Need some opinions

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Need some opinions

I want some opinions on what to do with my 91 Eclipse. I am debating between either buying an aftermarket turbo for it, or pulling the old DSM 4G63 Non-Turbo in swap for a JDM 4G63 Turbo. What do you think would be the better choice?

posted by  eclipserider40

I always believe that if possible, it's better to start with a motor that's turboed from the factory. In these cases, the pistons are usually somewhat forged, etc. The internals are usually better suited for the power forced induction brings. I'd definitely go with the turbo motor, although honestly, you can be successful with either. Just remember that with FWD, more power means more wheel spin (obviously the same as RWD. But with torque steer).

-Josh

posted by  spirited driver

Pistons that are "somewhat forged"? 8O What exactly does that mean?

posted by  vwhobo

Maybe not seasoned properly and taken off the grill to early. Just a guess :rolleyes:

posted by  lectroid

Non forged, semi forged, forged. Every motor uses a different kind. I don't know what's in a Mistu turbo motor. Nor do I care to find out. Saying they're usually somewhat forged reiterates the fact that while I'm not what's in that specific motor, I'm sure they're probably fully or semi forged. Tools.

-Josh

Oh, okay. It sounds to me like someone who has no idea what a forged piston is, they just know it's supposed to be good. Got it. :rolleyes:

posted by  vwhobo

I think your best option would be to install the turbo engine. That is assuming you can put your hands on a complete, low mileage unit including the ECM. This saves you from sciencing out powertrain management compatability issues and will probably be much cheaper in the long run.

That being said, i think you should also look at a transaxle swap at the same time. If I'm not mistaked the turbo trans is geared slightly different to take advantage of the turbo engine's powerband.

posted by  vwhobo

Jesus Christ hobo. Whatever your major beef with spirited driver is, please just get it out in the open, and stop wasting post space for your pointless arguments.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

Jesus Christ hobo. Whatever your major beef with spirited driver is, please just get it out in the open, and stop wasting post space for your pointless arguments.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

Good lord, hobo. Whatever your major beef with spirited driver is, please just get it out in the open, and stop wasting post space for your pointless arguments.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

Hey zippy, you don't need to post it three times. You need to read the forums a little closer, he's the one who started with me. If he wants to say stupid things that's fine. If he doesn't like it when he gets called on it that's tough.

By the way, why are you typing this instead of him. Talk about people giving hand jobs. You go boy. :rolleyes:

posted by  vwhobo

Your just an obsessive-compulsive dick who spends way too much time correcting people on every little thing they do, whether it be small typos or misreading a post. It wouldn't be so bad if you weren't an ass when you did these things. I posted it three times because when i clicked submit it said the page could not be displayed, so I tried again. Same thing. I have never had this happen to me before so I didn't think it posted. Then I retyped it and posted again. I also do not fly in the direction of giving hand jobs. I typed it because it's getting extremely annoying. All of the topics that he has posted on have included you raggin' on him for something. Just say what your problem with him is and stop wasting space. (I will too, lol). I saw only one where you sided with him. The Evo topic where you were telling the Australian kid that the STi in America has a 2.5 ltr engine.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

:D :D :D Ass off again.............My Mountain Dew is 180 proof :D

posted by  lectroid

Yo zippy, let's look at this thread for example. He made a statement which made no sense to me, so I asked him to clarify himself. He then began his tap dance, effectively saying "I don't have a clue, work with it". Then I stated my opinion on what he said.

Let's cover some things that have been established previously on this forum.
1. Everyone has a right to type whatever they want. That does not however mean what they say has to be taken seriously.
2. If you're going to speak out on a topic, you should have some knowledge of that topic.
3. If you're not man enough to stand up for yourself, have your bitch do it for you. Nothing personal.

Have a great day.

posted by  vwhobo

I just don't understand you man. What tap dance was this? What I saw is his answer to your question. It was simple, it had no remarks towards you, and yet you still feel the need to make all the other people in this forum, who don't know much about cars, think he doesn't know what he's talking about. They would think this because they would say, "Wow vwhobo has a lot of posts, he must know stuff." Then they go and believe everything you say. Now don't get me wrong, your knowledge of cars is very extensive, so on that subject they should listen to you. However, when it comes to knowing if other people know stuff about cars, you can't judge them very well. And please, next time, try to use more than one insult if you really want to hurt my feelings. :thumbs:

posted by  Heat_Seeker

:popcorn: Anybody want any
mmmm buttery goodness 8)

posted by  vanyaviper

Read what he wrote and you'll see what I mean by tap dancing. If you have any knowledge of the subject you'll understand exactly what I mean.

I don't want to insult you, I don't even want to correspond with you, but... You've taken it upon yourself to become involved in this situation so I see that you have two choices. Shut up or deal with it.

posted by  vwhobo

so, by that logic, all the people who don't know much about cars should listen to this guy, and go off with wrong information?

so, since his knowlege of automotives is extensive, when he hears information that he knows to be dubious at best, he isn't supposed to say anything because he doesn't know if the other person really knows what they're talking about?
then why does he know what he does? why does he have his knowlege? if what you are saying is true, when someone comes into his shop and says that their muffler bearings need replacing, and their blinker fluid needs changing, he is supposed to say "Sure! I'll change it all for you because you know more than me!"
yeah, sure :rolleyes:

posted by  asa67_stang

Atta boy :thumbs:

posted by  lectroid

Thank you for your support. As a matter of fact we're having the "winter muffler bearing and blinker fluid tune-up special" this week, only $29.95. Some cars may be higher.

While it's off the topic, this is a common thing in an automotive repair shop. Far too many customers come in and direct us to "change this part because my friend/uncle/brother/father/mailman said it will fix my problem". Those people, in my shops, are shown the nearest exit.

posted by  vwhobo

think i can get my truck in there and beat the rush? :D

i'm semi-guilty about that as well, what i'll do is go in and tell them what the car is doing, what i've done, and what i think it is, and why i think it's that, then i'll ask them what they think, had a good record with that, but most mechanics i've dealt with don't like to talk shop for some reason
maybe they just don't like to talk to me? :D

posted by  asa67_stang

You're a completely different animal than what I'm referring to. I LOVE a customer who is interested and informed about the workings of their car. If you're running a straight, honest shop they're the easiest and best customers to get along with. The rip-off places don't like them because they're hard to tap dance around and hard to over charge or perform unnecessary work.

Let me give you a quick example that just happened this weekend. A friend of my kid wanted him to install a coil pack on his car. He knew it was bad because his uncle told him it was, they even already had the part. Job complete but the car still runs the same. Now my kid is accused of not doing the job right and they want their money back. Quick call to me, I go look at the car and guess what. The reason it ran the same was two injector plugs had come off. It runs so much better now. Now they want their money back because it didn't need the coil pack AND they want the old one put back on. Those are the pimples on the ass of the automotive repair business.

posted by  vwhobo

so, uninstall it, reinstall the old one, charge them for that labor, and for the research into the problem (you walking over and looking under the hood), and the solving of the problem, and charge them a storage fee for their old coil pack

:D
that would be nice, but there's probably some law that says that you can't do that, am i right?

posted by  asa67_stang

There's something more valuable for my 19 year old than the $30 he has in his pocket. It's the experience he gained from dealing with people like that. At least he was smart enough to get paid up front.

posted by  vwhobo

very true
"knowlege" is what most people seem to have, and can quote theory all day, but it's annoying to talk to them and then find out that they've never touched an engine (transmission/piece of equipment/computer/woman/whatever) in their life
it just shoves all of the past three hours of what you've talked to them about on the back-burner till you can find out if this is true, or if this *insert whatever here* is an exception to the rule

posted by  asa67_stang

As bad as I hate typing, opposites apply. In the 90's I owned a 91 Cadillac Eldo. Problem=if car sat very long 6-8 hours, battery was dead. Took it to Caddy dealer, explained problem, no other problems with car.Next day, come get your car,replaced battery pay bill and thanks. Next morning, battery dead, back to dealer. Next day, come get your car,replaced alt, paid bill,thanks. Next morning,battery dead. Back to dealer, I am now pissed! Next day,come get your car, replaced starter, just paid bill. Go to start my car and the battery is dead,I'm now out of my mind. Go back to the service mgr " put mt fu*** sh** back on my car and give me my fu***** money back. Argument,words,#*#*#*#*. We can't do that, " I'LL BE G** DA**. Conversation with owner=settled. I paid for nothing and got a free battery. Took car to another caddy dealer 40 miles away. Next day, come get your car, replaced a shorted load leveling sensor,paid bill, almost didn't say thanks, problem,corrected. What a Bitch. Whew!

posted by  lectroid

I don't know that I would consider that to be an opposite but I understand you're dilemma. From your post it doesn't seem that you told them what to fix, only described what was wrong. They shit it up from there.

A customer has every right to be satisfied with his repair. After all that's what you're paying your hard earned money for. My point was if you tell me what part to replace, then it doesn't fix your problem, the monkey is now on your back.

posted by  vwhobo

My point was if you tell me what part to replace, then it doesn't fix your problem, the monkey is now on your back.

Exactly why I took it to an ASE cert mechanic, which the dealer advertised, all mechs, ase certf. I could have done the roulette thing myself, but would have never found a fix.

posted by  lectroid

When all we forum members have to judge you on is your posts...it makes it quite easy to judge on the ignorant ramblings of the many. When this becomes a live video chat...then we'll have a bit more to go on. Until then...as vwhobo says, "Think before you type and hit submit." or something to that effect.

posted by  BavarianWheels

Hardy har. Thanks buddy. Your just making my point for me. You're all going with what hobo says. Thought about this post.... and submit.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

Did it ever occur to you that the reason they're agreeing with me is because I'm correct. You and I have agreed in other threads but your motive was never questioned. Is it just possible that in this case you're incorrect? Why do you insist in pursuing this? If you'll notice we had a nice little discussion about cars while you were gone and that's the reason I'm here, cars. :rolleyes:

posted by  vwhobo

Ahhhhhh... Hobo works in an auto shop! That explains everything. I worked in a shop for a few years. And people like hobo are who I had to deal with for that time. I always wondered what it'd be like if any of those fucktards got their hands on a computer, let alone an auto forum. Now I know. :rolleyes:

-Josh

wow, i thought you were just ignorant
now i know that you graduated to Un-Educated Ass long ago
good job! and i'm sorry i had you labeled as high as i did

posted by  asa67_stang

Sorry to take myself out of this argument for a sec, but I would like to see how educated stang is over here mouthin off. The only way you can pull this off is if you prove to me that you have been more educated on the subject. So.... let's see it.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

ok, you're calling me on something, but i don't know what exactly

what do you want me to do, jump through a hoop obviously, but which one?

posted by  asa67_stang

:popcorn:

:popcorn:

looks like a double rumble tonight! :D

posted by  SuperJew

Let's start with the basics. In a few sentence summary, explain to me how an engine works.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

Yeah, I think you might have worked for me at one time. I knew sweeping the floor and cleaning the toilet was well above you're level of competence but I thought I'd give you a shot. Sorry it didn't work out. I hope your carrer at McDonalds is working out, I heard you got promoted to head McNugget maker. Another year or so they might let you flip the burgers.

posted by  vwhobo

In a few sentences? Your brain must have an ice cream freeze, you can't be serious. How about you try to summarize in a few sentences :rolleyes:

posted by  lectroid

He doesn't know enough about an internal combustion engine to know if asa is giving good info or not. This is nothing more than some sort of game. I personally wonder why they keep on about how I'm such an ass, but they do nothing except shit talk. I mean have they said anything to make this a better place? Nope!

So Heat Seeker, why don't you have your old buddy Spirited Driver explain his semi-forged pistons to us all. I'm still waiting, and that would certainly give him a chance to display his vast intellect.

By the way. Am I the only one who's noticed the homosexual connotation in their names?

posted by  vwhobo

is that all? jesus, that's simple (i'm going with a 4-stroke here)
Suck
Squeeze
Boom
Blow

how's that? helpful enough?
holy jeebus, i thought this might actually be something where i'd have to do some research or something, but that was fun, thanks

bu-bye mr. troll

posted by  asa67_stang

Dude, you said blow.
http://www.dcs.elf.stuba.sk/~lalis/images/cornholi.gif
Actually that kinda sounds like their agenda for a big Friday night.

posted by  vwhobo

dude, you quoted me saying blow
heh heh heh heh....

so now it is my turn
explain the basic principle of forced induction (that should be an easy one) and what the different methods of acheiving it are

posted by  asa67_stang

It's called RAPE :rolleyes:

posted by  lectroid

This is gonna be some kinda fun. I'm gonna learn all about cars here. :popcorn:

posted by  vwhobo

i have a feeling we'll all learn something, what we'll learn, i have no clue

posted by  asa67_stang

Well hobo I guess you haven't read my post to you in the General Chat forum. You should read that and then see if you can say anything different to me.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

And by the way, me seeing if someone knows about cars has nothing to do with what I know. I am in the process of looking it up. I have heard of forced induction, but I can't quite remember what it is. If you still want me to answer that question then I will be glad to.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

Sorry about the triple post, but I am going to answer this question because I found it so easily. Forced induction is the compression of more air into a cylinder via a turbocharger or supercharger. Please keep asking questions because I love learning stuff (sorry if I sound sarcastic, but I'm not).

posted by  Heat_Seeker

if you want to learn, just go to www.howstuffworks.com they will have anything, and everything you'll want to know

the above doesn't jive with the below to me

i'm all for people changing how they are seen by others, but i don't think you quite have the hang of it yet
but you did just decide to do it, so i'll reserve judgement till a later date

posted by  asa67_stang

Sounds good. Howstuffworks.com is exactly where im learning my stuff. Right now im at the top of the list with ABS.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

and car terms that correspond with gay sex terms! :rolleyes:

posted by  SuperJew

Speaking of that vwhobo, if you must know, I got my name from the AC/DC song Heatseeker. Nothing gay goin on now is there?

posted by  Heat_Seeker

Talk about a 180..Cool..... :o My Mountain Dew is still 180> proof :D

posted by  lectroid

Heheh, homosexual connotation...? Talk to your long lost friend, Websters.

tr.v. spir·it·ed, spir·it·ing, spir·its
To impart courage, animation, or determination to; inspirit.

Course, I guess when you're a fucking grease monkey, you don't have to know common English. Just how to bitch about customers, and invariably, everyone else who doesn't agree with your bullshit. :)

-Josh

Speaking of that vwhobo, if you must know, I got my name from the AC/DC song Heatseeker. Nothing gay goin on now is there?[/quote]

Dude, your Mom and Dad must be pretty damn cool to hang a handle like that on you :!:

posted by  lectroid

Dude, your Mom and Dad must be pretty damn cool to hang a handle like that on you :!:[/quote]

I don't really understand what you mean by that. Please explain.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

I don't really understand what you mean by that. Please explain.[/quote]

A (handle) is a name,nick-name or what someone calls you out of affection and sometimes just for spite or hate/// latter two,your M&D probably didn't consider. I could look it up, but this is pretty close. It was not a flame.

posted by  lectroid

Well my mom and dad have never called me Heatseeker out of affection. If you must know the story, I went to Las Vegas over the summer and my dad bought an AC/DC live CD. On the drive home, we listened to it and I thought Heatseeker was one of the coolest songs I have ever heard. I used this name for AIM accounts too, but I haven't used it since this forum.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

OK, your Dad is still cool, listening to AC/DC. Wish some of the other kids/young adults, would backtrack to some good ole rock.... and some roll 8)

posted by  lectroid

Now I realize it wasn't that harsh of a comment, but you don't even know my parents and it's just downright wrong to comment on someone elses' parents.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

I'm a Parent, I'm a Grandparent and I give UP :rolleyes:

posted by  lectroid

Well then don't you have kids to take care of? Oh and BTW, something that has really been bugging me about this forum, I have not read a single thread where it doesn't end up with two or more people going completely off the topic and bitch at each other. I have done this too, but not nearly as much as others I have read.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

Hmmm, we've got one who's trying to be one of the guys and one who's still a dildo.

Well Heat seeker, I for one am all about letting bygone be bygones and getting along as you also seem to be. So let's call this square one and go on with life.

Now for Spirited Dildo. You just don't get it, and never will. People like you think you can work in a garage and be a "grease monkey", and in some cases you may. But in the real world I can assure you that todays automotive techs are as highly trained and educated as most doctors.

So we're still waiting for your explanation of "semi-forged pistons". Someone with your vast automotive knowledge shouldn't have any trouble telling us all about that type of construction. And please don't hold back on the big words or tap dance, I want to see a real answer from you finally.

posted by  vwhobo

Buddy,Buddy,Buddy, if you haven't noticed, this site is divided into many different forums, yes, it's a car forum, but it is also so diverse that one forum will bleed over into another. We, I should say, most of us, want to have fun, making digs, taking pot shots or just yanking on someones ethnicity. I'm sorry about your parents........... HARSH MY ASS !!!!! IT WAS A FREEKING COMPLIMENT 8O Kids? Yes I take care of my Grandkids quite often,, to often, but that is still part of parenting. Once again, sorry about your parents :?

posted by  lectroid

Well I thank you for apologizing. Now to your so called "compliment". You said that my parents must be pretty cool to hang a handle like that on me. Now that sounds like insulting sarcasm to me, and that's how I took it. Then you said my dad was still cool, completely disregarding my mom. Now I may be getting too much into this, but anyway I'm dropping this argument and forgetting it because it is quite pointless.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

I have never done this before, but I have two words for you. The last one is YOU, guess what the first one IS. I give, done , going outside to find a rope to piss up. WHAT A F@*#*@* WAIST OF TIME :oops: :oops: :oops OH, there was no apology in that post. Son, get a grip!!!!

posted by  lectroid

Well then, I was being nice even, but if you sayin f*ck you to me makes you feel like a big man then you know what, go ahead and say it. I do not care. I was willing to drop this whole thing, but you had to go and act tough and say stupid stuff like that to a kid. I'm sorry man, but if that is how you act towards kids then you really need to rethink spending so much time with your grandkids.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

Okay, hold it right there. Playing the age card just isn't going to cut it. In the old days, before the internet, you wouldn't be anywhere near this conversation. Adults don't really care to have 15 year old (my guess) kids hanging aroung telling them everything they think they know. If you want pass yourself off as a man, you need to take it like a man.

posted by  vwhobo

My kids and Grandkids are not idiots,and how would I know if you were 6 or sixty? Go back to watching Scooby Doo. Nick Jr has a good web site, games,puzzles,coloring..................................................... .....................

posted by  lectroid

Thank you, hobo, I knew you wouldn't dissapoint me ;) Now that you've dropped your high and mighty ass down a few levels, would you care to enlighten me with the reason for all your talk about homosexuals and dildos? Am I missing something here? How again is spirited driver related to being gay? Anyway, the real funny thing is your doctor comment. Heh, I work in the medical field (I just quit McDonald's- they wouldn't let me flip burgers...) and let me tell you, if you think you have anywhere near the knowledge of a doctor, you, my friend, have just own3d yourself. Sorry kids, no explanation needed...

And sombody tell the Triumph engine builders that they don't know shit, vwhobo's all over it! http://net33.com/triumph/t595.htm

Engine
The engine is entirely new, designed at Triumph and with a collaboration from Lotus Engineering to determine the optimum port and combustion chamber shapes. Compared with the original Daytona 900, valve mass has been reduced to facilitate higher revs, despite the 20% increase in opening area. The cam profiles are new and the exhaust back pressure is reduced due to the free flowing 3 into 1 system with its active silencer.

The rev ceiling has been boosted to 10,700rpm but reliability is maintained due to the stronger semi-forged pistons, which feature rings with 20% reduced width to improve high rev control and reduce friction.

-Josh

http://www.renntechmercedes.com/splash/cars/clk/clkgtx.html

The power plant is an all-aluminum 7.4 liter V-12 with four valves per cylinder including ported and polished cylinder heads, forged titanium connecting rods, semi-forged composite Kolbenschmidt pistons, specially-ground performance camshafts, redesigned intake and exhaust systems, upgraded cooling system and custom engine-management software.

Oh wait, the Renntech CLK doesn't have semi-forged pistons- because the hobo said so!!

-Josh

Yeah, you got me but you said "somewhat forged". At any rate you didn't explain it, you only found the words on a web site. That is NOT an explanation, it's still tap dancing. You still lose.

And you're dead right. Doctors have two models to work on and they haven't changed in a million years. I deal with brand new changing technology everyday. They have it so much harder.

posted by  vwhobo

Read closely, somewhat forged, it's in your post.

posted by  vwhobo

HUMMMMM, anyone else noticed ? I do believe SPIRITED DRIVER IS HEAT_SEEKERS DADDY or girlfriend :twisted:

posted by  lectroid

Somewhat, semi, you wanna pick apart words?? Then again--

Now that you've dropped your high and mighty ass down a few levels, would you care to enlighten me with the reason for all your talk about homosexuals and dildos? Am I missing something here? How again is spirited driver related to being gay?

-Josh

I'm not picking words apart, I'm asking you to explain yourself as I have for a few days now. Remember these are YOUR words, explain them.

posted by  vwhobo

Heheh, I'm not playing your little whose the bigger redneck game, I stand by what I said, now when are you gonna stand by your words...?

Let's try this again...

Now that you've dropped your high and mighty ass down a few levels, would you care to enlighten me with the reason for all your talk about homosexuals and dildos? Am I missing something here? How again is spirited driver related to being gay?

-Josh

Look you douche bag. When you answer my question that's been on the board for days, we can deal with yours. Unless you're afraid your secret is going to get out.

posted by  vwhobo

Now that you've dropped your high and mighty ass down a few levels,
You putting your butt in peoples faces again? :D :D That's just not right :!:

posted by  lectroid

Heh, if I don't answer your demands, at WORST, the redheaded stepchildren of this site may believe I don't know the "I"m smarter than a PHD with 8+ yrs of schooling" mechanic explanation of semi forged fucking pistons. You on the other hand, will always be a closet gay with an affinity for misunderstanding simple words like "spirited" or "driver"...

-Josh

I do believe he needs to go to the Nick Jr. web site also :D

posted by  lectroid

Are you still posting...? Talking about butts in people's faces and Nick Jr.- and we're supposed to believe your old enough to be a grandfather?

-Josh

Bottom line dildo. You made a statement three pages ago and as of yet you haven't explained yourself. Name calling on either one of our parts doesn't make you look any smarter, but it can sure as hell make me look dumber by stooping to your level. If you don't know the answer just say so. If you do know the answer then give it. Until you do that, you're just typing to see yourself type.

If your high and mighty PhD's are so smart, why do they pay me to work on their car, a plumber to fix their toilet or a contractor to build their house? Well first it's because I have over 30 years of education in my field and second because they're smart enough, unlike you, to know that they are not all knowing beings and everyone has their area of expertise.

By the way, you may want to go see a head doc, you seem to be really homophobic.

posted by  vwhobo

Joshie, I couldn't give a shit what you think or believe! We all believe you are a great brain surgeon, IT SHOWS, it's evident that HEAT-SEEKERS name is actually Doug,because he had to be dug out of your ASS. You are a great inspiration to you son, he is already your shitin image. Bye, gotta put the babies in bed :rolleyes:

posted by  lectroid

Huh... I don't EVER remember saying that I knew any more than anyone here or anywhere, and I certainly don't remember saying I was all-knowing. Your pissing match is ridiculous hobo. Why do doctors take their cars to you- because you know an area they don't. And where the fuck do you go when you're sick, have been injured, or your wife is pregnant with a black baby (again)?? The doctor. Becuase they know an area you don't. I NEVER said they were high and mighty. So again, here we go with you putting words into my mouth, although I'm sure that's not the only thing you'd like to put there... And when I answer your question, you'll likely tell me I found it on the internet (as opposed to learning it during "30 years" of education), but I still will have answered it, so how much crow are you willing to eat?

-Josh, sorry, Dildo

I find it funny, and a little uncomfortable, that you're think about me putting something in your mouth (putting words into my mouth, although I'm sure that's not the only thing you'd like to put there). Beyond that all I hear is blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada. Answer the question or shut up.

posted by  vwhobo

how 'bout you find a piston manufacturer that has semi-forged pistons listed?
shouldn't be too hard now

posted by  asa67_stang

Since when were the two companies I listed above not manufacturers?

See again,
http://net33.com/triumph/t595.htm

http://www.renntechmercedes.com/splash/cars/clk/clkgtx.html

And you know what, I answered the original question with my opinion, again, never stating it was better or more right than any other answer, and I feel no need to please any of you asshats. If hobo would get his head out of his ass, we could avoid many more of these pointless debates. Fuck off.

-Josh

ok, you dumb shit
read the post

PISTON manufacturer
not a vehicle manufacturer, and no, i don't believe Renntech is a manufacturer, i think they are a company that will modify your Benz to get more horsepower, do they make the vehicle? pretty damn sure they don't

as for the other, no, that isn't a manufacturer's site either you dumb shit

and because of that, i was curious, i went to Triumph's (http://www.triumph.co.uk) actual OFFICIAL website and did a search for the T595
here's what i found:

ok, it was introduced in '97? that was seven years ago
here's what that suggests to me
the people at Orange County Triumph are idiots

i'm done, this is over in my mind, there's no redemption for you

posted by  asa67_stang

Look asa, he's oblivious to the question which is "what is a somewhat forged piston?". He will evade, avoid, tap dance and bullshit all because he's not man enough to simply admit he was spouting off without the required knowledge.

I still wonder why he's here if this forum sucks so much as he said a few weeks ago. The answer is he's a troublemaker and has nothing to offer the community but this is probably the only place he hasn't been banned.

posted by  vwhobo

Hmmm, I guess if you had read the Renntech CLK's info, you'd see that the pistons are manufactured by Kolbenschmidt. Yes they are a manufacturer. YES, you are the only dumb shit here.

http://www.kolbenschmidt.de

-Josh

What? Did somebody say something? Oh, nobody said something, but he still didn't answer the question.

posted by  vwhobo

:rolleyes: Boy, you come up with the good shit hobo. As I said before, you can take your "I wish I was still young enough to get erect" games and shove them up asa67stang's ass. I'm not humoring you with shit.

-Josh
*awaiting recycled response from vwbum*

The funny thing is, the Kolbenschmidt website talks about cast pistons and forged pistons but says nothing about semi-forged or somewhat-forged pistons. Perhaps you should go to work for them and tell them how stupid they are too. This is another case of blah, blah, blah.

Why is my ability to get an erection so fascinating to you? Dude, get a clue.

posted by  vwhobo

if you had any amount of reading comprehension, you'd realize that i was saying that those two were not manufacturers, not that they didn't have manufacturer's names on their site

ok, i guess i'll jump in for a little more fun, thanks for the site, makes it easier on me

*Google*

hrmmmmm......

to mis-quote Rob Schnieder:

and yes, i did read the site you idiot, i'm not going to go and find this manufacturer's site, you are the one that has to defend yourself here, it's your job to defend yourself
it's the American way

this is fun

posted by  asa67_stang

<----is waiting to so some flashy moderating... ::rubbing hands together::

:D :D :rolleyes:

I also read the site*****yawn****** not only boring, but no mention of semi-forged anything. Now what :?:

posted by  lectroid

Lectroid, it comes down to this. Somebody in the second post of this thread made a statement. That statement was wrong, maybe even an honest mistake. But when called on it, instead of simply saying "oops, sorry" or something to that effect, he has made up stories, made accusations, tap danced and generally made a fool of himself all chronicled here for the world to see. It's sorta like Saddam Hussein, he's in a hole and needs someone to pull him out.
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/graphics/saddam_hole_dummies.jpg

posted by  vwhobo

wow thats a longie....i particularly like this comment of his...

clearly hes never heard of food.... :D

I believe someone has been
http://home.ripway.com/2003-12/41697/own3delevator.jpg
today.

posted by  SuperJew

F*ck you then lectroid, comin after me like that when this topic has absolutely nothing to do with me. This is between spirited driver and whoever wants to get involved. I do not want to get involved so don't make me.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

so why do you support spirited driver?

posted by  SuperJew

I have maybe "supported him" once or twice, but I'm not holding his d*ck or anything. He's fightin his own battle so let it happen.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

Useless name calling now.

Topic Locked.

There are numbers of jobs who have hardly any time online required. Plus why on earth would he post on this forum while doing something he makes money for??

posted by  Heat_Seeker

nah, it doesn't matter if he has a job, most of the time at jobs is spent online

remember that nasty worm that went around and infected everyone a couple months ago?
job productivity jumped up something like 95%
it was insane

posted by  asa67_stang

Unlocked.

There's nothing wrong with razzing each other...as long as it remains as razzing. When it becomes foul word one line name calling...it's time to edit and delete.

As it was brought to my attention that there are some issues that have yet to be ironed out or questions and/or points substanciated, I reopened the thread.

Please try and play nice...

As my mother (and everyone's mother) said many times, the playing always ends in someone being poked in the eye...that's just what happened here IMHO.

Bav.

If he only knew what resulted from this one question... ;)

Man, that is soooooo true. Wonder if he's even around anymore.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

Okay, maybe to better help me understand why I am to answer hobo's varying questions, please tell me which FACT that I stated was wrong. And please tell me where in the statement that I said what I posted was the be-all end-all truth.

-Josh

Let me refresh your memory again. This time please answer the question.

To paraphrase, what exactly is a somewhat forged piston? No crap, no tap dancing, be very specific.

posted by  vwhobo

Heh, I thought I explained this earlier, maybe not- when typing my response, I remembered that (from my Toyota buddies) that some 4G Toy motors had semi-forged pistons in them. I wasn't really trying to get into the fact that the pistons were semi forged, forged, whatever, but that when using a motor turboed from the factory, the internals are usually strengthened to compensate for the extra power forced induction introduces. This to me would seem a better choice for someone looking to turbo a car that has a turbo motor option. Even though my response was quick and simple, you picked out the only thing you didn't recognize as "valid" and quickly pointed a big fat finger at me (as is usually the case for you), although doing so didn't help the original poster in any way. And if you think that by pointing out my "mistake" to the original poster helped them, again, read above.

-Josh

so....
what exactly are semi-forged pistons?

posted by  asa67_stang

Blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada. In other words you still don't know. Why can't you just say those words? One more chance to answer the question, it's very simple. WHAT IS A SOMEWHAT FORGED PISTON?

posted by  vwhobo

oh boy heres the argument, take 2....:popcorn:

posted by  SuperJew

Nope, no more argument from me. All I wanted since the third post in this thread was an answer to a question. He doesn't know and isn't man enough to say it so I think we're done here. :rolleyes:

Personally it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see this entire thread deleted. :idea:

posted by  vwhobo

I don't see a need to lock it, pretty much down the toilet. Does make for some good reading and entertainment, AND some boring reading. I do believe we can semi-forge on....... Dancer, Prancer, Donner and Hobo :D

posted by  lectroid

I take it spirited driver has no explanation for his claim(s)?
:( It's sad to see them crumble under scrutiny.

yeah BW but its about time his lies have come back around to bite him in his ass...and totally off topic but whos the chick in ure avatar?

posted by  SuperJew

That's my daughter....errrr....Charlotte Church.

of all people, you put her in? thanks! :D how old is she now, 16?

posted by  SuperJew

I think a bit older...I'll check on that for you if you are so interested as I'd be if I were unmarried and in her proximity.

8)

yeah unfortunately none of that is true.... :(

a man can dream, eh?

posted by  SuperJew

Your Message