Base RSX runnin 10's

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Base RSX runnin 10's

I took my RSX to a nearby track, Farmington Race Way if anyones heard of it... and ran it against a Camaro. Now, my car is stock...all i have that would give me a lil morew power is my ehaust system (only had the car a couple of weeks, about 50hp worth of stuff being shipped to my house as we speak) Anywayz, i ran this guy and put down a 10.6 and he put a 9.7. Now, i feel pretty good with that time and so does some other perfromance stores around here. What do you guys think about it?

In case your wondering, it has a K20- 2.0L DOHC V-Tec

posted by  rsxdude

You must be bluffing, you only put exhaust on it :screwy:

posted by  99integra

wtf....? 10s? No way.

posted by  Oomba

I have a heavily modded 99 integra in my avatar that runs 8.4 @ 145mph so this guy is full of shit :screwy:

posted by  99integra

dude i had a 2005 wrx with the whole Apexi catalogue in it (60k worth) and in only ran 11s so this guy is fully full of shit :screwy:

posted by  CJR84

honest to god guys.... i ran a 10.6...if i could take a pic of my time slip i would, but other that all i can do is say that...i dont really care what your car runs im just saying thats what i put down...and its the truth belive it or not, i really dont care :umh:

posted by  rsxdude

10 sec....LOL...haha...HAHAHAHA! something wrong with da timer?
its ok to be slow dude...no need to lie

my 240sx is slow too...but SO WAT?! being slow is not a crime.

posted by  nissanTFsx

Your timer must not have been syncronized

posted by  99integra

hmmmm... i dont think so.

they all say its not the car its the driver, but unless u drink nos for breakfast i dont think u could put a stock rsx down in the 10's

posted by  Stem

Before anyone else keeps on.... MAYBE he's talking about an 1/8th mile and NOT a 1/4 mile track...

posted by  thunderbird1100

damn, u beat me to the explanation :oops:

anyhow, i agree with thunderbird on the possibility

posted by  Inygknok

i think he just ran a block with the camaro... :laughing:

posted by  silvia_star

But he wants us to presume that we're talking about the quarter.

What do you want us to answer? How we feel about your time? Why would we care about your car and your time? Not to be offensive or anything, but ti sounds liek you're here simply to brag.

posted by  Godlaus

HAHA, good point! :laughing: ...hehe

Wow, we were so into it that we didnt even realize that.

But anyways, I LIKE that nos-breakfast joke as well....cracked me up... :mrgreen:

posted by  nissanTFsx

1/8 mile.

Like this guy that was bragging about his 0-60 time in an old Honda. He was totally full of !@$#, then after about a month of arguing he mentioned that he was in km/h. (0-62mph = 0-100km/h).... that and he used the stop watch on his cellphone...

posted by  Bino

HAHA :orglaugh:

posted by  nissanTFsx

Hes talking about the 1/8 mile. Theres no way a base model RSX with just an exhaust system could be running 10s in the 1/4 mile. :screwy:

posted by  FordFromHell351

HEs not lien i have a STOCK rsx all i did is put a 33 ft spolier on the back and now it runs 0-60 in 1.2 secounds and the 1/4 in 4.527 top speed is 187 with my new stickers on the side (156 without stickers).

posted by  83transam

Don't blow the welds on the intake :stupid: :orglaugh:
http://www.reubengathright.com/jpg/ricers/TheFastandtheFuriousComic.htm

posted by  99integra

Does it fly :laughing:

posted by  99integra

yeah it was an 1/8th mile and 1/4 mile track and yes i ran the 1/8 mile run...but still i was just putting it out there to see what kinda reaction it would get and for all of you that are making jokes you can kiss my ****in white ass :fu: :laughing: What tard thinks a almost STOCK CAR is running 10's in a 1/4...? Yeah it may have seemed that, that is what i was saying but any idiot would stop and think "Gee, i really know cars and i know that that car cant run that in a 1/4 so it must be an 1/8"....ASSES.

No offense to any of you... :2cents: :umh:

posted by  rsxdude

What I think happened is you thought people would fall for it and be impressed but it blew up in your face so you used the 1/8 mile excuse after everybody else ragged on you :2cents:

posted by  99integra

i could give 2 shits what you guys say cause thats all that can be done, and no it was no excuse dumbass, it was a misunderstanding by all of you and was done so because i didnt say that it was an 1/8...but anyone that knows what they are talking about would catch that in a second and say something without talking shit like you did

posted by  rsxdude

Oh I caught it, I used to race at a dragstrip so I knew that you couldn't do that time :banghead: Watch what you say smartass

posted by  99integra

suck my dick you ****face ill say whatever the hell i want and i am a smartass so wtf are you gunna do about it, say something to hurt my feelings? **** off my post bitch :finger:

posted by  rsxdude

How old are you, 12, if you are going to post something, you will usually get flamed so don't be a bitch and take it like a man :fu:

posted by  99integra

you might take it like a man but i dont sorry, and no not 12, try 18...but thats not the point what is the point is that your trying to rag on someone about something that you didnt even catch... so you take it like the man you think you are and just let it go... be abigger man and just walk away... thnx :asshake:

posted by  rsxdude

I did catch it and yeah I will walk away :cussing:

posted by  99integra

yeah good catch, bet you werent a very good athelete were you... and finally its about time you ****in stoped talking i got beter things to do then sit here and talk shit like a lil kid to some guy who lives in god knows where :stupid:

posted by  rsxdude

Where the hell else is there a St. Pete, FL. See you couldn't resist replying and walking away could you

posted by  99integra

No i told you i couldnt i always have to have the last word that just how i am and thas why i told you to walk away....ass... :clap:

posted by  rsxdude

the clock for the track must have been off about 3.8 seconds.....you are full of it otherwise. :fu:

posted by  civisi99

:mrgreen:
Funny thread.........10's in the 1/8 is fricken slow :orglaugh: . A friend of mine has an OLD Chevy station wagon...weighs almost 5,000 pounds with a fairly mild small block that will run the 1/8 in the low 9's.
Any idiot would have realized that a stock car isnt gonna run the 1/4 in the 10's...........BUT.... I wouldnt even bother to tell anyone that it ran 10's in the 1/8....pathetic. My wifes 95 T-Bird would probably run that quick.

posted by  norice

That would be a 13.8...........in the 1/4....that isnt gonna happen either.....not if its running 10's in the 1/8 :orglaugh:

posted by  norice

10s and 11s is what most stock cars run in the 1/8. The quicker stock cars run 10s. So 10s in the 1/8 is not 'fricken slow' like you make it out to be. I've seen several older (10-20 years old) cars run 12s and 13s in the 1/8th.

If your wifes T-bird is a 4.6 then it'll run no faster than my friends 95 LX T-bird which does 10.5s-10.7s. If its a 3.8 then you're looking at the low-mid 11 second range for the 1/8th.

Wanted to use this forever now

http://www.ianai.net/jokes/forumpix/bsmeter.gif

posted by  Oomba

Fukk you all... except thunderbird1100, at least he knows something unlike you jackasses. :banghead: :fu:

posted by  rsxdude

Don't start this again dude :evil:

posted by  99integra

im not...im not... and it aint pointed at you :badrazz: but ppl are just ignorant these days...this thread is like months old..it should be closed already.

posted by  rsxdude

Alright, you just said that everybody were jackasses and that everybody included me :wink2:

posted by  99integra

yeah but thats them... you know that you not included in that category...along with t-bird1100. I like you guys. :thumbs:

posted by  rsxdude

Did you get those parts yet? What year was the Camaro, and was it stock, because I figured it would do better than 9.7 in the 1/8th...

posted by  chris_knows

You must have started your stopwatch half way down the track. There is no way a mostly stock RSX can run 10's even with heavy modification. :screwy: :banghead:

posted by  GrandAmFreak

How is it mostly stock then, if its heavily modified?

posted by  Oomba

....the question on the tip of everyone's tongues...

posted by  TurboLag

I guess 10's are OK for a stock car...not saying that is bad......just SLOW.
10's in the 1/8 IS SLOW. For example.....a 10.2 in the 1/8 is really close to mid 14's in the 1/4. Lots of stock cars will run that quick. Hell there were cars in the '60's that would run faster.
So...I guess Im saying stock cars are slow......like it or not.
To me anything slower than 12's in the 1/4 are slow for a street legal car.

posted by  norice

Most cars cannot run mid 14s in the 1/4 stock. The average time for ALL current NEW vehicles in the 1/4 mile is in the mid-high 15 second range. In the 60s it was even worse. Some cars off the top of my head i know will do a 14.5 or therabouts include an Accord V6 Six Speed coupe (240hp), Subaru WRX (227hp) or a 94-98 Mustang (215hp/225hp).

yet again t-bird comes to shut you all up, :mrgreen:

posted by  rsxdude

I never said anything about "current new cars". Im saying there are plenty of STOCK cars that will run low 14's and down into the high 13's. Stock can be any car that is as it came from the factory....weather it was in 1925 or 2005.

posted by  norice

Cant shut me up...I know for fact that there were stock cars in the 60's that would break into the 13's.

posted by  norice

If you look overtime cars got faster not slower. The only time cars got slower was going into the 70s and 80s from the 60s (thank you whining liberal environmentaltards). You dont realize there were very FEW cars in the 60s that could run even run 13s (there were many, many more that ran 15s 16s and 17s). The main thing that held them back compared to todays cars were tires and transmissions for the most part (some weight, but even today i bet the average weight of cars can compete with the average weight of cars back then). They certainly had the power to run 13s, but just couldnt. These days they have fine tuned vehicles to run very quick 1/4 miles. For instance the 97-up NSX can run a 12.9 but has only 290hp and weighs almost 3200lbs. The Lotus Elise has only 190hp and can run mid-high 13s all day long with a weight of almost 2000lbs. If these cars had trannys (usually 3spd or 4spd) and tires (bias ply) from the 60s these times would probably be at least a second slower.

Hey--
I don't suppose any of you guys happen to know the times on a 2005 base rsx? I really can't find any definitive information on the net that says how quick it does 0-60, 1/4, etc. I have only seen a couple of times on the base version and they range from 7.1 to 8.5 secs 0-60. I know the type s does 0-60 in about 6.3. Any help would be great.

P.S. My dad had an early 70s Nova 350 and it couldn't beat his 2 wheel drive, 135 hp, 2.4 liter Tacoma in a quarter mile.

posted by  LedZepp007

well its slow as shit...

posted by  rsxdude

hey at least its faster than you. :smoke:

posted by  silvia_star

Please don't even start with him :doh:

posted by  99integra

dont worry i wont. trying to make him look dumber than he looks. after you arguing with him, i think he has no point.

posted by  silvia_star

Cause you know if you start flaming and someone says something I don't like, all hell breaks loose :banghead:

posted by  99integra

hey how come you have a sti picture when your name is 99 integra?

posted by  silvia_star

I like STI's and the Integra used to be mine :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

STI's are nice. what happened to your integra? what car do you drive now?

posted by  silvia_star

The integra got impounded
Right now I have a 93 Mustang GT, 94 Chevy S10 Blazer, and a 69 Beetle that I'm restoring

Here is the story (http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=13500&page=2&pp=15)

posted by  99integra

why domestics? why not going import all the way?

posted by  silvia_star

whats wrong with domestic?

posted by  TurboLag

dont have anything against domestic but i just dont like em. they are powerful but then they dont look good. and this is in asian imports forum.

posted by  silvia_star

I think domestics look better than most asian imports. I prefer a meaner look in my cars to a cheap plasticy look.

posted by  Oomba

hey fuk you silvia star you look like a dumbass you punk bitch you need to take advice from teg and not start nothing, just keep your mouth shut and there wouldnt be any problems...its ppl like you that start shit and ruine chat forums.

posted by  rsxdude

speak for yourself...

posted by  fudge

All of your opinions are so vague and unfounded. Let's have a little comparison between some vehicles fella. Because quite honestly there's some really boring pasticy domestics and some really agressive imports.

So let's have it. A little logic to back up this globally unfounded opinion.

posted by  Bino

The domestics I have to me are condsidered classics. The Mustang, classic. The Blazer, to me a classic. The Beetle is an import if you think about it and it is a classic.

posted by  99integra

And it's funny the fact similar domestics to japanese imports constantly get hounded in reviews for having too much cheap plastic compared to their japanese counterparts.

okay, no

posted by  Jay-G

the previous model mustangs, lol. All the intakes and such were just fake plastic crap,lol.

posted by  Jay-G

i am taking advice from teg. im learning...and your not. so dont start.

posted by  silvia_star

thats cool. so you plan on getting a import car next? what kind? what did you have on your integra? from other posts, it seemed like one of the fastest integra.

posted by  silvia_star

I had about 40 grand under the hood and I really can't tell you what was in they're, too much shit. I was thinking about a prelude or a 97 Civic SI

posted by  99integra

40 grand? damn integra how much power did it make?

I'm acually thinking of getting an integra my self, how do they drive?

Oh and I'd go the prelude for your next car. :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

It made close to 400 hp. They drive really good and have a very good engine and tranny. I will give you stats on a year you are looking for if you want :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

wow 400hp. :clap:

Well I know the stats of the integra I want, 2000 Integra type R :mrgreen:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Nice, the Integra I had was a 99 type-r. Very nice :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

Sweet, what's insurance like with em'?

posted by  GreekWarrior

Insurance is a little high, just because they are most likely to get stolen :doh:

You said you already had the stats but just in case you missed something.

2000 Integra Type-R (http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/default.aspx?carID=1769&optionID=0)

posted by  99integra

What if you put a high-tech security system? :mrgreen:

posted by  GreekWarrior

That actually will lower insurance costs

posted by  99integra

:orglaugh: Sweet, ok I'll talk to you more about the integra later, I'm going to bed. :sleep:

later.

posted by  GreekWarrior

Your Message