92 sentra se-r

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  92 sentra se-r

do you any of you guys know websites of sentra's specs or any site about sentra's?

posted by  silvia_star

http://autos.msn.com/
click on Used and pick your model and the year. It should give you most information you need.

posted by  ed_7702

do you guys know if the 92's sentra se-r has a rpm guage?

posted by  silvia_star

Yeah it probably would, wouldn't be able to shift correctly w/o one :screwy:

I don't think they made SE-R's back then

posted by  99integra

umm...they do make se-r's back then. they are rare. and some sentra's dont have rpm guages. but i dont know about the se-r's

posted by  silvia_star

I know but a manuel transmission ought to have one and since it's an SE-R than it probably would, I know the new ones do

posted by  99integra

trust me ive seen sentra's with no rpm thats a 5 speed.

posted by  silvia_star

are the motors sr20de? do they have turbo in the se-r engine or is it n/a? do you guys know any sites to buy parts for the 92 sentra se-r?

posted by  silvia_star

SE-R's don't have turbos but they have a bigger engine and am not quite sure about the engine type. You could probably find performance parts anywhere. Just do a search on Google and there will be a good amount of places, I already cheacked :laughing:

posted by  99integra

oh alright. thanks :thumbs:

posted by  silvia_star

i know for sure that the sentra se-r does come with the n/a sr20de. its a front wheel drive setup and im pretty sure the car would come with a rpm guage. i mean the se-r was designed to be a sports car sort of so why wouldnt it come with a rpm guage. oh and the output of the fwd na sr20de comes stocc with about the same hp ratings a civic si or slightly a little more. about 160 - 175 hp.

posted by  royc978

I know for sure you are talking about the newer SE-R's because the older ones had to have been slower. The newer models have the 2.5 liter Altima motors in them but I don't know about the older ones

posted by  99integra

Does anything on this site answer any of your questions: http://auto.consumerguide.com/Auto/Used/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/2081/act/ usedcarreviewspecs/

posted by  car_crazy89

hte 92 sentra se-r has a sr20de motor and it comes with a tach... any more question about the 92 sentra se-r ... just ask... i own one!!!

posted by  92se-r_bigplans

JDM Bluebird SR20 + USDM SE-R =FUN! :mrgreen:

posted by  airmanUSN

JDM GTiR SR20DET + USDM SE-R = A LOT MORE FUN! :mrgreen:

posted by  HyundaGuy

That's what i said
Bluebird is the nickname of the front wheel drive version of the SR20DET

posted by  airmanUSN

bluebirds and GTiR's are compeltely different, also, they have different versions of the SR20DET.

the GTiR = Nissan Pulsar/Sunny, the Bluebird is completely different!

the GTiR had a T28BB turbo with a top mount intercooler with 450cc injectors STOCK, it had 235 - 240hp, stock... depending on the condition you got it in.

australia had the GTiR's, i think america got stuck with Bluebirds instead.

posted by  HyundaGuy

ok didn't know the difference but i'm pretty sure the bluebird is a jdm motor not usdm. link (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-Nissan-BlueBird-Clip-FWD-SR20DET-Sentra -Altima_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33615QQitemZ7995094066QQrdZ1QQsspagename ZWDVW)

posted by  airmanUSN

If you only know Hondas, stop trying to post about Nissans. The 92 SE-R had a tachometer that showed it's SR20DE able to rev to 7500 rpm. It made 140 hp and weighed 2400 lbs. They are slightly slower than new SE-R's and are lacking in the low end power comparatively. They make up for being slightly slower with their lightweight nimble handling. New SE-R's are much heavier and torqier. And I've seen plenty of cars that have 3 pedals and no tach. You feel the car out to shift.

posted by  VG30DE

My uncle had a manual ranger that didnt have a tachometer.

posted by  Oomba

I know, they were optional but mine has one and that makes it easier than listening to the engine the whole time

posted by  99integra

Your Message