new car, please help!

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  new car, please help!

1994 mazda rx-7 twin turbo
1999 mitsubishi eclipse gsx
2003 nissan 350z

wich car would you pick? and about how fast could i make these cars go?

posted by  Guns_10

RX-7 hands down. If you can't get one of those go for the Z. Good luck though :thumbs: ! You can get more horsepower per litre in a rotary engine than other engines. They have 1.3 Litre engines stock and have like 236 horsepower stock. I've seen rx-7s with 1000+ Horsepower. You can import bigger engines from japan, theres a commonly imported one that I think comes from a rotary powered van. VERY roddable.

posted by  TurboLag

7s are nice but be sure you understand how to maintain rotary. light weight + rotary + turbo = winner.
Zs have tt kits and single turbo out now, putting nearly 400whp w/ stock internals...
GSX...its got that engine and tons of parts, you figure it out...

posted by  importluva

350zs don't come stock with turbos.

posted by  TurboLag

never said they did. re-read.

posted by  importluva

Well you should probably try to be more clear then. You could have worded it differently.

posted by  TurboLag

RX-7. But if you cant get one, go for the 350z, theyre fast little bastards :laughing:

posted by  FordFromHell351

RX-7, I think they are one of the greatest cars ever to come out of japan. :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

have a little faith man. I've been in the import scene for many years now, i comment on the things i know for sure and don't meddle in things i don't know.

posted by  importluva

RX-7 TT would be nice. Hard to maintain tho.

Yes, there is after market turbo kit for the Z, but i heard that they are no good for the engine, unless you plan on buying yourself another car after a few yrs or less.

No offense to Eclipse owners, but i would not choose it because its not light and its not fast.

posted by  nissanTFsx

thanks for your help so far.. but basicly my brother has a 1999 firebird trans am ws6, and im looking for a fast import so i can beat him with it ( cuz that would just piss him off ) i heard you could push an rx 7 to 200mph if you have enough cash, true? how fast would a z go with a nice tt turbo?

posted by  Guns_10

I don't doubt you a bit. Don't worry I'm not questioning your authoritaay. :laughing:

posted by  TurboLag

Anything is possible with devotion :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

RX-7 DUH!!! iam surprised that a supra isn't on ur list

posted by  mustangmann

plus rx-7 for sure has the potential (please excuse my spelling).

theres a video floating around the internet where a guy takes is HIGHLY suped up rx7 and hits like 250 and then lifts off the ground and spins like a frisbe and then lands and does flips (i think)

if i can find it ill post it

posted by  mustangmann

Rotary engines dont last very long. Good luck finding one that is low miles.

posted by  Oomba

^^ i don't think so. In fact, because it has fewer moving parts it should last longer...the only reason the rotary gets so much bad rep is because the maintenance procedures for the rotary are a little different than conventional engines. Rotarys are the way to go...

EDIT: Here (http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=mazdaSpee dDrivingEngineRotaryPiston&bhcp=1) is a very technical article on some of the complexities of the rotary that few understand.

EDIT2: Here (http://encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com/Wankel_engine) is a link to how rotarys work,their advantages and disadvantages. Read the first sentence under history.

posted by  importluva

I know a guy with an rx7, hes been through 3 motors and has had it less than a year.

posted by  TurboLag

Your Message