alpine cd/mp3 decks and amps

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  alpine cd/mp3 decks and amps

which alpine cd/mp3 deck is the best? there is so many out now, i just dont know which one is good. what are some good amps?

posted by  silvia_star

the one that costs the most!

posted by  junkinthetrunk

rockford fosgate x-6 competition class D mono amp
pushing 6 15" mtx8000's with ease
$500-900 depending on where u buy.

posted by  hXcHondaKid

well, it depends what you features you need and what kind of stereo you are building....

as for an amp, lots of things to consider in that. How many subs/how much power handling/SQL or SPL/sub size/ohm rating on the coils?

As for Hondakid - running 6 600 watt subs off of an 1100 watt monoblock amp? yeah..........sure.............hell no.

posted by  dodgerforlife

lets just say that i want bass. which deck would be best? i only want either a poineer or alpine deck.

posted by  silvia_star

Alpine units have really good tunability (not as good as others) but have great sound quality. The only gripe I have with Alpine units is their best HU's only have 4v pre-outs (while most top of the line HU's form other manufacturers are 5v, 6.5v or 8v).

Check into the Panasonic 9000 series (great decks for the price), the Pioneer Premier 8mp or 860mp or the Eclipse 5000/8000 series. Those are basically some of the best decks out on the market currently. But if you want a good Alpine deck check into a CDA9855.

posted by  thunderbird1100

the Pioneer (Premier)8MP stands for "PIMP"...hehee...

its a sweet looking deck, with some amazing features - looking at one for my next install :)

as for your bass wants - do you want just loud bass, do you want clean bass, do you want deep bass?

posted by  dodgerforlife

hold on...okay i dont know that much about decks. what are HU's? and that 4v pre-outs? is it better to have lower number or higher number v pre-outs?

posted by  silvia_star

HU = Head Unit... Abbr.

4v pre-out = 4 volt pre-out (or RCA out)... Used to send a signal from your head unit to an external amplifier. Any deck over $300 (MSRP) should have 3 sets of pre-outs (Front, Rear, Sub). The higher the voltage the cleaner the sound will be sent to the amp.

Panasonic has 5 volt pre outs on their upper line decks
Pioneer has 6.5 volt preouts on thier upper model Premier decks
Alpine units are all 4 volt for the better decks
Eclipse 5000 serie is 5 volt pre outs and 8000 series is 8 volt

posted by  thunderbird1100

Your Message