Acura RSX

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Acura RSX

I seen an Acura RSX yeterday and I was wondering if they are nice cars, I pulled up beside him in my parents Z34 and he almost blew the doors off of my car when he hit the gas. I couldn't believe how fast it accelerated. Is an RSX meant for speed or would he have put money into it to make it fast?

posted by  jarvisx2000

A base RSX is really nothing more than a coupe version of the Civic Si (same engine, same power, about same weight = same performace). So you really cant expect much out of the base RSX. The RSX-S however is a very fun little car that has the uppowered K20z1 (or if not an 05, a k20a2). The k20z1 car puts out about 215-220hp and weighs about 2900lbs. It has probably one of the best 6spd trannies out on the market and handles very well on the new 17" 'ers. The only thing the RSX-S lacks that it desperately needs is summer performance tires (it come with all seasons) and an LSD. These both would push it to great handling heights and easily ping it as the best FWD handler out there. Cybernationmotorsports.com makes a turbo kit for the RSX/RSX-S and they even have their project RSX-S pushing close to 500fwhp (and its a full street trim RSX). A stock RSX-S is nothing to snuff at though with 215-220hp and runs mid-high 14s. With a basic turbo kit though (i rememebr reading a Turbo mag article recently where they doubled the WHP on an RSX-S with the HKS turbo kit i believe and ran all stock internals) you should see at least a 80-100whp gain and a reduction in the 1/4 mile to around the low 13s (assuming you put good tires on it).

posted by  thunderbird1100

i have a base type RSX and i think it has good accelleration and speed, but not good handling. I dont really like the type-s beacuse if you look inside the car its really kinda ugly and mine has a kinda carbon fiber cloth look and looks way better than the type-s' that I've seen. But thats just for looks for performance the type-s has a lil more power i think about like 20+ horses but i have gained that and some already...but yeah overall i would say that they are fast little cars and that guy probably had something done to it.

posted by  rsxdude

You said you only put an exhaust system on it so how did you get a 20 hp gain :screwy:

posted by  99integra

i have other stuff thats on the way that i have ordered...at the time thats all i had now i have more stuff. :doh:

posted by  rsxdude

Ok, then what did you do to it and be honest :smoke:

posted by  99integra

ok, a brand new HKS exhaust, that sopposedly gives me 10hp....not sure about that one, DC ceramic headers, speed mod and im getting Hondatta ECU upgrade and looking for turbo. IS that suffecient?

posted by  rsxdude

okay,okay don't get so testy :screwy:

posted by  99integra

Not testy...just stating what you have asked :mrgreen:

posted by  rsxdude

I really like this forum...people here are nice to each other...LOL...well, for most of the time. :orglaugh:

its good thats yall are coo with each other now :thumbs:

posted by  nissanTFsx

Yeah we pm'd each other to clear things up :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

4cyl cars only have ONE header there buddy.

posted by  FordFromHell351

One header on each side right

posted by  99integra

Are you serious, oh well, I just answer it anyway. No.
4 cyl. engine header=4 pipes, one coming out of each exhuast port. And of course those 4 pipes come into either two pipes and then one, or just into one depending on if you have a 4-2-1 or 4-1 configuration.

posted by  Accord_Man

I was kidding. I have to know that since I am a mechanics apprentice. Almost ready to open my new shop :hi:

posted by  99integra

I know that i only have one header...i just have a habbit of saying headers...so does everyone else in this area :screwy: but my b...ill correct myself

posted by  rsxdude

Your Message