Engine Acting Wierd After Cold Air is Installed

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Engine Acting Wierd After Cold Air is Installed

ok i have a '01 Eclispe and just recently like 30 min. ago installed my cold air intake and it ****in took me 3hrs to install and why i dunno....but any ways....after i installed it i realized sum shit....when i start my car it seemed like it wanted to die but i was like its still warming up bcuz it sat there for 3 hrs. but when i warmed up it still did it.. it would idle wierd and it would seem like it wanted to die....and when i starting driving it to take my friend home i started to smell somethin but im thinkin im gettin an exhaust leak but yea if anyone has any clues let me know cuz this shit is wierd how its actin after i installed my cold air

posted by  Eclispe2k5

3 hours to install a cool air intake? Jesus. Maybe you disconnected something in the process. Or it could be that its a 3rd Gen Eclipse :orglaugh:

posted by  Oomba

Did you put the air sensor and all the lines from the old intake to the new intake. If your getting smoke coming out of the car, you probably didnt hook up the PCV line into the intake probably.

posted by  CarEXPERT

yes ma'****er it tooks 3 ****in hours bcuz i had stripped screws and shit but anyways its all good... dont care i still got it installed..

posted by  Eclispe2k5

see iono i just went to go look at my car and ****ed with the air flow sensor....and when i was in the process my car was on but then out of nowhere the damn thing dies.....so iono

posted by  Eclispe2k5

Can you tell me what you did from beginning to start again? And when you start the car tell me iif you see black smoke coming out.

posted by  CarEXPERT

allright, heres my guess, you left a wrench in your throttle body. ok not really, just make sure you go over your intake and that it was installed correctly, make sure all hoses and lines are properly fitted, check your oil breather to make sure its properly installed....and make sure there isn't a wrench in your throttle body.

posted by  Zalight

Who is stupid enough to do that?? You dont even need a wrench to disconnect the pipe from the throttle body.

If your cars not starting, its most likely you didnt hook up the airflow sensor.

posted by  CarEXPERT

woooosh... right over your head with that joke....

posted by  mazda6man

nah there aint no black smoke coming out....and the air flow sensor is properly installed....but i do think there is an air leakage sumwhere down the intake

posted by  Eclispe2k5

would having my negative cable to my battery disconnected for most of the time have sumthin to do with it?

posted by  Eclispe2k5

ok i took everything off and re-installed everything but before that i realized thats my service engine light has came on and iono if my radiator fans are working now but shit iono if this engine is ****ed i only have to pay $100 for a new one

posted by  Eclispe2k5

....I hate you.

notice the lack of a smily.

posted by  Zalight

Did you take the time to recalibrate your idle air bypass setting?

posted by  Wally

ok everything is fine

posted by  Eclispe2k5

Your Message