Wheels/Tires

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Wheels/Tires

What wheel size and tire size do you recomend for a 98 honda accord 4 cyl.

I was thinking 17 or 18 in. but wasn't sure if 18s would give me an uncomfortable ride. Thanks.

posted by  Accord_Man

RSX/DC5 integra type R wheels

http://www.jdmmanager.com/images/12/dc5rsilver.jpg

theyre sicky

posted by  mazda6man

EDIT... post delete

posted by  mazda6man

17" is good for racing
18" is good for show

17" is lighter, 18" might be more stable.

Its gonna be weird if you are used to 17's...even if you make a turn with 18's, you will notice the difference...and 18's will definitely make your car slower.

posted by  nissanTFsx

Thanks, do those type R wheels come in different sizes, I would like 17s, where do I get them.

posted by  Accord_Man

I wouldn't get any bigger than 17" on accords. I think those type Rs are 17'' and look pretty good.

posted by  ed_7702

17s. Get Z-rated tires please

posted by  Oomba

they come in one size because theyre OEM honda wheels

posted by  mazda6man

Where those the Japenese Honda Integra Type-R wheels?

posted by  99integra

Where can I get those wheels. What tires do you think, pirelli?

posted by  Accord_Man

Get Potenza tires, I used to have them on my Integra and they were sticky as hell :2cents:

posted by  99integra

Where do I buy the wheels?

posted by  Accord_Man

try a import shop... they can probably get a set... or a honda dealler could probably get them... they wouldnt be cheap though

posted by  mazda6man

How much do you think for the wheels, tires, and the installation?

posted by  Accord_Man

i really dont know when it comes to money... youd have to ask one of the dealers

posted by  mazda6man

you should look to get some rims off of an acura. something like a late model tl type s or cl even. i seen some guy do that to his 2000 accord with a nice little drop. it wouldnt be expensive seeing how its a usdm car. but i dont know if the acura tl rims are runnin a 4 or 5 lug set up.

posted by  royc978

Just keep an eye on your contact patch area and desirable flex.

posted by  Wally

if i were you, i'd get the volks racing te37(white). they are the nicest rims made. and there's also the racing hart c4. them are nice too. but they are pricey though. up to $2500.00 with tires.

posted by  silvia_star

I have a problem, those type R wheels are 5 lug, my car is 4 lug. Do I have to completely replace both axles, or just the ends?

posted by  Accord_Man

17 inch
but all depends
personally id get 17
but you might like someting else

posted by  6000LE

Thanks and I've already decided on the type R 17s but look at my last post on this thread (the one before this one obviously).

posted by  Accord_Man

Those are gorgeous wheels. I'll put in a vote for those bad boys.

posted by  Bino

19"s with lo-profile tires :laughing: . Wait. What's that say? M+S? Rent-a-Tire you say? yea boyeee. j/k.

posted by  VG30DE

What do I have to do to my car, it has 4 lug wheels and I want those type R wheels but they are 5 lug. Do I have to replace the entire axle or just the ends and whatever it is how much will it cost? Thanks a bunch.

posted by  Accord_Man

NO! Potenza = teh gay. I have them on my lude, do not get them. and fyi, you don't need Z rated.

posted by  importluva

Hell I loved mine, guess it depends on the way the driver likes it, good match for my Integra :2cents:

posted by  99integra

I'm getting Perelli Pzero Nero (I love saying that) tires. But I still need to know what to do about the 4 lug to 5 lug conversion.

posted by  Accord_Man

LOL Potenza is a series. There are so many damn types of Potenza that you guys could be talking about all kinds of tires. RE050 i think are the stickiest of the icky.

posted by  VG30DE

Yea but 4 cyl Accords are not 5 lug

I'd recommend not changing the hubs if he's not serious about doing the work

posted by  NISSANSPDR

Well actually I am serious about getting those wheels so I was wondering what needs to be done for this conversion and more importantly what will it cost?

posted by  Accord_Man

bump...

posted by  Accord_Man

Can somebody please just tell me what to do to put 5 lug wheels on a car that has 4 lug nuts per wheel

posted by  Accord_Man

5 sec search on yahoo 4 lug to 5 lug adapters
http://www.ezaccessory.com/.sc/ms/bdd/1123370451551443/9/nc/ee/124/Wheel%20 Adapter%204%20Lug%204%2E5%26quot%3B%20To%205%20Lug%204%2E5%26quot%3B%20Thic kness%202%26quot%3B
plus here's a pic

posted by  osborste

try to find rotors that attach to the same thickness axle, if you can't, then it's time to replace the whole diff/axle/rotors/brakes and then MAYBE it might work, lol.

my personal favourite set up mags wise is TE37's covered by some 225/40R-15 Marshall tires.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Thanks guys...the only problem with that adapter is that it my wheels/tires will stick out an extra 2 in. right?

posted by  Accord_Man

check with honda for the five bolt hubs
ask will they fit the spindle and axle shaft then all you have to do is replace the axle hubs and rotors and calipers on the front on the back drums and shoes and backing plate
if honda dont tell you check with a scrap yard

posted by  osborste

Ok thanks I'll do that. :thumbs:

posted by  Accord_Man

Your Message