Spinners, neons . etc etc

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Spinners, neons . etc etc

whats ur opinion on spinners? neons ? dvd lcd screens ? etc etc.?

personally i love em and my type r is going to be fill'd with shit like that very soon.., but my friend thinks the money is better spent on performance parts like his done for his little supra..
u recon i should do the same? or u recon spending 3000bux on a dvdplaya/sound system is worth it? (cause i do :P)

posted by  n00b

They look like shit and boy if you are talking about puttin that shit on an Integra Type-R, then I will slap the devil outta ya and smack the Jesus back in :evil:

posted by  99integra

And your friend is right

posted by  99integra

Money is MUCH better spent on performance parts. However, I am actually thinking about putting some green neon lights under my Saturn, and some green tinted fog lights...just for looks :mrgreen:
But only because Ive already done performance stuff to it (hell, Ive done a whole engine swap) and Ive already got a turbo, cold air intake, header, cat back exhaust, and cams and cam gears on the way for it. My suggestion would be to put your money into performance mods, otherwise, your just a no good little ricer :laughing:

posted by  FordFromHell351

You should bore out that big SE-R motor to get somemore power. Your car is a total sleeper.

posted by  99integra

Oh yeah I know it. This guy came up next to me in a little Honda Civic Si with dual exhaust, and he had all his little guages going on in the car like he really had something. When the light turned green I just pushed down on the gas half way and beat him to the next stop light :laughing: Im actually thinking of doing that..not for a while though...it was a pain in the ass putting the engine in, I really dont want to take it out and then put it back in again :banghead:

Trust me, have a mechanic do it for ya. Hell bring it down to Florida and I'll charge ya 200 for it including labor. :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Well, see I was doing it by myself. If I had one more person helping me, then I could do it much quicker and it wouldnt be as hard. I just dont trust having it done by some other mechanic other than myself. Of course I would take it to a different to get it bored like I did my Mustang.

I don't trust anybody either with my cars. I only take it to the shop if they need serious repair or I don't have enough time

posted by  99integra

That would be a crime against humanity to deface a true ITR with all that crap. I would do exactly 99integra stated... but after he got done. Spinners = retarded, neon = stupid, I'm ok with LCD screens and a quality stereo, but NOT in an ITR. What a waste of a true factory performance compact (THE factory performance compact).

Why don't you spend the money on some quality performance tires with light weight wheels, get a good suspension system, probably a cat-back and CAI. Then, spend your money on the entry fees at open track days... and then more tires as necessary. The ITR is arguably the mostly neutral handling FWD car available (according to things I've read, not actual seat time in all FWD compacts). If I had an ITR we'd visit the track (road race track) whenever possible.

posted by  Bino

Shit, if I dont have enough time to do a serious repair, I let it sit until I do have time and just drive my other cars. :laughing:

I better be able to get the first whack :laughing: The Type-R's are so fun to drive and they handle like they're on rails but the only drawback is the premium gas

posted by  99integra

I still like the hydraulic suspension-bouncing up and down the the music!

posted by  fudge

really what the **** is up with ****ers thinkin puttin in accesories are dumb? everyone has their own shit they like to do. some like performance and speed but there are some that just likes the look and comfortbility of the car. so if you wanna put lcd and neon's its sa'll good everyones got their own thing. those guys who are all about performace(i am all bout that too) should stop bad mouthin and shit bout ppl who put on a body kit instead of a turbo. its just like you guys like fat type chick and some of us like the good looking type, everyones got their own thing if you like looks go with it, if you like speed then go with that, who gives a **** of whatever someone else says, its your car! and i bet not a lot of ppl here that has a car that can match with the integra type r

posted by  chibi

First of all it is a thing called riceritis. All the shit that they do to it costs as much money as making the car run 10's. What kinda retard would take looks over speed? Apparently you would seeing that you are backing him up to the last degree. I used to have a 99 Type-R but now I got another performance car so I can match the Type-R. Sure the Type-R handles better than my Mustang but what the hell. Haven't you noticed that only the asians and wiggers listening to rap put all that shit on. All we were doing was stating our input about how we didn't like that kinda shit, I personally don't know what you're bitchin about, all we did was state our personal opinion. How practical is it to buy tv's for the car if it will only create a safety hazard. What the hell do neons do except give off light underneath the car. So let me tell ya something buddy, its called personal preferance and if we don't like it, who cares, but apparently you cannot except that fact can you? :banghead:

posted by  99integra

How about this. To each their own.

posted by  DodgeRida67

True, true. Thats what I pretty much said, just a little longer

posted by  99integra

How about this: He asked for our opinion... since it's an opinion, and he asked for them, we gave it to him. Don't get pissed at us because you disagree with our opinions. Because this thread started with "what's your opinion on..." We only obliged.

posted by  Bino

umm 99inegra i listen to rap and i dont do that stuff to my car. mainly because of 2 reasons

1 cant afford
2 cant be bothered

plus all i have on my car is a header and exhaust system (when my friend sold it to me it came with it)

ok i think ive said enough so yea

posted by  ahoo

Okay I did exagerate on that part because that is all you see in St. Pete so I shouldn't have said that

posted by  99integra

hmm i think i said "everyones got their own thing" means the same as "personal preference" genious :orglaugh: , but whenever someone puts on somethin about looks instead of performance theeres always someone to say they are stupid, if you say you statin what you think, im just doin the same BITCH............OH WHAT!? :smoke:

posted by  chibi

OMFG that last one was hilarious :orglaugh: What kind of man says bitch :laughing: And no, apparently I didn't read your post right

posted by  99integra

I myself think a few accessories to enhance looks are alright, depending on what the part is and how much money your paying for it. IMO, i'd rather put money into something more useful (like power, comfort, etc) but as stated, everyone has different opinions on things and also have different budgets. Like with my truck, i plan to add on accessories but for a purpose, like bigger tires, suspension/body lift, roll bar, and push bumpers to make it look cooler but also because i would like to take it on trails sometimes. Some other people may look at what i want to do and think its stupid but its what 'I' want to do with MY money. Its true though, you cant ask a question then be offened by the response because you put yourself out there when you asked for peoples thoughts/opinions :2cents:

posted by  car_crazy89

If it doesn't make the car faster, I say don't put it in.

posted by  GreekWarrior

If it doesn't make the car faster, I say don't put it in.

posted by  GreekWarrior

:ticking: Greekwarrior you have taken off the skyline in your sig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :soul:

posted by  ahoo

Yeah :PP I'm getting a wrx soon so I though I'd change my sig accordingly. :mrgreen:

PS sorry about the double post. :doh:

posted by  GreekWarrior

The stuff you would do would look pretty sweet. :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

Thanx, i'm not really into lowering trucks in the year range of 1973-1987 or so, only the compact trucks look good lowered. I also would like to change the seats in the truck from bench to buckets lol.

posted by  car_crazy89

personally i would spend money on performance parts rather then waste it on ricey mods. but if you would rather look good (your own definition of what looks good) then go fast.. then go ahead and do what you want

posted by  import_nation

oh ok lol what kind of wrx? 22b?

posted by  ahoo

lol i wish. :mrgreen: :hi: Just an average 2000 MY00 wrx. :smoke:

posted by  GreekWarrior

I thought you'd changed to a blue wrx because Bunta has one...

posted by  fudge

lol that too. :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

LMFAO thats funny how he beats his own son

posted by  ahoo

any body here would ****ing kill u for saying
something like that its all dead waight and only
if ur making a show car is that good but most people
arn't gonna car so take that 3k and buy a turbo or a
bigger engine

posted by  JDMprelude92

first of all, spinners shouldnt even be seen on imports. second, Neon lights are outdate stuff...so dont waste your money...

posted by  nissanTFsx

Hey don't forget neons add 20hp at the wheels. :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

bah 60hp coming from my bodykit and 20 from my tincan exhaust beat that...

posted by  ahoo

Don't forget the "Type R" badge, good for 30hp.... :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

bass neon tubes, at LEAST 10hp

fuzzy dice over mirror, another 5hp

racing seat covers, mats, steering wheel cover, shoulder pads, good for another 10hp

and the all important race pedals, another 5hp.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Also a huge wing on the back to make your car handle like a formula one.

posted by  GreekWarrior

and nos stickers for a whopping 100HP!!!!!

posted by  ahoo

Not unless you have a tacho the size of a dinner plate.

posted by  GreekWarrior

Lmao, I love it when we get into rice, its just so funny, the otherday I saw some kid in a late 80s oldsmobile 4 door something. It was dark red-purple and he painted his hubcaps limegreen, there was a 5 in. thick limegreen stripe going around the whole car. The front grille was about 3/4 of the way painted limegreen. It was the ugliest car I've ever seen, lime green and dark redish purple. And to top it off, he didn't even have a fart can muffler, this is even better, he just had a new muffler tip halfway hanging off the canister. :laughing:

posted by  Accord_Man

man, sounds like a car i would see around here. someday i'll have to go out and rice hunt in my city. you'd be amazed at some of the shit we have...

posted by  dodgerforlife

Well theres this guy at school with a 1989 Cavalier and he painted it using cans of silver spray paint (got it on windows, emblems, grille, etc) and then to finish it off he had a Type-R emblem and painted silver stripes on the tires.... cant forget the huge dents in the side of the car and broken taillight.

posted by  car_crazy89

wow...sounds like a SURE WIN show off of the week in cardomain!
that car got my vote :laughing:

posted by  nissanTFsx

Oh, that crap is great if you like rice.........Watch TV and play PS2 at the damn house.........neon is for signs.
In my opinion it looks like $hit and adds unwanted weight to your car........likewise with the gay looking ground effects. That crap serves no purpose other than maybe trying to impress some other ricer........and to waste a bunch of $$$$$$$.
Spend your cash on stuff that will make it run and handle better.
Its better to be fast than to look fast..........and to me the ricer look doesnt look fast either but all of the ricers seem to think that crap looks good and makes theor car faster.........right.

posted by  norice

WTF? Come on man if you had any sense you should slap yourself for saying that. Go with the performance parts, it is a Type-R for God sakes. Doesn't turbo or anything like that sound better than stupid crap. :banghead: :screwy:

posted by  GrandAmFreak

rice rockets are like pussies, every bitch has one

posted by  Jay-G

So tom cruise is a pussy?

posted by  TurboLag

Goddamn it dude, why do you still come here :evil:

posted by  99integra

yes :mrgreen:

posted by  Accord_Man

I dont like him much actually, he has one of the wierdest religions, complete BS

posted by  TurboLag

Such things are not needed to attack the downhill of mount Akina.

posted by  Bunta Fujiwara

wtf bro :screwy:

posted by  99integra

bto??

posted by  TurboLag

That's a good point Bunta.

posted by  GreekWarrior

sorry, bro :doh:

posted by  99integra

What the hell is mount Akina :screwy:

posted by  99integra

Some hill in japan, they just call them "mounts" to make them sound majestic :laughing:

posted by  TurboLag

Akina doesn't exist, it's called Mt.Haruna instead and don't even think about hooking the gutters on the 5 hairpins as they put speed bumps on the entry to it.

posted by  fudge

Your Message