Turbo or supercharger? What size?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Turbo or supercharger? What size?

Ok i ahve a 2005 Acura RSX, non type-S. I want to put a turbo or supercharger on it but i dont know which one will do me better and i dont know what size to get...if anyone can help me out that would be great! Thanks guys.... :thumbs:

posted by  rsxdude

Go with the turbocharger. It takes waste and makes power from it while a supercharger takes power but doesn't have "TURBOLAG" :laughing: :smoke: , which is the time it the turbo takes before the boost kicks in. But a way out of this is sequential twin turbos. Which is one turbo used to boost the engine during lower RPMs and one for the higher RPMs. Thus creating the same effect of a supercharger without robbing power. But you should probably start small. In other words: Turbo all the way :mrgreen: . As for the sizes, you're on your own there.

posted by  TurboLag

Aight, well i seen electric superchargers that arent supposed to rob you of power because they go by getting power fromn the altenator, but i like turbo more and i think im going to get a T4 or something along those lines...but thanks for the reply :mrgreen:

posted by  rsxdude

I'm sure there are plenty of guys who have done the hard yards selecting the right turbocharger for the job, just try asking on a board dedicated to your brand car.

The jury is still out on electric superchargers and as far as I know anything affordable offers only 2 psi. If you think an alternator doesn't draw engine power, think again.

posted by  Wally

no i wasnt saying that it doesnt all together but it doesnt take as much as one would thats not electric

posted by  rsxdude

Your Message