Which engine???

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Which engine???

wut kinda engine should i get for my 97 civic??? i was thinkin like a b20

posted by  97civic33

if this is just a civic ex... then i would go with a b16. They work really well and you have alot of modable things to do them and they can become really really quick. I know a guy who has one...well its a civic si... and it has 290hp to the wheels... that shits is crazy. Belive that i seen it dyno'ed. Or if it would fit...im not quite sure... get a b18 type-r motor. That would be fast as hell.

posted by  rsxdude

Turbo setup in mind - B18b series
N/A only - B16A1

posted by  thunderbird1100

k-series :D

posted by  import_nation

Sell it and get a good car

posted by  Oomba

The civic is a good car.

posted by  fudge

Actually the Civic has shit loads of potential

posted by  99integra

For grocery-getting.

posted by  Oomba

Only if it has no performance parts on it :wink2:

posted by  99integra

Even then, its still an econo box :laughing:

posted by  FordFromHell351

What about the Integra hmmm? Is there anything you have to say about that car hmmmmmmmmm? :laughing:

posted by  99integra

You can put performance parts in a station wagon that doesnt make it a sports car

posted by  Oomba

Just a slightly quicker econo box :laughing:

posted by  FordFromHell351

:evil: Watch it boy :laughing:

posted by  99integra

i like your b20 idea... a friend of mine has that in his 95 hatch... good strong motor... plus, to make it that much better, he threw on the gsr head... so yeah, b20 vtec = fun

posted by  mazda6man

"Racing a honda is like being in the special olympics,
even if you win you're still retarted"

posted by  desertsoldier22

I have said it before and I will say it again. Have you seen the 6 second AEM Honda?

posted by  99integra

^^ yea that

posted by  importluva

wow, 6 sec...that shizzy must be flying! :orglaugh:

posted by  nissanTFsx

Your attitude towards some cars (the Civic in particular) is kind of...childish. Thinking that a Civic has no potential to being a good sports car is probably the dumbest statement knowing many SCCA classes have Civics/CRX's, have FWD N/A four cylinder models running high 9s in the 1/4 and converted RWD versions running mid 6s. The Civic has become basically the do-anything vehicle in this past decade. The options to go whichever way are endless.

Also, the Subaru WRX has a station wagon version? Is it not a sports car? What about the Volvo V70R?

Clear your mind and open it up!

No thanks. Civics suck, and as a matter of fact, all Hondas suck. The only reason they can be that fast is because of all the aftermarket support because every Joe Ricer out there thinks tEh CiViC IS TeH Sh1tz yo!

posted by  Oomba

You're a moron. You're right, the only reason they're fast is because of the aftermarket and they're popular. Which is the only reason most affordable road cars are fast. Their other benefit is that they're cheap and they run forever. You're a narrow minded imbecile, now let's hear a nice loud "POP".

posted by  Bino

:orglaugh:

posted by  99integra

so many ignorant fools in the world

posted by  mazda6man

So does that mean they're fast and personalised? Yeah, I can see how that's so bad :screwy:

posted by  windsonian

I see, you're just a brand sheep. The problem isnt in your comprehension just your ignorance.

And yes, those S2000's and NSXs....so slow (completely stock... :laughing: ).

Let's hear your wonderful insight on what you completely ignored to answer in my last post...

V70R? WRX Wagon?

hmm...people are kinda off topic here...i think the dude who started this thread is trying to get some opinions on which engine to get for his car :smoke:

posted by  nissanTFsx

13B, that would be sweet. :mrgreen:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Yeah, they run forever stock as intended as grocery getters. Put a turbo in it, and im sure it will last just as long :banghead:

Anyhow, Toyota > Honda.

posted by  Oomba

A friend of mine with a CB7 similar to mine has a junkyard turbo setup on his F22a1 and has 205k miles on the engine. Turbo setup has been on there for 3.5 years too (about 30k miles). Zero problems...

Yeah, and all those non-boring new Toyotas...oh yeah, there are none :sleep:

We'll see when the Supra is back

posted by  Oomba

Your Message