celica or integra

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  celica or integra

I am looking at two different cars right now. One is a Toyota Celica 1995 and the other is an acura integra 1994. Which one do you suggest?

posted by  ciVicman

If I had to suggest one of those, I would say the integra, but if your looking at that type of car, I think a prelude would suit you better.

posted by  Accord_Man

Id go with the Integra. I just plain like the looks. Both are certainly good cars.

posted by  StiMan

Hmm, I wonder :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Unless the Celica is an All-Trac, my vote is on the Integra.

posted by  Bino

:laughing:

posted by  Accord_Man

I would still take an Integra even if the Celica was all-trac a.k.a 4 wheel drive

posted by  99integra

Don't forget it's turbocharged...

posted by  Bino

celica, cuz toyota is better :thumbs:

posted by  mazda6man

Get the Integra, whether it's a B18a/b or B18c series it's worth-it over the 2.2 offered in the Celica (much larger aftermarket).

In '95 I believe they didnt even have an AWD Celica here in the states. They only offered the 130hp 2.2 FWD model and the pathetic 110hp 1.8 FWD model (although it did weigh 100lbs less than an Integra RS and 250lbs less than a LS/GSR...its 1.8 motor pales in comparison to the 142hp 1.8 offered in the RS/LS and 170hp 1.8 in the GSR).

posted by  thunderbird1100

Integra...just because u see them everyday :mrgreen: ...everybody is driving it...so you know it should have its value.

posted by  nissanTFsx

I know :wink2:

posted by  99integra

I would go with the Celica. I mean come on, everyone and their MOTHER has a Integra! How many people are racing around in a Turbocharged All-Trac Toyota Celica????

My vote is for the Celica allll the way!

posted by  FordFromHell351

Hey man now watch what you say about Integra's :wink2:

posted by  99integra

Problem is there is no such thing as a Turbo AWD Celica in 1995 in the U.S.

Thought he said 93 :oops:

posted by  FordFromHell351

They only made them up until 93 (started in 90 or 89...cant remember). But really an All-Trac wont be any faster and definatley not handle better than a 94-up GSR. The All-Trac might have 200hp compared to the GSR's 170hp but the GSR only weighs 2650lbs while pending the year ann All-Trac weighs between 3200-3300lbs making it a bit slower than a stock GSR.

We both know though the GSR would own it around a road course stock vs. stock, cant beat that legendary GSR handling.

Go with the Integra, all around better reliability and just all around better :smoke:

posted by  Metzger

the celica all trac isnt that bad at handling...considering it was made like for rally..

posted by  psychedelic

+94 Integra GSR FTW!:thumbs: :driving:

posted by  elchango36

I say Integra too lol...ElChango, did you check the date of the thread? :mrgreen:

posted by  chris_knows

Since everyone has/wants an Integra, go with the Celica.

posted by  PontiacFan27

LOL, OOOPPPSSS:doh: I did it again. My mistake!

posted by  elchango36

Teggy just looks sexier

posted by  SyntheticTrust

now just becuz everyone drives an integra doesnt mean u have to get one...just like civics, everyone drives'em just becuz alota ppl has them..people drive it just becuz it says civic..even civics with non vtec, 4-door civics....... id get the celica to be different.....

posted by  psychedelic

acura integra :hi:

posted by  Andrew0261

id have the honda integra

posted by  True_Brit

i have a celica and i like it A LOT but honestly ive driven other celicas and ive driven some integras and there is just something about the way the engine and trany feel when shifting at a higher RMP with all the integras ive driven. I stand behind toyota all the way but im gonna have to say go with the integra on this one...

posted by  Greg87

He didn't say it was bad at handling. He said that it was heavier than the Integra, which implies the integra will handle better at the same level of prep. that fact has been borne out repeatedly in head to head competition.

posted by  ChrisV

Oh, and you could get much of the Celica All-Trac after '93 in the US. Unfortunately, it said RAV 4 on it... ;)

posted by  ChrisV

Your Message