Eclipse - Please help with paint choice!

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Eclipse - Please help with paint choice!

Hey, this is my first time posting here on the car forums, and I was hoping that I could get some outside advice and some people could offer their opinions. I just recently purchased a 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse from a private owner and the paint job on the car isn't the greatest. I've been going through a few options, and right now I know that in some form or another I want to have the car repainted. At this point, I'd like to stick with just a color, no pearlesence or anything. I've been juggling a few colors in my head and would like to ask if someone could tell me what they think would be best. I would either like to go with the same silver that's on it, dodge viper yellow, a blue, or an orangish color like the 350Z burnt orange. Here is a link to eBay and pictures of the car, so if you could offer your opinion I would really appreciate it. Right now I'm leaning towards the yellow because I think it would really set it off, but if you could, tell me what you think. Thanks!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4556213553&rd =1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

posted by  darksting75

I would HIGHLY recommend doing 350Z blue. We have a car here in the shop painted that color, and I've seen a few Eclipses painted that color as well... they look fantastic. I've seen quite a few DSM's painted yellow... to be honest they look really strange (to me). Every time I see a 350Z Blue Eclipse it makes me want to paint my car.

Just my :2cents:

posted by  Bino

I think the 350z paint is called electric blue or something like that, I would have it painted the 350z blue

posted by  99integra

Thanks so far for your suggestions and opinions. Are there any other ideas out there? I would appreciate hearing the opinions of a lot of car enthusists out there! Silver, Yellow, Blue, or Burnt Orange? Anything would be great. Thanks

posted by  darksting75

Well, here's another thought, whenever I get around to getting my Civic running (probably years from now... it's been 5 years already), I plan on painting it Plymouth Prowler Metallic Orange (which is a burnt orange color).

Just another angle... I love all the Burnt Oranges and Metallic Olive's (Polo Green on the H2's). In '95 and '96 Eclipses were available with a factory Burnt Orange paint job, as well as a metallic pearl olive.

posted by  Bino

I like my car's color. Its Eucalyptus Green Pearl. My car is below

posted by  importluva

go with the blue
its asn awsome color
and u don't see many
eclipses that r blue
so that should be your color :2cents:

posted by  JDMprelude92

color is pretty nice, easy to maintain :thumbs:

why not blk? blk is mean and clean! Gloss blk, jet blk...whateva :mrgreen:

posted by  nissanTFsx