2003 Acura NSX

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  2003 Acura NSX

I saw it near my Acura dealership, Acura of Avon, this morning heading west on Route 44 near Simsbury, CT. The new headlamps.. well, I guess they'll have to grow on me. From a distance, it looked very much like a Mitsubishi 3000GT. As I got closer, I knew that the lines were a little off for a 3000GT, and sure enough, it turned out to be something else entirely.

Anyway, it was exciting, and added a little spark to my drive to Bakerville, CT.

posted by 

What color was it?

posted by  Unfedfat

A red one

posted by 

it's a 2002 model year.

posted by 

I would kill to have a 2003 NSX! :D They should come out with turbocharged ones!

posted by 

rumor has it that they are droppin a v8 into it sometime in the next 2 years... puttin out around 500hp to sell them against ferraris and the like... a v8 honda... yeah baby...

posted by 

I think we are supposed to get the V8 Acura NSX in 2004 here in the States. And the target horsepower is between 400 and 450 from what I've read.

At the NY Auto Show this year, they had a Honda Racing V8 engine, with the turbos removed. This was.. I think around a 3-liter (maybe closer to 3.5 liters.. I forget), capable of revving to 16K to 17K rpms, and with turbo boost, figure 800 horsepower, EASILY. WHY WHY WHY don't we consumers get something as cool as that?!?!?! :(

posted by 

Because the Average punter would spin it out and crash on the way home from the dealership. :D :D

posted by 

Could that be a 3.5-liter V8, which would be the basis for an IRL-based motor???

posted by  analloutracer

i was talking to a guy at a dodge dealership and he said most of the new owners of a dodge viper crash it in the first 6 months 8O he took me to there garage and showed me one that hit a curb the whold front end was buckled in i couldnt believe it

posted by  starfish

NSX = Not enough bang for the buck

posted by  RichG

A turbo charged motor revving to 16/17k rpm wouldn't last. My car has argo 500 spec forge heat treated rods. There designed to handle 500hp per rod. Pretty much the strongest money can buy. If I revved my car to 17k rpm. My rods would just snap off after a while. It would never be reliable.

posted by  57ock

NSX's are very well built cars but I agree, not enough bang for the buck. It's a shame when you buy a 70K+ car and a car half that price spanks you with little effort in stock form let alone a modded one. Nevertheless, it's still a well engineered car.

posted by  2k3SVTCobra

umm formula 1 does it all day

posted by  RichG

you live near avon?i live in fall river about 15 mins from avon.

posted by  GoOsEmAn

good ol' honda .../acura

posted by  mazda6man

you would blow your engine trying to i bet LOL. and that bs about 16/17k rpm for a v8, i Dont believe hell even 4 cylinder engines fully built n/a wont rev past like 12 grand safely. Hell even 600 cc motorcycle engines have a rev limit of like 14k

posted by  Arthur

F1 and CART cars rev to 16 and 17k, and I assume that's what the motor was. About the NSX, I've heard 350bhp for the V8, but it could be higher, and while the current engine may not have the most power, the chassis is the NSX's strong suit, that's what makes it worth the money, although I do admit the price to pay does seem a little steep...

posted by  JDM Enthusiast

hey i have a question for you, What was the First car to have V tec?

posted by  S2000Boy

Good question...I'm not sure about that one.

posted by  JDM Enthusiast

The Acura NSX!

posted by  S2000Boy

Ah...Makes sense.

posted by  iamane30m20nut

Uh, no. Try reading this. Facts not bullshit.

http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-article?article_id=10888&page_number=1

posted by  vwhobo

Your Message