please dont laugh

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  please dont laugh

heres the dell i got a 3kGt as a project car and it goes 172mph any idea what kind of power it has its got Msd and a suction intake but i theink the truth is in the boost any guesses what kind of psi its running got it from and auction so i cant ask previous owner and i dont got the computer systems to read the ecu

posted by  8G Galant

"cough" Bullshit "cough" There is absolutely no way it could do that :screwy:

posted by  99integra

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. :orglaugh: :laughing: LOL. *Laughing*.

posted by  DodgeRida67

look i dont know whats going on i only poped the hood didnt check any gears or computer stuff but i know the speedo said that and i dont know much about boost but the motor dosnt have the regular NA tuning the i know so i was wondering how it got there my self

posted by  8G Galant

Well I think your speedo is not set right :laughing:

posted by  99integra

A near stock 3000GT wont come anywhere close to 172mph. The top speed of a stock VR4 is 155mph and it would take massive amounts of power for it to see 172mph (not to mention a VERY long road and possibly new gears).

posted by  thunderbird1100

If you can get 172 from it, then your project should be finished. Where did you test the speed?

posted by  chris_knows

Maybe he means 172KM/h?

posted by  GreekWarrior

no it was mph i live in the us there is this road around me that is a retelivity straight with only minor bends and curves while it is possiacle that the speedo is off i didnt theink about that at all ill get the checked out but assuning the speedo is wrong is it even possiable to break 200mph that is my goal in life and this project money is no object what would it take to clear 200mph or did i pick the wrong platform to do that

posted by  8G Galant

If it is a 12v SOHC V-6 it has 170 bhp (base)FWD
If it has a 24v DOHC V-6 it has 220 bhp (SL)FWD
If it has AWD, a 24v DOHC twin turbo V-6 it has 320bhp (VR-4)
Remove the limiter and a VR-4 could do170 then be gear limited.
I can do 149mph in my 3g eclipse which has a 24v SOHC 205bhp version of the engine
You need about 3 miles to get to that speed in my car and she is just screaming for you to slow down.

posted by  desertsoldier22

That would put it around 104mph...lol Something my 15 year old Accord does no problem with 200lbs of audio equipment.

posted by  thunderbird1100

the 3kGt is the awd vr4 tt with 320 stock ponies and a distance is no issue SR 82 my speeding road of choice is 18 miles with no lights and minimal curves and bends both of witch is managable and almost any speed traffic is also not an issue just the occasional trucker. for the best top speed i know gears will need to be swaped but is it better to upgrade turbos to one massive turbo, secuencial turbos, or true twin turbos what will make the most high end power?

posted by  8G Galant

Unfortunately with our cars the tranny gears cannot be swapped simply because they don't make kits for our cars. The aftermarket has not been kind to the 6g72. You can have the gears shotpeened and cryo treated but that is the extent of tranny mods that can be done. Unless you have access to a machine shop

posted by  desertsoldier22

No way that car does 170+.....any idea how much power it takes in any stck bodied car to reach those kind of speeds?
Yeah...it can be done....breaking 200 can be done too. But you damn well better have a mighty large flow af cash to get it done.
Not only is there the engine performance issues but the car itself has to be built right to withstand the amount of stress caused by those kinds of speeds.
Not to mention all of the safety issues....BIG brakes..the right tires....a roll cage.....body reinforcement.......suspension modifications............the list will get really long.

posted by  norice

I don't think the brakes are too important, if he has a 15 mile stretch of road, same with a roll cage, I always thought those were meant for flipping over off a hill :doh: ...but if it was supercharged it might reach them, but I highly doubt it... :screwy:

posted by  chris_knows

the title of this thread is "please dont laugh".... give me a second.... :mrgreen::laughing::orglaugh: ... ok now. Theres no way this is happening.

posted by  rsxdude

Yeah, a cage is important at speeds like that....unless your stupid. Things happen very quickly.......a small bump in the road that you wouldnt even notice at normal speeds could cause a car rinning 170+ to go flying out of control.
Going that fast without the proper safety equipment is not very bright.

posted by  norice

Your Message