Clunking in front end of 98 Eclipse

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Clunking in front end of 98 Eclipse

I recently purchased a 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse. I really love the car, it has a full body kit, a fiberglass hood, nice 17 inch rims, etc. But the problem is, when I hit bumps in the road there is a clunking in the front of the car. Originally I thought it might be the struts/shocks, but after bouncing the car up and down pretty heavily, it doesn't seem to be them. Does anyone have any idea what this could possibly be? I heard a few things, that it may be a bad "dog bone" or possibly that something needs greased, or maybe it's the struts...who knows?! If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate them, thanks!

P.S. I'm looking to get the car painted, but I need some suggestions and opinions. I'm leaning towards silver or yellow right now, out of those two give me your opinion which would look better. Then you can give me any color other than those that you would think would be best. I'm also looking to put some simply vinyls on the side, right now it's silver with blue vinyls, and even if I paint it yellow I might still have the blue vinyls on, I know it sounds strange but I threw the car into NFSU2 and the simple bllue on yellow looks ok! Give me any suggestions, thanks a ton.

posted by  darksting75

may be that the body kit is hitting, but if you know thats not it then i would say its the struts... i have a friend that had the same problem with her rear end so id check it out.

posted by  rsxdude

its not the struts or the body kit
if its while turnig then the CV joints
r totlay skrewed my car clunked and thats what it
was

posted by  JDMprelude92

I'm thinking ball-joint or CV joint. My car just started doing the same thing. If you figure it out let us know.

posted by  Bino

maybe the front of your car is too low (no wheel gap at all!) so when your car bounces, the front tires actually hit the inside of the car.

posted by  nissanTFsx

Maybe your rice is rattling.

posted by  Oomba

Your Message