accord swap with F22B and V-tec?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  accord swap with F22B and V-tec?

I was reading in import tuner about a guy who did a swap with a F22B, and i started to think its have twin cam, could i just put an H22 head on there and make it so it have V-tec or what would I have to do to. The transplant if possible with the V-tec and all would go in to a 1992 accord Ex 4 door. if you have ideas if this is possible please write back or email me at fallsalot1@aol.com.
thank you for your help.

posted by  Flirtyboy04

Just do a h22a swap, half the price and more options for tunability. Only people who do F20B and F22B swaps are JDM nuts.

posted by  thunderbird1100

I was just looking on ebay and found a F22b for 450 with the tranny, also on ebay i saw a h22 head for 150. A full on H22 swap will cost 2000.00. I just wanted to know if that type of swap I said was possible and what prices I was going to be looking at.

posted by  Flirtyboy04

The F22B for $450 must be a shitty SOHC VTEC USDM ~140hp-145hp version. A JDM F20B is DOHC VTEC (200hp) and costs about a grand to a grand and a half more than a h22a does. Again, Just go for a h22a swap, most parts available and the most tunable.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Your Message