New car~!

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  New car~!

Hey all. I'm looking to buy my first car :mrgreen: . Right now my budget is around $5000 - $10000 CAD. Well anyways I have looked at alot of used cars around Vancouver and I really like this car.

1998 Infinity I30t (9900$)

Engine : 3.0L
Milage: 110 km
Financing : Available
Body : Sedan
Transmission : Automatic
Cylinder : 6
Interior Color : Tan
Exterior Color : Dark Green
Options : Air Conditioning, Alarm, AM/FM Stereo, Dual Air Bag, Alloy Wheels, CD Player, Power Mirrors, Fog Lights, Cruise Control, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Power Seat, Power Trunk, All Equipped, Keyless Entry, Power Windows, Tinted Glass, Tilt Steering, Tilt Wheel, Spoiler, Leather Interior, Sunroof, Power Locks,
Description : one owner, no accident, excellent condition.
Warranty Description : one year warranty

This is the car I really want, and I have read alot of good things about this line/year of infiniti's (Allthough I have heard about some problems with a diaode in the alternator that could short out causing a fire and the airbag breaking). Well thats why you take the car to a mechanic to get it checked out right?

Pic:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/kirbyROXOR/CT200542095521706_20055919 450873.jpg

So any comments or suggestions are really appreciated~!

posted by  G_Gka_Genious

The 1998 Infiniti I30t is a great car. However Ive found the 1991-96 Infiniti Q45s to be more reliable. Ive only seen that alternator problem happen once, on a customers car at the new BMW dealership I work at. He claims he was just driving down the road and he saw that the car was smoking out from under the hood and then the car just stopped running and he had to pull over and put it out with his bottle of Aquafina and his jacket. :laughing:

posted by  FordFromHell351

Have you looked into the Integra's our are you bent on luxery/performance. Look into the pro 1999 G20's also.

posted by  99integra

I dont really like the integra's styling and all cars that can be dubbed "rice rockets" (Sorry if that sounds rude. It's just so many people my age own those kinds of cars and they are always tricked out and personally I don't like it). I like a car with more a luxury/classy feel to it. Also I really do not like the styling of the pre 2000 Q45's. Well I have another question how is the I30 on gas, I have read alot of different values for its MPG and mabye one of you know.

posted by  G_Gka_Genious

Everybody thought I was a ricer when I raced my Integra Type-R even though it was all stock except like 30 grand or more in the engine :banghead:

But have you thought about the 1999 and up Infinity G20's?
http://auto.consumerguide.com/images/autoreview/400x266/1999-2002-Infiniti- G20-00804031990001.JPG
http://www.nissanfanseite.de/Infiniti/Infiniti-Historie/Infiniti_G20_1999-2 001/Infiniti-G20-1999-02.jpg

posted by  99integra

Looks nice! If its the car you want, dont let others change your mind. Get it checked out at a couple places, do a carfax, and you are ready to go.

posted by  importluva

The G looks nice but it's a little to plain for my taste.

posted by  G_Gka_Genious

If you like the luxury/classy feeling, I would definately get the I30, nice car :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

I think the car in your first post is pretty nice. I agree that if you'd be happy with it then go for it and let us know what you think of it afterwards.

posted by  car_crazy89

U know what if uve got that much money and u want a car to tune then
get some thing like:
98 Honda orelude
later model 240 sx
celica not a infinity
think use ur noodle for what its there for
go with some thing fast
and easily tunable :orglaugh:

posted by  JDMprelude92

Consumer reports said it was a good car but not very agile handling :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

The one upside with getting this car is that not every teenager has one (like a Honda, Nissan, etc). There may be a lot smaller supply of tuning parts for his choice but it'd be different then a lot of other cars you see around.

posted by  car_crazy89

Ya, alot of my friends/people I know have gotten preludes, integras, civics ect. I guess I just like to be different :screwy: . Anyways speed/power and all that isnt really to important to me (Not saying I want something like my mom's old Subaru Dl with 95 HP lol). This car is mainly gonna be used for getting me to school, work and just cruisin around with friends; I don't have any intrest in racing anyone. Really I would much rather have heated leather seats and tinted windows than a big muffler that everyone on the block can hear. But thanks for the replies everyone :clap: .

posted by  G_Gka_Genious

It seems that you are the most responsible teen out there, or the one with the best taste in cars. :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Yeah, that's a nice car too. :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Remember, the I30 is just a Maxima with more leather and a fancy grille. Anything that makes a Max work better will make the I30 work better.

posted by  ChrisV

Is there a way that you can swap Maxima parts with the I30?

posted by  99integra

Yep. :laughing: Same platform, same car, just with more options. Just like the 350z and the G35. :mrgreen:

I guess it was kinda obvious. I also didn't know the 350z could swap with the G35, I thought only the Skyline could do that :doh:

posted by  99integra

yep it can.

here is a full front/back picture of the car.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/kirbyROXOR/Carinfini.jpg

Cant wait to go and see it soon.

posted by  G_Gka_Genious

:thumbs:

posted by  nissanTFsx

Your Message