dont want to die with car. just make it pretty.

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  dont want to die with car. just make it pretty.

alright. im sixteen to start off with. that probably made people stop reading this thread. but i recently bought 2 honda accords. the one im driving has all the options with a 2.7 liter v6. i dont know much more of the specs other than that. the other honda is a 97 which i bought for the 600 dollar ground effects and the system, the guy just started hating it cuz the engine blew up along with the transmission? ended up i had to fix the front bumper cuz the v6 front end is 1 1/2 in longer for the engine will fit. but other than that all the parts were compatible. i just wanted to know what can i do to make my car mean, but without having to replace my engine. i know a honda sedan with the 2.7 engine isnt a racer anyways, i just need some help because i dont want a car that people know is slow and just looks good on outside (sunroof, all black metallic, ground effects, spoiler, neon) im working on getting a new hood and good sounding exhaust system. but i need help with what else i can do, or if its even worth it to start tuning the engine because of the make and specs. (btw, im not car ignorant, i just grew up with classic 69 fastbacks, fairlanes and 4 wheel drive trucks, imports are new to me because of the smaller engines and computers but im slowly learning. also im not gonna be racing, i just need something that has power to back up the looks mainly)

posted by  hXcHondaKid

How bout you wait until you're a little bit older to make it fast. Trust me, there will be a lot of members that will agree and some that won't. Don't make it a ricer please :ohcrap:

posted by  99integra

i didnt mean to make it into a ricer. i just want a little something to back what i have up. like how the exterior and interior of my car is already looking really nice, as a ricer would (but a sedan), but it has the sporty look so i was wanting to know as what kind of things i could do to make it have a little more power so i know the car isnt just looks. it sounds stupid cuz i need a better way to explain it. the exhaust for one. what ftype of exhaust system should i go with and what all could i do to the engine without getting crazy?

posted by  hXcHondaKid

o o o o if you are building a car for show, like autosalon are you considered a ricer? cause down here in NZ most people like showing off more than actually racing. pretty gay but yeah :banghead: not all do though so that's nice

posted by  ahoo

I'm not a big fan of exhaust because of all the civics so I would say get a DC header(s), and a Greddy full catback system. How much money do you plan on spending?

posted by  99integra

Dont bother getting a fart-can exhaust. Dont even worry about getting an exhaust at all, because its not going to give you enough of a power increase to be worth the money. Save up for a supercharger :evil:

posted by  Oomba

If its a Honda don't you think a turbo would be better for it

posted by  99integra

Not really, it depends on what he wants. Superchargers are better for low end power gain, while turbos are better for high end.

posted by  Oomba

And the regular output without the turbo on a honda kicks in later so would a supercharger be a better choice for the low end gain or wait a little longer with the turbo and win the race :wink2:

posted by  99integra

Hey, if he has the money and some engineering ability he could always do both :hi:

posted by  Oomba

like i said, i didnt want to get to crazy. i was thinking on just getting new heads, supercharger and a few other simple things. but also i wasnt wanting a fart muffler, i just wanted to find an exhaust system that was good with a good sound to end. my income right now is generally low. but about a hundred to hundred fifty of my money at the moment is going to my car every week. (like i also said im a teenager what else do i have to spend it on). i wasnt planning on a turbo. atleast not on this engine, the compression with a super charger is probably too much for the engine i have which i still havent found on any site. 2.7 liter, factory stock on the 95. i didnt know if i should just wait till i get another car or a possible swap.

posted by  hXcHondaKid

Your Message