J-Spec engine?!

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  J-Spec engine?!

Alright, to start things off, I hate Imports. I drive a first generation Dodge Charger, but that's not the reason I'm posting here.

There's some s***-stain in my school that is convinced he knows everything about everything autmotive. He tried and tried to convince me that there's some new kind of V-TEC alternative, going to be known as a J-SPEC. Now, as I've stated, I don't follow Imports much, but I know enough; I know that a "J-SPEC" is a 100% Japanese Imported car (I'm pretty sure, anyway). I was just wondering, to back up my theory and arguement, am I right? Or, is there really a such thing at all as a J-SPEC engine?

posted by  Sand Toes

Don't quote me beyond all doubt on this because I also have little use for rice but... To the very best of my knowledge "J-Spec" is nothing more than a term used for "Japanese Spec" and the name of SEVERAL "tuner" shops. Belly button cars, belly button names I guess.

So to answer your question directly, I think you're right in calling your friend a shitstain.

posted by  vwhobo

Your friend must be a COMPLETE ****ing idiot. I am guessing that you guys are in high school or younger for anyone to think that JSPEC thing. I love Jap cars, and used to own a RSX-S--it has i-VTEC the new intelligent VTEC. I race rally in the SCCA and my car is a mainly j-spec my buddies car is a j-spec EVO V....I have always used the term when talking about a totally jap car--i.e. right hand drive, everything still in km and litres.....There is also the term JDM--which stands for Japanese Domestic Market--which means stuff that is for sale in japan and not here and that is OEM on cars from the factory over there. I am glad you both don't like Jap cars, more for me!

PS I am new here but so far vwhobo is the most intelligent poster I have yet met on any online forum...keep it up!

posted by  jmyers0341

:banghead: and all the while I thought it was me. :cussing:

:wink2:

posted by  BavarianWheels

Your Message