Base Rsx vs Rsx-s

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Base Rsx vs Rsx-s

"I bought a 2004 RSX in February 2004. Great car all around; so good in fact that I gave serious consideration to trading up to a 2005 Type-S. But upon looking more closely I learned that the gearing ratio for 5th and 6th gears in the 2005 Type-S is identical with gears 4th and 5th in the regular RSX. So don't expect much difference in highway acceleration between the two cars under 5500 rpm. In fact, they don't part company on their velocity until about 120 mph (at 5500 rpms), which is where their torque curves diverge. If you don't believe me, just check the write-ups from your dealer. In any case, my RSX will still go much faster than I am willing to drive it. So without an Autobahn to drive it on, I can't justify moving up to the Type-S, despite my strong desire for a 6-speed. Great cars both of them. I especially like averaging 30 miles per gallon of gas all the while driving a "small rocketship" that can sub as "station wagon" and handle (almost) like a race car. "

i read this on a yahoo review, does this guy mean that a base can keep up with a type-s until it hits 120mph?? is that for real??

posted by  chibi

haha...i think thats what they are trying to say.
hmm...that might be true, LOL but i doubt it :mrgreen:

posted by  nissanTFsx

why don't you test drive one or go to clubrsx and do a search

posted by  importluva

Let's put this crap down quickly...

Base 5spd RSX 1/4 mile - 15.3-15.7
RSX Type-S 1/4 mile - 14.7-15.1

I'm pretty sure neither car eclipses 120mph in this time... You be the judge :laughing:

posted by  thunderbird1100

6speeds are incredibly fun though...

posted by  mazda6man

Your Message