rx-7 Vs. rx-8

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  rx-7 Vs. rx-8

which would you pick? the 3rd gen. rx-7, or the new rx-8? how fast could you make an rx-8 go?

posted by  Guns_10

RX-7 FD no doubt...FC's are nice also...no LOVE for RX-8 :banghead:

posted by  nissanTFsx

I'd go the Rx7 because i've always loved them and are one of the best cars that have come for japan. Though the Rx8 is a great car too, it was created to be more of an everyday, where the Rx7 was produced with racing in mind.

posted by  GreekWarrior

The RX-7 is a better looking, better performing car than the RX-8. I like the RX-8s, just not as much as the RX-7s though. :mrgreen:

posted by  FordFromHell351

I'd take a FC, even though it's not an option. The FD's are too overpriced and the RX8 is just a big disappointment all around (not enough power, OVERRATED BIG-TIME).

posted by  thunderbird1100

RX-7 hands down

posted by  Metzger

RX-7's are way better looking than RX-8 for sho'

posted by  nissanTFsx

FD is summm gooood, the 8 is a nice ride and it does look ok. but the FD has the nice twin setup and more power and upgrade options for now.

posted by  JFroTurbo

the 8 is not as aerodynamic...it looks like a turtle from the side...where as the 7's are more like sports cars.

posted by  nissanTFsx

the rx8 may look cool but that wont help u to the finish line stick with the zoom zoom-y ness of the rx7 who cares abouts looks mhen all the other guy sees is tail lights

posted by  8G Galant

RX-7, no competition. I like the fact that the new Renesis is supposedly more reliable than the old RX-7 engine, though.

posted by  ThirdeYe

what WOULD be as fast, maybe a smidge faster than the stock FD would be an FC with the new renesis. figure 10 hp difference in the motors. yeah, the FD makes its peak sooner in the rpms, but has low power until the turbos spool (if actually working...) where as the renesis would make good low end and carry on good power without forced induction. and get good fuel mileage. now that would be a cool ass option. now just to get 6000 dollars for the motor, trans, and all related components.....damn new motors. :cussing:

posted by  Low Impedance

Yeah, they dont get the busted seals as often :laughing: :laughing:

posted by  FordFromHell351

Or you could buy a $1500 good shape FC drop in this engine (http://www.fordcobraengines.com/302_350_hpLB.htm), finish it off for about 400hp and kiss a stock 220hp renesis good-bye. :laughing:

rx-7. I like the rx-8's an dthought about trading for one...they have 238hp stock...ut i like the rx-7 better. I know a guy that has a v8 in a rx-7 and that shit is fast.

posted by  rsxdude

The 6spd rx-8 actually has about 220 crank dyno tested horsepower (never seen it above the 180s mark stock at the rear wheels, yet again mazda has another scare of overrating their engines...). Remember when the RX-8 first came out and they rated it at 247hp then they dropped the rating down to 238hp...yeah, it's still not fixed.

Your Message