Strut bar fabrication

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Strut bar fabrication

I was wondering if it would be possible to fabricate my own strut bar? Is it simply a peice of aluminum welded to a base that attatches to the strut tower or is it a peice of alluminum filled with actuall parts? If any one has tried this or has anything advice or any opinions about this, please let me know.
Thanks
-Justin

posted by  Masuk

You dont need one.

posted by  Oomba

It depends on the car, so what do you have?

posted by  99integra

I have a 97 Eclipse GS 420a

posted by  Masuk

I would suggest to buy one thats already made, I tried to do it but it is not as good as quality as the pros make it

posted by  99integra

You dont need one.

posted by  Oomba

Why not, it improves the body roll in turns to a certain extent

posted by  99integra

... he needs one...

posted by  rsxdude

Okaaaayyy :screwy:

posted by  99integra

There's no way a 420a Eclipse needs a strut bar... there's so many other things that are needed to make that car fast... strut bar won't actually improve anything. Most people just get them for looks.

posted by  Bino

True but it make body roll a little better so after you put that on, get performance parts.

posted by  99integra

Integra...stfu im not crazy. :wink2: I think he needs one cause personally i think they help keep your car on the road. If you have it low and you have a strut and lower tie bar then when you hit those corners at high speeds then they really do come in handy. Although i do aggree that money could be well spent on the engine instead of a strut bar.

BTW... Teg, you know im :joking:

posted by  rsxdude

But the thing is he can't go fast with the 420A because it is a shitty motor. And if I didn't know you were joking it would have been like a couple months ago :laughing:

posted by  99integra

strut bars dont even make the freaking car faster.... ffs.....

they mainly help resist a little bit more of the stresses put on the chassis while turning (or some other force that may act upon the chassis on some other case).

some ppl notice the difference in body roll and such, others dont, but in the end, strut bars do make a difference..... just not as much as some ppl claim.

also, they aint that expensive, it all depends on where u get them at.

posted by  Inygknok

My point was that he needs a full suspension/sway bar system already in place before he will notice any difference from a strut-tower rod. They are truly beneficial if you actually plan on autocrossing or road-racing your car. Otherwise don't worry about it. The flex of the suspension points is real and measurable, but it all depends on the vehicle. Strut-tower rods are on my list of modifications... but it's the very bottom item, but, the reason I own my car is as a daily driver and weekend road-racer.

If you just want one for looks... they're really cheap.

posted by  Bino

yeah...but you knew im just kidding with ya :mrgreen: btw im going today to get my Teggie @ 4:30...

posted by  rsxdude

What is it drive/look like :hi:

posted by  99integra

The 420a is a fine motor. Just because it doesnt run on rice doesnt make it bad.

posted by  Oomba

The only kind of rice I like is white :ticking: I didn't say anything about "ricing it up" did I?

posted by  99integra

Rice-burner is a term for any japanese car

posted by  Oomba

Okay, front strut bars are CHEAP. You shouldnt need to fabricate one.

DC Sports for $91 http://www.optauto.com/index.htm?stocknumber=DC-CSB1001

Can the rear DC for the same price... http://www.optauto.com/index.htm?stocknumber=DC-CSB2007

$40 for a no name brand front strut bar http://www.dsmparts.com/customer/product.php?productid=320&cat=107&page=1

posted by  thunderbird1100

drives pretty good...clutch is a lil sticky but i can fix that no prob. and its the 97 body style, dark blue, with white factory rims :laughing: its nice

posted by  rsxdude

Your Message