Suggestions for first car

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Suggestions for first car

I'm turning 16 very soon, and am looking to buy my first car. I have at most $20,000 to buy this car. However, it definitely does not need to be new. I want an asian car that will be somewhat fast with a few performance parts. But I want a relatively new car, especially one that looks new. I'm not into the 300zx, crx type of cars. They just look kind of old and out of date to me. These are the few that I'm thinking about right now:

Acura RSX-S
year 2000 and up prelude or civic
1998 porsche boxter (not asian, i know)
2000 mitsubishi eclipse

Please offer some other cars that would be great as first cars. Hopefully they'll be easy to mod and will perform well.

BTW, is there anywhere online that sells already modded import cars?

Thanks for all help :thumbs:

posted by  ChiXu89

ok...out of that list I would go with the RSX...awesome car...but if you changed that 2000 Eclipse into a 1997 Eclipse..you'd have a winner :mrgreen:

Good luck with the car shopping!

posted by  Ghost

You could find a nice 2000 integra type-r or if your not into premium gas get a 2000 integra GSR. RSX-S is a winner but I think a Porshe would have to many expensive repair bills :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

Hot damn, how did you get that much money for a first car?! But i'd go with the RSX :) Sporty, fast, and reliable.

posted by  ThirdeYe

Preludes and RSXs are great for modding
'00 Eclipse is stylish but not that fast or best for moding.
Porshe Boxter? Those are way overpriced...the '98 Boxter only had like 200hp and costs over 40K...also they aren't the kind of cars for your age
I would also consider a '02-04' Subaru WRX or '02-'05 Nissan Sentra SE-R SpecV, They both are fast stock and easy to mod.

posted by  ed_7702

well the '98 boxster is around $19k, and black with red leather is way too sexy.
But screw the porsche
I'm really thinking about the RSX-S. It's possible to get one for around 17-20k right?
I am also very new to this car modding thing. My dad says the only way you can truly increase performance is by completely changing the engine...but I've seen tons of "performance parts" that make your car faster.
Any suggestions for sites that sell these parts, or a site that has information about car modding?
Thanks very much :mrgreen:

posted by  ChiXu89

man if i had 20g's, i'd get a 97 or 98 nissan 240sx and swap a sr20det motor. it'll be quick and it looks nice stock.

posted by  silvia_star

If you lack good taste you could down this route (http://forums.fastfours.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=93486)

posted by  Wally

20k right now to me...means I'd get a late 90's M3 coupe or sedan

posted by  NISSANSPDR

That would be nice :smoke:

posted by  99integra

i would choose a 1995 eclipse spyder

posted by  google.com

I would probably go with the RSX just because its an Acura and my parents have always driven Acuras. But the porsche is a beauty, but i've always been a sucker for a porsche.

posted by  5speedIntegra

Your Message