spec-v

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  spec-v

just want to here what people think about the se-r spec-v, it has decent hp and torque and is not very heavy for a 4-door car. i am looking for something that is decently quick, affordable and reliable. $10,000-$15,000 is going to be my max price range so i think this car might work.

chris

posted by  chris1017

Have you thought of a 99 Type-R Integra, they are faster than the SpecV

posted by  99integra

The spec-v is a very good car, I have driven them a few times and the cars torque off the line has surprised me each time. Plus they get decent gas mileage, are roomy and very practical. I say go for it if you can find one in your price range.

posted by  Zalight

There are tons in that price range but how could you say no to that face :mrgreen: http://www.japancars.agava.ru/photos/concept/acura_integra_type_r.jpg

HERE (http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/default.aspx?carID=1769&optionID=0) are also the specs of it

posted by  99integra

He'd be hard pressed to find a 97-01 ITR for under $15k.... most go for $17k-$22k.

posted by  thunderbird1100

I know, but I have seen a couple in my area for less

posted by  99integra

alot harder to find and insurance is probably alot more.

is the type r really that much better. it has a few more hp but i think the spec-v has more torque, i think, i know the spec-v runs about 15.5s 1/4 mile. what does the type-r run stock.

chris

posted by  chris1017

Look at the stats in my second post :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

It does it in 15.1 sec

0-60 is 6.6

posted by  99integra

The SE-R definatley has a lot more torque with its QR25DE motor compared to the little B18C5 in the ITR, but the Sentra suffers from bad torque-steer. Also, the ITR's handling surpasses the SE-R's so much it's not even comparable. Think Z06 vs. v6 camaro in handling...

yeah, but the spec v is more practical, and more modern. 4 doors, decent gas mileage, good for day to day. I don't think this guys going to be autocrossing every weekend so he'll be happy with the spec v.

posted by  Zalight

A lot of Spec-V enthusists speak out against the new SE-R with extreme dismay for good reason, Nissan went away from the roots. That's why they arent selling Spec-V SE-Rs at all.

I can say no :laughing: J/K Steven, I actually like those cars, however that yellow is awful. Give a black one with a sunroof :thumbs:

posted by  FordFromHell351

you are correct that i am not a racer and well never be one, i just want a car i can fly in but i nedd praticality. and the whole 0.4s 1/4 difference i think i can live with, handling i don't think will bother me but that can always be taken care of anyway right.

is there any other suggetions that fall into my catagory: fast, affordable, reliable, please give suggestions.

chris

posted by  chris1017

i bought the SE-R spec-V with the optional brembos a few days back and there are some things i like and dislike about it.

first off, the fit and finnish of the car reminds me of a car i'd pay no more than $10k for. it's almost hyundai-ish but still, who's looking to buy a luxury sentra?

secondly, the torque steer is ridiculous. considering my tires are almost bald in the front and the torrential rains we've been getting these past few days, i can't punch it at all. i've tried twice and both times i almost ran into telephone poles.

third, the space is CRAMPED. i'm not a man of big stature so it fits me just fine but i have a buddy who's 6' 6" and whenever he sits in the front seat, his knees basically touch the dash.

otherwise, this car is a great performance car for its price. i paid $15k for my 2004 with 22k miles (factory warrenty included!!! :thumbs: ) and honestly, i couldn't be happier with the car. there's plenty of power throughout the range and you can feel it starting right at 2000 rpm (you'll always be above 2000 if you're not driving it like grandma) but the power is definitely outshined by the brakes. the car also comes with LSD stock and the 17"s on them are not bad looking wheels.

i don't think reliability is an issue on this car since the 2.5 is the altima 2.5 with an improved exhaust system. i'm sure that maintenence won't be very expensive and the car will hold value fairly well considering the limited production.

i've heard you can pick up used WRXs at under $15k but you're also talking about driving a turbo car over an NA car. historically, turbo cars are more troublesome than NA.

i hope this helps. i love the car (so far) and i'm sure if you test drove it, you'd be very surprised at the torque-iness, the breaking power, and it's cornering abilities.

posted by  humptrax

You could get a 1999 Honda Civic SIR, two door coupe, shouldn't be too much, maybe around 10-14k. 160hp, 5 speed transmission. Handles pretty damn well. The car is pretty light, so acceleration should be prety good. Its cheap, and with the money left over, you can do a lot of modifications to it. Maybe even spring for a turbo.

posted by  aerith

Your Message