thousand dollars on nos?!?!?!? WOW!!!

posted by  ciVicman

Please tell me u don't agree with carexpert :screwy: :doh:

posted by  99integra

http://www.turbovisions.wizaweb.com/page/page/1862037.htm

And YES when all said and done they sell them with a title.

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

Of course he agrees, im a carEXPERT!

posted by  CarEXPERT

yeah okedokey there :screwy:

posted by  99integra

I'd say a G35, Evo, or STi.

posted by  ThirdeYe

Lol. :mrgreen:

posted by  StiMan

Thats almost enough to make anyone blow milk through their nose :laughing:. I'm just kidding.

posted by  car_crazy89

Shut up, he definitely doesn't agree with you.

posted by  Accord_Man

He should get a...

240SX - KA24DE + SR20DET = cheapest way to get performance! :laughing:

spend a little more on paint job, turbo manifold, suspension...well, thats only my opinion.

posted by  nissanTFsx

I agree Buy a 3000gt VR4 TURBO there ****ing fast and the'll go 190 stock if you buy a REAL one not a look alike. a couple mods coulds get you to 200 and runnin 11's EASY for just prob 1 grand cuz they already run 12's

posted by  83transam

CIVICS ARE SHIT AND CRX'S ALSO id rather supe up my push mower and ride it like a hellicopter than drive that shit.

zing zing hear my power

VVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

posted by  83transam

what about a twin turbo 300zx

posted by  shawn332006

Subaru Impreza WRX STi sounds good to me

posted by  Boondock Saint

i thinck u can find a cheap nissan skyline

posted by  google.com

There is no such thing as a cheap Skyline

posted by  99integra

Personally, I'd get a Shelby GT500, but since you want an import id go with G35 coupe.

posted by  Oomba

Well he also only has $50,000 to spend. You'd never find a GT500 for that price, unless you know of one and are holding out. :laughing:

posted by  car_crazy89

I like this car...i set out to buy one for the twin turbos...but some others that got my intrest are:
Acura RSx- I have this car
Supra- if you could find a good newer one
Sti
Integra Type R- japenese right side drive is the shit,buddy has one
Evo-Turbo style

posted by  rsxdude

Lol, thats definately true. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Your Message