Turbo a Prelude anyone?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Turbo a Prelude anyone?

I want to install a Turbonetics T3/04 Turbo Kit on a 94 Prelude H23A1 non-vtec(JDM). I know that I need to sleeve the block, stainless steel gaskets, yata yata yata. But I heard that there's a way to make the car VTEC. Does anyone know exactly how to, and where's a cheap place to get the parts? And is it bad for an engine w/turbo since the engine wasn't originaly VTEC? If ANYONE can help me out with this shit, that'd be cool. Cuz I want to put this all together at the same time instead of putting it together piece by piece.(i don't want the ****er to gernade on me)

posted by  ndogg0079

Put variable timing on it to make it a VTEC :laughing:

posted by  99integra

It's way harder than it sounds. You have to rework your computer, and I believe the prelude is a SOHC, so you're looking at a DOHC conversion for variable valve. The heads would be expensive, then you're looking at other changes, such as electrical messign around with. It's not really worth it unless you have the money lying around and want to perform the work yourself because you like working on cars.

posted by  Godlaus

Why the hell did you make a thread after m6m answered your question in another thread?

posted by  Godlaus

Im pretty sure the h23 is DOHC.

posted by  Accord_Man

The H23a is a DOHC non-vtec motor (160hp), to first answer a comment earlier in this thread.

You dont need a vtec head to run the turbo and I'd advise against it (more problems...). You really dont have to sleeve the block and get new pistons as such if you're only going with a mild hybrid T3/T04 and running it at 6-9psi (I'm assuming you got a turbo kit). You can even run up to about 10-12 psi on all stock internals (get a nice new head gasket though!) assuming you tune it VERY well.

If you want vtec though you need to look for an h22a series motor (it's head swaps right onto your motor and is VTEC).

posted by  thunderbird1100

What is sleeving the cylinder? Is it to make it bigger to fit bigger piston bores??

posted by  CarEXPERT

Your Message