KKK turbo

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  KKK turbo

i own a 1989 240 and was wondering about putting an audi KKK turbo on it, but i read sumwhere that they have different flanges than most others and was wondering how this would change installment any if i were to jerry-rig the turbo?

posted by  240SXSR20DET

a racist turbo?

sorry, had to. the turbos are kinda smallish. really wont be a good choice fo your application. the turbo from the later porcshe 944 turbos would be better (plus you can steal the hi quality IC they came with too.) and there are not a bad price.

posted by  Low Impedance

what about the TEO4h mitsubishi turbos? how quickly do they spool up and how much power could they put out?

posted by  240SXSR20DET

Well, if you're putting a turbo on a 2.4L motor, size the turbo to that displacement. All of your turbo theories are very undersized. I would recommend a Mitsu 16G at least. Realistically with that amount of displacement spooling the turbo, you could easily run a Garrett GT30 series turbo and have a very driveable car. If you're looking for boost at 1500rpm, go with a 16G, if you're willing to wait a little longer for spool (many boosted cars don't spool until 2000-3000rpm) then go with a bigger turbo. I could probably give more recommendations, but I don't know exactly what you're looking for.

And yeah, I was looking at putting the Audi turbo on my 1.2L Honda but decided the turbo was too small...

posted by  Bino

Your Message